Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultra edge blade question  (Read 3095 times)
3toedsloth
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 09, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »

Hi,

Bought three sabers a couple of weeks back and I am very impressed with them, and am planning another order very shortly.

However, I do have a question with regards to one blade of one saber.

As you can probably make out (the picture doesn't capture it too well) a pattern has appeared on the saber that winds its way up almost the entire length (but is mostly viable at the bottom). The pattern almost seems too uniform to be something random. I did do some light to medium dueling with this blade (but nothing serious), but the other blade (also an ultra edge) has not had this patterning occur.

Has anyone else seen this? what is the cause?

Thanks.

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:54:56 AM »

Oh wow, I don't know. It's almost like a double helix. How are your batteries? The blade appears dim, at least to me, for an Ultra Saber. Try that first.Smiley The only other reason I can think of - and I am probably way off about this - is that there is some sort of metal thing to aid the LED to disperse light throughout the blade more evenly, and it has gotten a little...jarred. But since you've only done light to medium dueling, I don't think that's the problem. Ultra or Deep will be able to help you. Smiley

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:12:10 AM »

The blade film inside the blade has twisted, this happens sometimes.  The film is flexible and will work itself straight after you duel with it some more.  If it doesn't, we can fix it or tell you how to fix it yourself.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:41:42 AM »

On the bright side, it looks kinda cool.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Hobb
Knight Lance Corporal

I wear my saber on my hip.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:48:13 AM »

Oh, one of my Ultraedge blades was like this when I got it. At first I thought it looked kind of cool, however, the end of the blades does not light as well. I found this out by hold it side by side with another that was not twisted. This is because of the twist, yes?

“Infinite, is the Force. Only do we set the limitations… for ourselves.” —Kerrick Rin

3toedsloth
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 06:18:13 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys.

Oh wow, I don't know. It's almost like a double helix.
Thats what I was thinking of! I knew it looked familiar, but just couldn't find the words to describe it. 

The blade film inside the blade has twisted, this happens sometimes.  The film is flexible and will work itself straight after you duel with it some more.  If it doesn't, we can fix it or tell you how to fix it yourself.

Cool thanks! Ill get my 3yo to fight me more then.

On the bright side, it looks kinda cool.

Yes, it does look quite interesting!

claudio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

bot here

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »

I have the same with my Shock RGB, the  film inside the blade looks a bit loose

Steveko89
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 08:13:05 PM »

Hey guys, I just got an archon v2 that had a similar look when i got it out of the box but it only worsened when I dueled with it. Do you know if any in-house fixes I could try short of buying a new blade. Btw It's an UGHD

Sabers:
Archon v2 - Sunrider's Destiny
Belicose - Guardian Blue (Wife's)
Phantasm Initiate V3 Staff - Consular Green/Guardian Blue

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:32:24 AM »

this same thing happened to me and i read somewhere to give a few good whacks to the arm of your couch, it worked for me. my wife thought i was nuts when she saw me doind this.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 03:48:26 AM »

Hey guys, I just got an archon v2 that had a similar look when i got it out of the box but it only worsened when I dueled with it. Do you know if any in-house fixes I could try short of buying a new blade. Btw It's an UGHD

If your blade came like that out of the box and you can't get it untwisted, email us at info@ultrasabers.com and we'll get you taken care of.  

Pictures of the issue and your order # in the email help speed things along.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: