Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Shock Help Needed!  (Read 1609 times)
atxboy512
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 01, 2011, 08:26:15 PM »

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Dark Shock and have had an issue come up with it. I'm pretty sure that it's just the batteries needing to be charged, but since I'm new to the whole custom saber community, I figured that I would ask for you all's help.

When I turn my saber on, the LED(Guardian Blue), it flickers for about one second, then goes out completely. Sound is still going, strong as ever. I'm curious if this issue is because of the LED going out, but I don't think it is since I just received the saber less than a week ago. I'm trying to recharge the batteries, but I'm unaware of how I'm supposed to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read about sliding the speaker out of the hilt and that's how you do it, but I'm unaware as to how I'm supposed to go about doing that without damaging the speaker.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:30:38 PM »

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Dark Shock and have had an issue come up with it. I'm pretty sure that it's just the batteries needing to be charged, but since I'm new to the whole custom saber community, I figured that I would ask for you all's help.

When I turn my saber on, the LED(Guardian Blue), it flickers for about one second, then goes out completely. Sound is still going, strong as ever. I'm curious if this issue is because of the LED going out, but I don't think it is since I just received the saber less than a week ago. I'm trying to recharge the batteries, but I'm unaware of how I'm supposed to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read about sliding the speaker out of the hilt and that's how you do it, but I'm unaware as to how I'm supposed to go about doing that without damaging the speaker.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

This is a pretty common problem. Your batteries are dead and need to be recharged. Unscrew the pommel, and gently tap or shake the hilt until the speaker/battery pack slides out (tapping it against something soft like a couch cushion might help if you're worried about damaging the speaker). Then remove the batteries and recharge!

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

atxboy512
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:02 PM »

This is a pretty common problem. Your batteries are dead and need to be recharged. Unscrew the pommel, and gently tap or shake the hilt until the speaker/battery pack slides out (tapping it against something soft like a couch cushion might help if you're worried about damaging the speaker). Then remove the batteries and recharge!

Thank you so much! I'm going to try that. So I should just remove the pommel, and just tap the saber on a cushion until it slides out? That's a whole lot simpler than I thought it would be.

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

Thank you so much! I'm going to try that. So I should just remove the pommel, and just tap the saber on a cushion until it slides out? That's a whole lot simpler than I thought it would be.

Yep that's all you've gotta do. Hold the saber vertically as you tap it, so that it is sure to slide down. Once you get it out the first time, it seems to come out easier after that.

Liberator - Arctic Blue

atxboy512
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »

Yep that's all you've gotta do. Hold the saber vertically as you tap it, so that it is sure to slide down. Once you get it out the first time, it seems to come out easier after that.

It worked. Thank you. Batteries are currently charging. Should the charger make a humming sound? That just seems a bit odd to me.

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 08:48:16 PM »

It worked. Thank you. Batteries are currently charging. Should the charger make a humming sound? That just seems a bit odd to me.

That's one thing I don't know. I don't have the Li-ION batteries and charger, so maybe someone else will have to answer that question for you.

Liberator - Arctic Blue

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »

All the battery chargers I've ever used have made a humming noise, so I'd say it's normal.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 11:46:40 PM »

yeah mine made a humming sound too

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 08:01:41 AM »

No worries. My charger not only hums, but whistles.. The volume of the whistling decreases as the batteries are charging, and when I can barely hear it I know they're almost fully charged xD

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: