Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: need help cant connect either saber  (Read 2101 times)
Keez
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 02, 2014, 01:31:45 AM »

downloaded the newest version and when I plug in the saber the computer makes a sound but it wont connect!!!! keeps saying device was not found! at wits end! help please!!

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:12:13 AM »

Mine will connect, but it isn't a smooth process..

Here is the dance I have to go thru to get my Laptop (ASUS G75VW w Windows 7) to find the saber successfully:

Plug USB into Computer
Start Obsidian Launcher
Turn On Saber
Plug USB into Saber (computer says 'beep-bonk')
Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Lightsaber (w yellow triangle ! ) > right click > troubleshoot > apply this fix > (WAIT)
saber should turn off when fix is applied and the Obsidian Launcher connects.

It's a pain, but it works (for me at least) though the wait time can be about 2 mins sometimes..

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Darth Obvious
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:37:33 AM »

If it says "device not found" then just keep trying it. All of mine say the exact same thing at first but eventually they do connect. I just close the program, disconnect the usb cable, reconnect the usb cable, and then open the program again... after doing this several times they always connect, sooner or later.

By the way, which version of Windows do you have? I have Windows 8.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 02:58:45 AM »

Always make sure the blade is ON before plugging it in.

Keez
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »

I have win 8 and I'm about to go try those suggestions. Thanks I'll report back.

Trisha Jinn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Keeper of the Truth

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »

I also had this issue after getting a new PC with Windows 8.1.
In another thread (click me) magik0012 thought if "putting an old usb hub in between the saber/cable and PC" would work.
After reading this I tried - and it actually worked for me. Launcher connected immediately after plugging the USB cord into the saber.

Proud owner of a CG Consular... hmm... looks somehow like the one of my fa... - nevermind.
Seconds Saber: Dominix V3 LE in AS - made red.

Keeping the Truth

Lish
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 05:59:24 AM »

I feel your pain   Angry
7 days of me looking through forums and doing what I can, I came across the most simple solution and ONE SHOT the problem!

I can not stress this enough what I am about to state.

Use an older rig! (PC, laptop, I don't care)

I blame anything after the Windows 8/RT era! It will tend to give issues. If you go to an older platform, chances are, you won't be running a USB 3.0, and can avoid that issue as well.

Other than that.
...pie  Cool

Saber on, plug in, let recognize if needed, open launcher, follow normal protocol for font edits and sensory tuning!

Really hope this helps.

Lish
 'of the Broken Order

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: