Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Launcher Suddenly Refuses to Start  (Read 3373 times)
Blunderous
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 13, 2014, 01:54:56 AM »

So hey everyone! This is my first post here, how's everyone doing, hehe... but let's cut to the chase!
I've had my Ultrasaber for a while now and have been absolutely loving it, no problems at all until today.
Just now I was messing around with some sound fonts, wrote them onto the saber, played around with it a little and decided it still needed tweaking, but now the Obsidian Launcher just won't start anymore!
I don't know what happened, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it over and over, running as and not as admin, I've restarted and shut down my computer numerous times in the past hour, but no matter what I do, the Obsidian launcher just won't open! The process is shown to be running in task manager, and if I keep clicking it, more processes open but the program itself never starts.
I started having this problem running on Windows 7 with the 3.1.4 release, but upon frantic googling I found a 3.2.2 version was available now. After installing that, nothing changed.

Forgive me if I'm blind to an issue that's been thoroughly covered, but in my search across the forum I couldn't find anything regarding this issue.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  Grin

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:56:17 AM »

Have you tried restarting the computer? I've had that problem with other programs but not launcher yet.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Blunderous
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »

I've managed to figure out a fix for this if anyone else ever gets this problem!

Make sure you can see hidden files and folders, then search your C: drive for "Obsidian" and delete any folders in the AppData tree. Careful not to delete your soundfont folder if you have that named as Obsidian too.

Rigid_Jedi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:53 PM »

Wait, so how do you fix it? I've had this same problem since yesterday!! I need help. Can you give me steps on how to fix this?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: