Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from Flyover Country!  (Read 7139 times)
Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »

I know a couple of forumites that use their sabers for such mundane tasks as housework... light one up and use it to sweep objects out from under the bed or couch.  Long reach, you can see what you're moving, and scaring the bejeezus out of the cat is fun!
I know something I can do with it! I’ve been using my window dowel rods and bokken to get Kaitou (my pet dove) off the really tall door frames. Maybe I could add a saber into the mix?

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Kyyanno
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 21

"Do the thing!"

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »

Welcome to the forums!

Where exactly *is* Flyover Country? (you'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on USA terminology, I'm a Brit Tongue  )

Good call on holding off on the Saber until you can afford it, a sensible decision! Who knows though, when you finally have funds it may land right in the middle of another offer or raffle! Smiley

Starting out on the path to the light side......

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Guardian, GB Obsidian
Dark Initiate V3 LE FO Stunt
Initiate V3 LE, CG Obsidian (Combines with DI to make a mixed Phantom staff)
Archon V2.1, SRD Obsidian
Dark Sentinel V4, BR Obsidian
Dark Prophecy AB(?) Stunt

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:43 PM »

Welcome to the forums!

Where exactly *is* Flyover Country? (you'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on USA terminology, I'm a Brit Tongue  )

Flyover Country consists mainly of the Great Plains and Midwest areas in the U.S. Since driving through is considered “long and boring,” people traveling to and from the East and West Coasts “flyover” them. However, this leads to a portion of the population not realizing how big the country really is as states get larger as you go west. Which leads to me yelling at the T.V. “You can’t see that from there!”(Mountains and Denver mushroom cloud – Pilot episode of Jericho (or any episode really).) “Wichita is not in Wichita Co., READ A MAP!” (Pilot episode of NCIS)

Esoh Kal
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is no Emotion, There is Peace

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 04:22:14 AM »

I'm from missouri.,..we don't have any idea what the hell we are...we're part of the midwest, below the mason-dixen making us a part of the south, but latitude wise were right next to illinois so in a way part of the north, and the arch is considered the gateway to the west, making missouri the beginning of the west. the only thing we arn't is eastern. >.> we're a confused lot here in missouri....

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 04:33:50 AM »

I'm from missouri.,..we don't have any idea what the hell we are...we're part of the midwest, below the mason-dixen making us a part of the south, but latitude wise were right next to illinois so in a way part of the north, and the arch is considered the gateway to the west, making missouri the beginning of the west. the only thing we arn't is eastern. >.> we're a confused lot here in missouri....

On the bright side, you have cheaper gas.

Esoh Kal
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

There is no Emotion, There is Peace

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 04:50:03 AM »

For now! lol it's awesome, but prices are rising again...and when you get 12-16mpg it really really hurts lol..

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 03:45:38 AM »

I guess I'm in flyover country too then being from Oklahoma. 
If you want to see a lot of nothing, check OK and Kansas.  I haven't actually been to Kansas but I hear they have even more nothing then we do.  Tongue

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 04:34:30 AM »

I haven't actually been to Kansas but I hear they have even more nothing then we do.  Tongue
Nothing? You need to go to Big Brutus or Hutch or something. At least I've been to Oklahoma several times.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »

Greatest thing about living in Flyover Country (aka Missouri,) you're usually within a 16-20 hour drive from anywhere in the country.

I live in Kansas City, Missouri (well, a suburb, but for the sake of geography...)

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 05:29:12 AM »

Um...  Isn't the reason they made Oklahoma... because Missouri loves company?  Cheesy 

Sorry, I know that was bad... but I couldn't help myself.

Hi  Lady Mineva...  A belated welcome to the forum! Wink

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 09:32:40 PM »

Um...  Isn't the reason they made Oklahoma... because Missouri loves company?  Cheesy 

Sorry, I know that was bad... but I couldn't help myself.

That was bad, but I still got a chuckle out of it.  Tongue

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I'm from Mississippi myself, and yes it's just as crappy as people make it out to be.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:55 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes. It really cheered me up to find you all so welcoming. I need all the cheering up I can get nowadays since grad school is really getting me down lately.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 09:44:26 PM »

This is without a doubt the most odd welcome to the forum thread I've ever seen, haha.  Anyway, welcome to the forum, Minerva.

I am a recent convert to the world of UltraSabers and I ordered up a couple of the more affordably priced hilts to start off with as I couldn't see spending $300 on something and then potentially being disappointed with it.  Buying grab bags is fun as it's a "roll of the dice" and you get a quality saber for the lowest possible "entry-level" price.  Plus, if you want, you can throw down an extra $5.00 and choose your blade color so that you aren't completely surprised.

Needless to say, after receiving my first order I was mucho impressed with the quality of my sabers and two weeks later I threw down for my first saber with sound and a nice $300 credit card bill, haha.  I don't do well with patience.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

SpiritOfSakura
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 06:49:06 AM »

I know I'm rather late to the party, but welcome to the forum!

Hm...as an Iowan myself, I suppose that makes me from Flyover Country as well~
But hey, we have...corn! And beans! And more corn!

"How we doin'?"
"Same as always."
"That bad, huh?"
-----------------------------
Saber Wish List:
Raven in DVA
Dark Shock in ?
Azure/Dark Mantis (?)
Flamberge (?)
Menace SE in GB (?)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print