Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ok, stupid question...  (Read 2004 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« on: October 31, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »

I should know this... buuuuuuuut,

How long should a pair of Trustfire's take to charge?

I plugged in the charger last night and all the lights were green, so I took the batteries out today (about 30mins ago) to put them in my saber for tonight.  Nothing, nada, zip, zilch... no "Obsidian" voice, no sounds, no lights... so I put them back in the charger and now the lights are solid red.  I need to leave for a Halloween thing shortly and was hoping to have a functional saber in hand.

If all else fails I'll just take the Dom v2, as it's got fresh batteries, but the sound and FoC can really make a statement...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »

Maybe the batteries weren't contacting the charger properly. I wouldn't suspect them to be dead since you said that the lights actually turned red the next time.

As for the charging time, I would say it's around 4-5h if you're using the Universal or 0.2A Recharge Port Charger. The 1.2A Recharge Port Charger would reduce that time dramatically to about 1h. Remember: those are rough times, I haven't measured it so far Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »

Lesson of the day:  For each Li-Ion saber in your collection, always own 6 total batteries.  Two to keep in the saber, two to keep in the charger (switch with the first pair), and 2 as backup because at some point, at least one of them (or 2) is going to fail.

Hope you still had fun on Halloween.  We had 5 Ultrasabers in our trick or treating party and my prophecy was a big hit with the neighborhood kids.  LOTS of compliments and kids wanting to hold/swing it.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »

Rezzing a dead thread again, but it's a good place to ask, as it's still me and it's still battery related.

My adorable 3-year old grand daughter evidently decided to take the batteries out of my charger last night and then she put them back in... backwards.

I was not aware of this until this morning...

Are my batteries now ruined, or will they still work?  As soon as I saw them, I flipped them back around and the lights went from green to red, so I'm guessing they are charging.  They weren't hot or anything else, but they should have been fully charged prior to her flipping them...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »

The PCB should theoretically protect against voltage reversal, so there shouldn't be any damage to the batteries. If you didn't recognize any heat or leakage, then it's highly possible that they still work. Due to the small idle discharge it's normal that the charger "charges" the batteries, but it shouldn't take too long. Several minutes at maximum Smiley So don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:26:29 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: