Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian sound device connection error / emerald works perfect  (Read 2266 times)
AndyC
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 10, 2014, 01:26:07 AM »

I have been trying for 4 days now to change the sounds of my saber and it refuses to connect. Every time I plug it I in it says something like "device not found", I've tried to run it as an administrator with no luck. I've read and tried the troubleshooting on the help page of the driver itself still no luck. The emerald driver recognizes the saber and it works flawlessly and with no issues at all, it's just the driver can't recognize my soundboard. I have the obsidian soundboard 3.0 with the 3.2.2 driver. I just got this saber last week and downloaded the obsidian launcher last week so everything is up to date. I'm using it on my dell laptop with windows 8.1 on it. Is windows 8.1 my problem, even though the emerald driver is working? Also I always open the obsidian launcher on my desktop screen and not my windows 8.1 screen with the tiles, only open it on th desktop screen, and I am using a Dell laptop purchased in December 2012 or 2013 I already forget which year.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:11:22 AM by AndyC » Logged

AndyC
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 04:51:53 AM »

Wouldn't let me edit the post again so:

UPDATE- went to my office desktop computer that is about 100 years old and running Windows Vista, downloaded the obsidian onto it and plug my saber into it and I can finally change the sounds and make adjustments to them. I guess either my newer laptop or windows 8.1 is to blame. So I can change my colors on my laptop then have to move to the office and the ancient slow as smoke junk computer to change my sounds.

Darth Ryga
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -28

The Empire is war made manifest

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »

Hey Andy, I believe that you are correct with Windows 8.1 being the issue, but I've been getting my saber to connect, after some finagling. First I'll have my saber on before I plug it in. Then, after I do plugin and open the launcher, and nothing happens. Then, I'll try to manually connect, but it will say "Device was not found." Then, while the launcher is still open, I'll turn my saber off. When I do, I hold the activation button down a second or so, after it turns off. Then turn it on again. Usually after I do this, it takes a few taps of the switch to turn on again. Then, I'll close out the launcher and reopen. When I reopen, it usually says "connection to devise is lost". Then, I unplug the USB cable and plug it back it in. Then I'll go to reconnect manually, and it works. Sometimes, you may have to try this a couple times to get this whole thing to work, but it had been working for me. Once I reopen the launcher, after doing the turn off thing, and if I don't get the lost connection to devise message, I'll restart the process then. I hope that all makes sense and helps

Sabers w/Sound, A/V's, RP's and QD's(Where Applicable):
Reaper,Dark Shock(2),Consular,Manticore,SS Raven,Archon V2.1,Graflex CE,Scorpion,Dark Prophecy V3(2),Dominix LE V3,Chosen One CE,NP Guardian (Emrld),Dominix LE V4,Dark Apprentice V4
Free Promotional Sabers:
Aeon V3,Dark Standard,Aeon V2,Raven,Sentinel V4,Initiate V3,Initiate LE V3

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: