Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The last jedi? Clearly not.  (Read 12339 times)
Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« on: December 05, 2014, 02:55:58 AM »

So I started this a while ago and found it on one of my thumb drives, so I wrote some more (and wrote myself into it, and Jammo, more will be in the next instalment, if I actually write it.)

Talice Vira Walked silently among the leaves on the forest floor, as the sun rose and beams of light burned through the morning mist the woods around her came to life. Small creatures rooted about amongst the leaves and winged mammals flitted about through the branches above her. Through the force she could feel them, she let the force guide her feet and mask her presence from the creatures. after a few minutes she came to a clearing free of fallen leaves, in the centre was a stump as wide as she is tall and slightly shorter than waist height. Talice unclasped her cloak and folded in neatly on the stump. She could feel the presence of her father waiting.
   "Talice, you are late.", her fathers voice filled her head, "You must be more aware of the passing of time, it is fleeting and you will be old before you know it.". His friendly jest took the edge off of his criticism and made her smile.
   "Father.", she whispered, "I have brought the Holocron, and the pieces you told me to.", she pulled a pouch from her belt and removed a dusty holocron, a datapad fell from the pouch and bleeped to life. a hologram of the local news droid popped up.
   ~In a report from imperial sources it was indicated that they believe that the rogue elements of the underground will be rounded up or dispersed within the next few standard cycles, the reports of a Jedi uprising have been debunked by Imperial Governor Fras Tollar. More news at eleven.~
   "How curious, a Jedi uprising?", Her fathers voice seemed to move as though he was pacing behind her, "That truly is intriguing. . . who do you suppose is the source of the rumors?". Talice looked at the ground before her and thought of the fool Kacine, a boy in her neighbourhood who often bragged about how he was going to become a powerful Jedi and defy the empire. Her father sensed her thoughts. "Only a fool would so openly challenge a foe so large, even if it is only in boast or jest.".
   "He is a fool, and worse, if he brings further scrutiny to the area then I may be discovered,", Talice shuddered, "I have hidden the holocrons you have led me to, but I am not sure whether a storm trooper might find them if he was searching for them.", Talice sighed, "And you've never told me how many you managed to save from the library.". She sensed her fathers mild discomfort.
   "My master and I only managed to save the four.", sadness filled his voice, "It was a hard time then, the clone armies were turning on their Jedi leaders. The temple was attacked by clones lead by one of our own.", and edge developed in his voice, "I fear that you may be the only Jedi in the universe.".
   "I fear that as well, but if there are force sensitive beings there is hope, right?", Talice looked over in the direction she felt her fathers presence, his ghost was an ethereal mist formed in his shape, and he was looking to the sky. "Father?".
   "There is a presence, it is evil and I cannot hide from it.", Her father turned to her, "I have become rooted too deeply here, he will come here soon so we must complete this task quickly.". His voice was forcibly neutral.
   "Who is it?", Talice felt fear creep into her heart and she pushed it away. 'Fear,', she thought, 'the enemy of cool thought and reason.'. she let her hand rest on her fathers lightsaber hilt where it hung from her belt.
   "I cannot tell you who it is, I have not felt this presence before.", he turned to her and nodded toward the holocron, "It is time we do this, time runs short.". Talice nodded and touched lifted the holocron with the force, it opened and Grand Master Yoda appeared above it.
   ~Hmmm, Grand Master Yoda, I am. Assist you, I will.~ Yoda stilled.
   "I am Talice Vira, and my father Histal Viro is present, we seek instruction on the building of a light saber.", her voice sounded clear and bell like in the clearing. Yoda nodded thoughtfully.
   ~Hmm. That information, I have. Yes. But your masters approval, I need.~ Yoda nodded again, Talice looked to her father who stepped closer and bowed.
   "I am Histal Viro, Talice' teacher and master.", His voice filled the clearing, and Talice wondered how a force ghost could speak, "I approve for her to build a lightsaber.".
   ~Hmm. Build a lightsaber you will. Well on your path are you.~, as Yoda finished speaking and visual instructions appeared. Talice emptied her other belt pouch and began constructing her own saber from agricultural tool parts, blaster pieces, and what ever parts she could find in the scrap bins. Talice sat in meditation assembling her saber through the force for the better part of the morning and finished just before she usually took her midday meal, whe she stood and ignited her saber it came to life with a hissing hum. She had used a blue-green crystal that occured naturally in the local caves, she had bought it from a local tourist tchochke merchant and worn it wrapped in wire and hung on a leather cord around her neck, the blade produced was a beautiful turquois color. she felt a rush of pride and she felt like dancing.
   "Very well done Talice. I am proud of you.", her father smiled, "But what is that thing you used for the body of your saber?". Talice looked down at the saber in her hand, the body of which was fashioned from the barrel of a Blastech DC-15s and a piece of a heavy pressure washer nozzle for the emmiter, the power switch was the starter from an old speeder bike. "I once knew a jedi who thought very little of blasters, he called them 'uncivized and clumsy', he would be tickled by your saber.".
   "It is sturdy, and textured for gripping.", Talice turned it in her hand and shrugged, "I just hope that the crystal holds up, its just a local crystal, I think it might be similar to quartz.", she pulled her fathers saber hilt from her belt and moved it to the other side.
   "You must leave, he is coming, take the holocron, and all of the extra parts with you. there can be no sign of you here when he arrives.", Histal Viros force ghost stepped onto the stum and sat crosslegged before fading away, "You must leave the planet, it is no longer safe for you here.". Her fathers voice filled her head as she gathered everything she had brought and left. as she walked she shifted the sabers from her sides to behind her and allowed the force to mask her presence again.

"Jedi! Come on out, I can sense you!", The man in black stepped over to where the stump stood in the clearing, he could sense the jedi and the power he felt made him nervous, but he had brought a half dozen troopers with him so he felt safe.
   "Turn around child.", The voice that seemed to echo all around the clearing was at once gentle and powerful, but his calling the inquisitor a child made him angry, "I am here as you thought, but not in a way you could understand.". The inquisitor spun and saw the force ghost and blinked, his saber was gripped firmly in his right hand.
   "What?", he spluttered, "You're a ghost? How?". he put his saber back on his belt, "Who are you?".
   "I am Histal Viro, I died here during the clone wars, my apprentice was captured by the separatists and tortured to death because I failed to protect him, that tree grew where he was buried.", Histal sighed and stepped forward and around the inquisitor, "I foolishly gave myself up to the force as I died, and now I am here alone. Looking over the stump that was once the marker of my padawans final resting place.". Histal sat on the stump.
   "Fascinating.", the incuisitor stroked his chin as if he had a goatee, "And have you any students? Master Viro, certainly a jedi of your power must be interested in passing along his knowledge.". He smiled politely, sort of, as he sat cross legged at Master Histal's feet, like an eager pupil.
   "That would be true, that I would like to pass on my knowledge, that is. But the most force sensitive person on this planet lacks the power to move a seed pod, not to mention that he is about as smart as a blaster bolt.", Histal sighed, "If you are asking me to teach you I would have to be sure you would not use my teachings for dark purposes.". a frown crossed the inquisitors face as he plucked a screw from the ground.
   "What is this?", he said, one of the troopers stepped forward to look at it, "You idiot, It was a rhetorical question. What I meant was to convey that this screw isn't rusty enough to have been here for more than a week at most.", he looked at Histal. "Somebody has been here recently. Who?".
   "He is gone.", Histal sighed, "Off in search of adventure and far away places. I wasn't lieing when I said he isn't very bright.", He rose and paced in front of the stump, "The fool thinks of himself as a powerful Jedi knight, I might as well tell you the truth since tracking him wont be too hard. I know he was bragging about becoming a powerful Jedi and rebelling against the empire, in thinking that I could teach him I was decieving myself, Particularly since I haven't any recources.".
   "I am afraid that your padawan didn't get very far,", the inquisitor smiled evily and pulled a datapad from a belt pouch, he switched it on and a hologram appeared, "he made the mistake of trying to get away on a freighter, even better is that he told the captain his aspirations.". The Inquisitor chuckled, "Its too bad that the little you taught him will go to waste.".
   "The fool.", Histal groaned and buried his face in his hands to hide his relief, "What will be his fate? Will you kill him as the clones killed the Jedi years ago?".
   "Probably.", the inquisitor smiled victoriously and with a smart pivot he left with his troopers following along, Histal faded from view and sought for Talice in the force. He worried about the boy Kacine, his parents would be distraught, even in danger. he could feel fear emenating from the town. He hoped Talice wouldn't do anything foolish.

Talice moved quickly through the streets, making note of the unusually large number of storm trooper patrols, when she arrived at the space port she quickly discovered that there were only a couple of tramp freighters in port, the rest seemed to be military transports, passenger ships, or personal vehicles. She walked from one bay to the next reading the cards and talking to crew members, the first was a fairly new looking Virella Systems cargo freighter crewed by Dugs.
   "Why would we hire a weakling humanoid like you?", the dug sneered at her, "Especially since you are a little girl!". He laughed and walked away toward his ship as Talice moved on to the next ship, an L19 called Kinyen Pride, piloted by a Gran named Ree Sone.
   "I am very sorry, I am not looking for crew members,", Ree sighed, "I just took on several people, but if you can pay to be a passenger I am sure I could fly you anywhere you woulf want to go.". He sighed and apologized again when Talice shook her head, next up was a sparkling new XS-800 called Blue Star that belonged to a minor shipping concern called "Blue Transport Corporation", the captain was a half twi'lek named Jek.
   "I am always happy to help a person in need, but I am afraid I cannot.", Jek grumbled, "I don't owned the Blue Star I just captain her for the BTC, you can aply for a job at the local office though.", he shrugged and held out his hand, "Good luck.". Talice sighed and moved on to the next bay, she almost walked away. sitting in the bay was the worst looking CEC YT-1250 called the Bothans Revenge, a pair of guys in flight suits were standing at the bottom of the ramp arguing quietly.
   "We can't leave, Sir, not only have we not met any of the pub owners to sell wares, but our friend isn't here yet.", the fat one gestured toward the ship, "We need the money!". the skinnier one sighed and pointed towrd the farther end of the spaceport.
   "And that is an Imperial vessel, I know that you also. . . ", he turned and looked at Talice who was walking closer, "Can we help you?". The plaque said the ship was owned by a Jammo, and because the other one was calling him sir she assumed that the skinnier one was Jammo, she could feel their nervousness and a feeling she had only felt in the presence of her fathers force ghost.
   "I am Talice Vira, I am looking for a job as a crew member on a freighter, I can do most jobs but I don't have a masters license.", Talice licked her lips, "I won't need much pay.", The two men looked at each other, then back at Talice.
   "You seem in a hurry to leave the planet.", Jammo finished his sentence then swallowed hard and turned toward the ship suddenly, the other one looked at the ground, "Mind sharing why?". He was fingering a DL-44 with a worn grips and had a hand near a pouch at the small of his back.
   "Too many imperials, can we leave it at that?", She looked at the heavier one who had suddenly started stretching. "What are you doing?", Talice began to feel a little worried, she could feel the level of fear rising around her, but the men before her became more and more peaceful.
   "Captain,", the shorter one said, "She means no harm, we might as well help her and get out of here. You were right.". The captain nodded and touched his wrist comm.
   "Warm her up, we are getting out of here.", the YT rumbled to life over their heads as a half dozen troopers ran into the bay, three of them fell to bolts from the captains DL-44, the other three dove for cover. "We have company.".
   The other one pushed Talice towards the ramp and caught a DC-15 that was thrown down the ramp by a monkey lizard, He froze and spun as a figure clad in black robes walked into the bay and ignited a white bladed lightsaber. "Go, Cap and I will deal with this.", he dropped the blaster and pulled a lightsaber hilt from in his flight suit, the Captain pulled a saber from the pouch behind his back, Talice was momentarily stunned. the blades came to life simultaneously.
   Blaster bolts from the troopers arced toward them and were skillfully sent back to their owners by the short ones orange blade as the captain saluted the Imperial agent as a duellist with his deep blue blade. Talice sighed and pulled her saber from the small of her back and lit its turquoise blade.
   "I can help,", she was a little irritated that they seemed to discount her presence, "I know a little of the martial arts of the Jedi.", the short one nodded, as he watched the agent approach, drawn in be the captains challenge.
   "Do you know any Soresu?", he stepped sideways to the left and forward to  flank the agent, Talice nodded, "Follow me, cover us from the troopers blaster fire.", Talice passed around him and intercepted the troopers while The shorter man nodded to the Captain.
   "You are doomed, we will overwhelm you and destroy you.", the agent hissed, he made a lunging swipe at the Captain who parried it and responded with a feint toward the head that he dropped towards the hip, the agent swept his saber down and dodged sideways into the short ones sphere of attack. The orange blade whipped outward toward the agents midsection, the agent spun to face him and dropped his saber to block the blade, which was quickly withdrawn, the agents blade followed, but the man was no longer there. The short one spun the side and twisted his saber into an upward strike, the agent back-pedalled and retreated into a flimsy guard. the the advance halted as he entered the captains sphere, The agent panicked and tried a wild slash at his head. The Captain deflected the blow upward and with a flick of his wrist swiped the tip of his saber across the agents elbow, severing the tendons in his left arm. In a panic the agent force jumped over the short one toward the bay wall, and on the way he slashed at his head, the short one dodged to the side and clipped the agents right thigh with the very tip of his saber.
   "Come! We are leaving!", the captain thrust out his hand and sent the troopers in the bay door flying backward. The Inquisitor crashed into the top of the wall and tumbled to the ground unconscious as Talice and the short man followed the Captain up the ramp. The ship roared into the sky and Talice stumbled under the sudden increase of Gees. "I am Captain Jammo, my friend here is Frizzen, the fellow flying The Grey Ghost is chuckles. Welcome aboard Talice.".

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »

I'm just gonna tag this here by commenting so I can see future installments.

Qui-Lar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 68

"This weapon is your life!"

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »

Very well written, kept my interest

Catalyst(s) DarkArbiter DarkProphecy(s) ChosenOne
CrimsonMantis DarkLiberatorV3 InitiateV3 ShockLE
Guardian SentinelLEV4 Consular DarkInitiateLEV2
InitiateLEV2 Manticore(s) DominixV4 Flamberge(sss)
Bellicose Archon DominixLEV3(s) Monarch InitiateLEV3
SentinelV4 DominixV2RGB Scorpion(s) Menace(sssss)
DarkApprenticeV4 DarkSentinelLEV4 AeonLEV4V

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 03:13:48 PM »

Commenting for the same reason as Jammo.
Add the whole hawkbat team!

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »

*evil grin*

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:03:49 AM »

Very well written, kept my interest

Thank you!

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 05:40:13 PM »

"Wake up, fool.", The voice in his head seemed to rattle his teeth, "I send you to reassure a local governor and I get reports of a dozen dead troopers and you getting cut up by bunch of Jedi.", he groaned and tried to push himself up, but his arm wouldn't cooperate.
    "Master,", he croaked, "There were three, my lord,", he looked over at the medical droid, then down at his hand, "The two I faced were more than a match for me alone, and the third held off the troopers.". he felt fear wash over him, he was dead, even though the Jedi had spared his life.
    "You have failed me, but still, you were out numbered. . . ", The inquisitor shuddered. "Give me a reason I should spare your life.", the inquisitor racked his brain in a panic.
    "I can find them and kill them, I have a score to settle.", He grinned as a plan came to him, "I only request the assistance of another inquisitor, I will destroy them.", he felt power flood into himself as his anger took hold.
    "Very good, Let your anger give you strength.", the voice was full of dark laughter and malice, "Your help will arrive soon.". Suddenly the inquisitor was left alone with his thoughts. first he would identify the ship, then he would find out what they carried, where they stopped, and who they met. then he would station troopers at each of those places tasked specifically with reporting their presence and keeping them from taking off. Delay them was more likely, they would be thoroughly outclassed the Jedi on the freighter. He and his help would take care of the Jedi. He closed his eyes and let the droid fix his arm and leg. when he woke up there was a female Zabrak sitting at the foot of his bed floating a pebble about the room.
    "You got here fast.", the inquisitor said, he flexed his arm and pulled himself into a sitting position, he marvelled at the odd colour of the Zabraks skin, it was pale red and marked with grey instead of black.
    "I was sent to kill you.", her voice was a quiet hiss that seemed to fill the medbay, "But The Master told me that I have to follow your orders instead.". she looked over her shoulder at him, "I might kill you anyway.".
    The inquisitor noticed a faint burning smell, the four injured troopers had been killed with a lightsaber, a single round hole was in the chest piece of each trooper right over the heart. He had been hoping to get details about the ship from them, all of the others were killed.
    "Well, You took out your frustration I see.", He sighed, then became angry when she shook her head, "Well, then who did?". He was more than a little irritated, especially when she looked at him like he was stupid.
    "No. A trooper without a hand, or with only one hand cannot fight.", She shrugged, "It is better to kill them and put them out of their misery rather than waste resources on keeping them alive.". she seemed oblivious to his frustration.
    "I had hoped to keep them alive so they could relay to me anything they could remember about the ship.",He tried his best to keep his voice level, "Which would be invaluable information if they scrubbed the transponder.". He felt it was probable that they had.
    "Well, we will just have to hope they haven't.", didn't really seem to care, "We have the resources of the empire at our disposal, so it shouldn't matter too terribly much.", she stood up and pulled the pebble back to her hand, "I am called Kreth, and yes I do know that it is typically a male name.".
    "I am Moss,", He replied and stood up, his leg was a little stiff and weak feeling, "We have work to do. Go find out what the name of that ship is, I am pretty sure it was a C. E. C. YT series. Then we are going to find out where it has been.", He hit the door control and walked toward the bridge of the frigate. The captain was standing before the view port watching the sun rise across the horizon of the planet they were orbiting. "Captain."
    "Inquisitor, Sir.", the captain was and older man with more than thirty years in the navy and clearly thought that he and his escort frigate would be of more use elsewhere, "I have data files on each of the ships that were in the spaceport, I have them ordered from thinnest file to the thickest.". He gestured toward a data console against the bridge bulkhead.
    "Thank you captain, we can narrow it down some.", Moss walked over to the console and typed in a command, the list was shortened considerably, "Excluding imperial vessels, and those that aren't C. E. C. made we have three. . . ", he inspected the the names, Bothans Revenge, Blue Star, and Old Yeller. Moss opened the file for Bothans Revenge according to the file it belongs to an independent shipper out of Naboo, the file was thin because it was totalled out and then rebuilt and the file was only marked out for it under that name, Moss went over to the file for the Blue Star and rejected it immediately. He knew it wasn't an XS-800. But Old Yeller caught his eye, the file was empty. "I think we have our friends ship right here, unfortunately the history is empty.".
    "That's not it.", Kreth was looking over Moss's shoulder, "They wouldn't have survived for this long if they were running a cover so thin, I would say its Bothans Revenge.", she thought for a moment, "And I bet that they will ditch it or sell it rather than change the transponder.", she pensively rubbed a scar on her arm. "They are jedi, after all.".
    "A good point.", Moss looked at the file for Bothans Revenge and smiled, "Find all of the cutters an easy hop away, tell them if they get a YT-1250 called Bothans Revenge that we want it.". He stood up and walked over to the Navcomp and punched in some coordinates, "We are going to the last place they went.".

"I thought this was thing was called Bothans Revenge.", Talice was sitting in the cockpit looking warily at chuckles who was stroking a taser, "Although I have been pleasantly surprised with the way this thing has flown.".
    "The squad relies heavily on this ship so it flies better than any other ship around.", Frizzen was leaning back in the copilots seat drinking beer from a bottle, "We need the money to keep our fighters in one piece, more or less.". Jammo chuckled, "Okay, three pieces tops.".
    "Starfighters?", Talice was starting to feel a little worried, "You fly starfighters?", she couldn't see the fat one in the cockpit of a starfighter, "Or is your job, flying the bus?". Jammo laughed and frizzen spat beer, chuckles screeched in mirth, "What?".
    "Frizzen is Hawkbat two and one of our top pilots.", Jammo chuckled, "We take turns flying The Grey Ghost, but yeah, Haze does fly it a lot.", they came out of hyperspace above a dessert planet, "We have a job to do real quick, you can tag along or wait here with chuckles, but fair warning, he is a little taser happy.".
    "Taser happy?", Talice was getting more worried by the minute, "As in he might taser me? for no reason?", Frizzen shrugged and Jammo laughed, "I think I will go with you two.".
    "Sounds like a good idea, this place is a little rough, but if you stick close you wont be messed with.", Jammo smiled, "We are their main source of booze.", Talice gaped.
    "Booze, you are running booze?", Talice groaned, what kind of Jedi runs booze? They didn't look like Jedi, they didn't act like jedi, and they hadn't killed the imperial guy. Everything in her body screamed that she was trapped, "Hey, why didn't you kill that imperial guy?", Frizzen looked at her like she was crazy.
    "We try not to kill if we have a choice, it is not our way, the last resort", Jammo didn't look away from the view port, then he clicked the radio button, "Mos Eisley control, this is Bucket of Bolts, what bay do you have open?".
    "Bucket of bolts? I thought. . . never mind.", Talice thought for a moment, "Do you have a compartment I can meditate in?". Haze scratched his head and looked at the ceiling.
    "There is the bunk room, I'll show you.", Haze stood up and nodded toward the body of the ship, "It locks from the inside, it has been refitted slightly, but there is still two bunks and a couple of seats.", Frizzen handed his beer to Jammo, who took a swig, and lead Talice to the bunk room, when he opened the door there was a man in flowing robes over a flight suit sitting on one of the bunks meditating, "Hey, X, I didn't know you were on board.".
    "Eh? Haze?", he looked about in confusion, "Are we flying? Darn, I didn't even notice.", he chuckled, "Where are we? It feels like the rear end of nowhere.", he looked over at Talice and looked her up and down. "And who is this?".
    "This is Talice, we picked her up a planet back. . . we also kinda ran into an inquisitor type.", Frizzen shrugged and gestured to X, "This is X, sorry, Vixus Prix, he flies with us, and happens to be pretty good at battle meditation.".
    "Hello, X.", Talice nodded to him, "If I may call you that, I've never heard of battle meditation, what is it exactly.". Talice was getting kind of a weird vibe from him, he was making the hairs on her arms stand on end.
    "It is a pleasure to meet you, battle meditation is essentially becoming one with the force in combat and letting it guide your movement,", He gestured to a locker, "there are some training sabers in there if you would like a little instruction.", He removed his heavy robe and carefully folded it before tossing it onto one of the bunks.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

Just a little more.

Packer221
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 05:52:31 PM »

Impressive writing skills

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Thank you.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 04:25:45 PM »

I wonder when Chuckles is going to tase someone?

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 02:38:47 AM »

You will see. . . as soon as I figure out what I did with the file.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 02:28:41 AM »

Nero-posting because I found the file and I want to. . . and I might be a little sithy.

“All of the scrappers a straight jump away have been notified, all are willing to cooperate.”, Moss was in the middle of heavy conditioning in the small hanger bay and rivulets of sweat ran down his body, two hours had passed since the captain had started sending Coms. to scrappers and Moss was feeling the extent of the damage to his body. “Also, sir, agents on the ground have determined that The Bothans Revenge was in the process of delivering cases of alcoholic beverages.”.
   “Wha. . ?”, Moss looked at the Captain in disbelief, “Are they sure? And what kind?”. Moss wiped his face and before the captain could answer Kreth spoke up.
   “Would you like a bottle?”, she leaped from the top of the command shuttle she had been resting a top of, landing on the ball of her left foot and rolling through the landing to pop up a few inches from Moss's face, “How naughty, drinking on the job.”.
   Moss just turned and walked toward the door, “If we know what they were delivering we can find their point of origin.”, he looked back at kreth, “Go planet side and find me a bottle.”.
   “Fine, but I am taking the command shuttle!”, Kreth hissed back. Moss shrugged and stepped through the door.
   “Not a scratch!”.

“What sort of place is this?”, Talice looked skeptically at the low laying cantina building from which laughter and music could be heard. Jammo and Frizzen smiled,
   “An old acquaintance would call it a hive of villainy.”, Frizzen chuckled which caused the multiple accoutrements in his pockets and on his belt to rattle and his bit of beer gut wobble.
   “He would try to work in wretched and scum somehow.”, Jammo replied with a shake of his head, “What do you suppose he would think of us now?”.
   “We are surviving, he would be proud that we have adapted, though he may not have approved of our means.”, Frizzen replied, the levity had left his voice and been replaced with a more somber note.
   “Are you accusing the padawan of Qui Gon Jinn of being stodgy?”, Jammo quietly asked, nudging the thicker man with his elbow.
   “Well, I guess not,”, frizzen pensively replied, “he did rock the boat a bit didn't he.”, a broad smile crossed his face as they reached the door of the building.
   “Who are you talking about?”, Talice was getting a little irritated with feeling so left out of the conversation, “Perhaps I should have risked the beating or tasing.”. Frizzen shrugged and held out a hand to her.
   “Perhaps, now listen. I wasn't kidding about this place, it's actually one of the rougher places we make deliveries. So stick close, keep your hood up, and onlyspeak if I signal you to.”, Frizzen held his hand a little and made a shushing motion as Talice opened her mouth to protest, “I know you can handle yourself, but I would rather not see another demonstration under fire.”, Talice nodded and Frizzen sighed in relief.

there is more coming, I just have a bunch of editing to do before I post it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: