Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian soundboard timeout  (Read 1589 times)
Zminator
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

Sith Lord

« on: October 21, 2014, 10:52:05 PM »

Hi again,

I have noticed that after a little while of not being on, probably about 5 minutes, the soundboard "timeouts" or "sleeps".  I push the power button and the boot sounds  load, then i push power again and it turns on.  Is there a setting somewhere that I have obviously overlooked that makes it so that the obsidian soundboard never sleeps or make a longer time of inactivity before it sleeps?

Thanks

boomsticks!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »

No, normally the boot sound only plays when you insert the batteries. Pushing the button should instantly light up your saber with the Power On and Idle sounds. It's probably a loose contact between a battery and the battery pack. Pushing the button (or rather moving the saber simultaneously) establishes a strong connection for some time causing the saber to fire up when you push the button the second time. I never noticed a "timeout" on my sabers or a setting for this. The only time I had a similar problem was when I received my Emerald saber with the AV switch configured as "Always On" - one of the batteries had a bit of tape clamped between itself and the battery pack to prevent heavy battery drain during shipping.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zminator
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

Sith Lord

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:58:03 AM »

Ok, seems to be the case here too. Re-did some wiring and connections and that problem no longer exists. 

Thanks

boomsticks!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:47:51 PM »

Good to hear that you solved the problem Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: