Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Orbital Saber Arts - Lightsaber combat club in Columbus, OH  (Read 3834 times)
Tanq
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 98

Knight of Hearts

« on: October 04, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »

Orbital Saber Arts Facebook PageHello, we're a TPLA-affiliated group most interested in learning swordplay using the lightsaber as our training tool.

I'm a Knight in the TPLA system and have a background in Japanese and European sword arts. I also instruct in my classical weapons arts on the side. Our group is small and I haven't had time to do much advertising, but we've got a bit more infrastructure now.

I'd like to again extend an invitation to anyone in the central Ohio area to come play with us! We start our study with the basics of Form I: Shii-cho and move on up to the other lightsaber forms. Other weapons styles like saberstaff/pike, dual sabers, shoto, will be explored as well. We do solo drills, partner drills, the TPLA dulon, and once you've got the basics, controlled sparring.

We meet on Fridays from 6-7pm at Feddersen Community Center in the auditorium. There's lots of space for training and sparring. If you're interested or want more information you can reply in this thread or shoot me a PM.

If you want to train with us, you can join our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/531027336971739/

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

PLEASE DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY!

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »

I live in Columbus OH WHY IS THIS THE FIRST I AM HEARING OF THIS!?

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power.
Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are broken.

Tanq
Knight Arbiter

Knight of Hearts

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »

Well we practice on Fridays as above, so come by if you'd like - should have plenty of sabers to go around if you don't have your own.

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 01:32:38 AM »

I'll try and make it. Are you just teaching Sword Styles or like the 7 Saber Forms?

Tanq
Knight Arbiter

Knight of Hearts

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 02:48:45 AM »

I'm instructing what I have permission to instruct, so as of now Forms I-IV. In addition to the Chinese weapons-inspired training from Master Nonymous, I have a background in several  classical Japanese weapons arts as well as HEMA, so I pull a lot of supplemental exercises and techniques from those traditions for our use.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 02:57:43 AM »

Awesome to see this take off!  Tanq is a very valued part of TPLA, he definitely knows his stuff.  Anybody who is nearby would get a whole lot out of one of these classes!

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 03:11:48 AM »

I will defiantly try and do my best to make it then

Scottboyer614
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 11:10:11 AM »

Are you guys still active? I was hoping to join and at least one of my daughter was interested too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: