Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Motion speed  (Read 3173 times)
marratuk
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

« on: October 13, 2014, 07:15:30 PM »

Not sure if this has already been covered (too lazy to search), but wanted movement sound to be faster to match fast spins. From: "whoom"....... "whoom"....... "whoom"....... To: "wu, wu, wu, wu, whoom".. Running launcher 3.2.2, and 3.0 soundboard. Got the clash disabled cause I keep hitting my ankle and the clash sound seemed to make it hurt worse. Is it the "motion integration time"? What's that do? I could figure it out eventually. But, again.. Lazy.. That's what forums are for.

Shock GB w/Obsidian

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »

Yes, it's the Motion Integration Time and, more important, Motion Threshold:

Motion Integration Time mainly controls how many fake triggers occur - the higher the setting, the less fake triggers, but also less overall sensitivity.
Motion Threshold controls the sensitivity itself - the lower the setting, the more sensitive the sensors are.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

marratuk
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »

Okay, so set the MIT, and MT to the lowest settings and I will get the most, and fastest repeat movement sounds.. Does the "Minimum Time between Impacts" have anything to do with this? Or is that just for FoC?

Shock GB w/Obsidian

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 05:53:51 PM »

Yeah, that should work.
The "Minimum Time Between Impacts" slider controls the reset time of the impact sensor - the lower you set it, the faster the sensor will recognize a new impact. It has nothing to do with FoC, only with triggering impact sounds.

The only FoC related settings are Lockup Flash Time, Enable Flash-on-Clash Light Effects and Enable Lockup Light Effects.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

marratuk
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 12:07:12 AM »

Makes all kinds of sense now. Thank you very much.

Shock GB w/Obsidian

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 04:15:17 PM »

You're welcome Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

Liden Katarn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 03:55:48 AM »

What are fake triggers? Huh

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 04:45:21 AM »

i look forward to the information you get from this, as i too have struggled with the settings of clash settings

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 07:09:09 PM »

What are fake triggers? Huh
Fake triggers occur when the sensors (clash or motion) send a signal to the sound board, triggerind the appropiate sound although there was no actual incident (clash or motion) that would justify such a behaviour. They often occur when your sensitivity settings are too, well, sensitive Wink

Okay, so set the MIT, and MT to the lowest settings and I will get the most, and fastest repeat movement sounds.. Does the "Minimum Time between Impacts" have anything to do with this? Or is that just for FoC?
Sorry, I misread your post before. Although the MIT also affects sensitivity, its effect isn't as strong as with the MT. So, a low MT gives you higher sensitiivity, but you need to adjust the MIT to reduce the fake triggers. It's kinda trial-and-error until you get the right setting, but simply setting it to the lowest settings available won't give you the desired effect.

Sig by Master Nero

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 01:06:53 AM »

Wow, I am SO grateful to finally read an explanation of this that makes total sense.  Thank you SO much!  Point to you, Nova.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: