Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Drivers on Parallels for Mac?  (Read 1176 times)
papawhiskey
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: October 02, 2014, 01:23:26 AM »

Hey all,
Has anyone had success, or do you know if the Emerald Drivers work on Parallels for Mac?  The windows software Mac uses...i know it doesn't work for mac, but i haven't seen if it works with parallels.  Thanks!  PW.
BTW, I got my first saber in a grab bag.  Was an Initiate, V3.  I figured I had a 99.5 chance of getting that one.  I did!  Anyway, I'm expecting an Emerald Graflex on Friday.  I'll try and post a review soon after.  

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:23:23 AM »

Hey all,
Has anyone had success, or do you know if the Emerald Drivers work on Parallels for Mac?  The windows software Mac uses...i know it doesn't work for mac, but i haven't seen if it works with parallels.  Thanks!  PW.
BTW, I got my first saber in a grab bag.  Was an Initiate, V3.  I figured I had a 99.5 chance of getting that one.  I did!  Anyway, I'm expecting an Emerald Graflex on Friday.  I'll try and post a review soon after.  

I'm not sure but theroy wise you might be able to if you ran windows in parrallels or as a virtual pc

and Initiates don't make appearances as grab bags as Emory explained that they didn't want people upset due to their value being so close to what grab bags are though their big brother the Aeon/Dominix are quite common grab bags so I'm suspecting you got an Aeon V3

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:26:49 AM »

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the v2 sabers will fit an Obsidian or Emerald setup..??

*edit* nevermind.. I mis-read something, I think.. derp..

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

papawhiskey
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 03:00:22 AM »

Choco,
Thanks!  I stand corrected.  I had to count the gold rings on it. haha.  Yes...It is an Aeon v3!  Sorry, still getting used to all the names of the sabers.  Thanks for the help!

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »

Choco,
Thanks!  I stand corrected.  I had to count the gold rings on it. haha.  Yes...It is an Aeon v3!  Sorry, still getting used to all the names of the sabers.  Thanks for the help!

not a problem I've seen afew people easily mistake the aeons and dominix for initiates. As for your above question I unfortunately don't have a recent Mac to be able to help you with. if push comes to shove you could pick up a cheapo netbook or labtop with like XP on it which should work if you can't find a way to get it to work on your mac

I've got a little 8 inch windows 8 tablet that I use when I'm out and about and it works great for my Emerald saber to be able to change up colors on the go

Sabers I own

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »

Parallels with a legal Windows copy should work with the Obsidian Launcher. It's only important that you use either Win XP, Vista, 7 or 8.1 with it. It doesn't matter if Windows runs on a virtual or a "real" PC.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »

Parallels with a legal Windows copy should work with the Obsidian Launcher. It's only important that you use either Win XP, Vista, 7 or 8.1 with it. It doesn't matter if Windows runs on a virtual or a "real" PC.

it "Should" which is the whole point of Parallels and virtual pc to have a way to use the windows programs though I've seen a few threads reporting that they couldn't get it to work. Again I don't have a recent mac to test it out but I do agree I don't see why it wouldn't work
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:13:09 PM by Choco » Logged

Sabers I own

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: