Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chosen One SE first purchase!  (Read 2640 times)
amorris350
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: October 25, 2014, 06:05:34 AM »

As my first purchase, I went with the Chosen One SE in 2ch emerald (R+A) and sound. Silver illuminated av switch as well. I bought it when the 10% off and the free initiate codes where good to use. My initiate ended up being the Initiate LE V3 which was the exact one I was hoping for! It also came in Violet Amethyst which looks great with the silver and pale-brass lined hilt. The emerald is super fun to mess around with. The only thing Ive found tricky is getting the idle pulse to look the way I want it to. Its one of those things where you just cant tell what looks better! I just ordered a Graflex SE in 4ch emerald (RGBW) with sound. Since the Halloween deals took $30 off of emerald and the free initiate code was still good for over $400, I couldnt help myself Smiley I plan on doing some reviews to hit up those reward points and Ive never done one before. Anyone have any advice they wish they wouldve  learned before jumping into a review?

sabers - Chosen one SE R+A 2ch emerald with sound. Initiate LE V3 Violet Amethyst.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:13:38 PM »

Just have fun with it. =] I was nervous on my first ever saber review years ago. Tongue Kinda jelly you ordered 2 more sabers right after big daddy's himself. Lol.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

amorris350
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »

haha I will remember that! I wanted the two iconic sabers because I grew up as a kid pretending to be Darth Vader, Luke, and Obi-wan all the time. Maybe one day I will get one that wasnt on the movies, just depends on how well I think it would fit the bill. I always wanted the Force FX sabers but when I began researching on youtube, I found that US is wayyyy better and I had the extra money so I went with it. Im so glad I did!!

sabers - Chosen one SE R+A 2ch emerald with sound. Initiate LE V3 Violet Amethyst.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:51 PM »

Congrats on a KILLER first saber!  I want one SO bad but alas Smiley.

As far as a review goes, try to be natural like your talking to your friends. I'm a people person but sound so stiff on camera which is frustrating for me but I'm working on it. Be confident in what you say because we are interested in what YOU think and feel about the Chosen One, this always helps anyone else interested in the same hilt.  Lookin forward to it Wink

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

amorris350
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 12:55:37 AM »

hahaha thanks!! that really helps out a lot! definitely a starting point, which is what I needed!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 04:05:26 AM »

What I had to do when I did my Mantis review was work out a sort of script of what I wanted to say and make sure I didn't leave anything out.  If I just try to wing it, my mind goes blank.  But at least an outline of the points you want to talk about would be good so you don't forget anything. 

That is an awesome first purchase.  The Chosen One is still one of the most high-up sabers on my want list.  Just getting it all tricked out like I want it would be way to expensive right now.
As for the idle pulse, I like making it the same color as the blade just a little bit lighter, and putting it on a really fast setting to make it look like blade flicker. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

amorris350
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 04:27:55 AM »

yeah thats what Ive had mine on a lot. Im still trying to get it to look like that without looking like it is simply blinking. I just need to set the color brightnesses a little bit closer I think. but as for the script thing, I will probably give that a try because I will leave stuff out lol.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »

yeah thats what Ive had mine on a lot. Im still trying to get it to look like that without looking like it is simply blinking. I just need to set the color brightnesses a little bit closer I think. but as for the script thing, I will probably give that a try because I will leave stuff out lol.

If you set all the pulse time settings to .02 it gives it a really nice flicker effect, going way to fast to look like it's simply blinking. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

amorris350
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 02:13:14 AM »

yeah I love the way that looks. My trouble is getting the two shades of red different enough to see the effect yet not too much so it looks like it is blinking. Im gonna do some more playing around with it whenever my professors decide to stop giving out all these papers lol. thanks for the help!!

Dark_Resonance
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:46 PM »

Couldn't have enjoyed this lovely piece of art anymore than I already have! Raven is a kick*** trophy to add to my collection! Wink
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:57:43 PM by Dark_Resonance » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: