Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from a newbie  (Read 3095 times)
Hausmarder
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: December 15, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »

Hello !
I'm Thibault, from France (yeah, i know it's far, far away). I practice artistic fencing with medieval and Renaissance weapons since a while now, and i wanted to start doing this with the coolest weapon ever (and maybe make some videos, why not...).
So i'm about to do my first order, but can't decide wich hilt seems the best to me, so i'm thinking to go grab bag and let the Force decide for me, unless you guys have some advise.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »

Welcome Grin !

So i'm about to do my first order, but can't decide wich hilt seems the best to me, so i'm thinking to go grab bag and let the Force decide for me, unless you guys have some advise.

Well, that's one of the most difficult questions you could start with Wink  I'd recommend searching the 'Discussion' section; this thread here is quite useful:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22314.0
I'd also say, look up some reviews for the sabers you like; there are tons of information (and pictures Wink ) to be found.

Just keep in mind (as you live in Europe, too) that shipping, customs fee and taxes are not to be dismissed; therefore I would recommend getting your 'most desired' saber (instead of a grab bag).

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Hausmarder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:28:09 PM »

Thanks for the link !

Just keep in mind (as you live in Europe, too) that shipping, customs fee and taxes are not to be dismissed; therefore I would recommend getting your 'most desired' saber (instead of a grab bag).
Yeah, you made a point. I will read the reviews before making any order.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

I've handled a lot of the 'sabres made by US, and my general approach is to recommend the Aeon/Dominix or Sentinel lines for newcomers. They're great handling 'sabres (I've yet to handle a v4 Aeon/Dominix, but plenty of others have) and not too expensive for your first purchase. The Prophecy line is a little more expensive, but one of the nicest handling of all the hilts Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Hausmarder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »

So, after reading countless topics, i finally ordered an Initiate LE V4 in CG, with uehg 32" blade. I don't really know why, but i prefer the initiate V4 over the Aeon V4. I also ordered a BR Grab Bag, cause i really like the idea of a random hilt. Can't wait to train with them ! Tongue

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 07:37:28 PM »

Congratulations on your first Ultrasaber. 

I'm with you, only on the Dominix side.  I liked the look of the Dark Initiate better then the Dominix.  Anyway, I can tell it's a great saber.  Very light, comfortable and easy to wield.  You won't be disappointed. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

jsudderth
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 28

Light side points, please and thank you!

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »

Welcome and congratulations on your first saber!!!

Wants:
Chosen One CE:Blazing Red
Graflex CE:Arctic Blue
Guardian:Guardian Blue
Consular:Consular Green
Dark Monarch:Dark Violet Amethyst
Monarch:Sunrider's Destiny
Archon:Emerald Green
Dark Prophecy:Bane's Heart
Prophecy:Sunrider's Destiny
Have:
Dark Standard Issue V3:Blazing Red (Grab Bag)
Dark Initiate LE V4 w/Sound:Guardian Blue

DarthBronte
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:17 AM »

Wow, fencing!  That's a cool skill.

Hausmarder
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 07:25:53 AM »

Thanks for your answers ! Can't wait to wield my own saber !

Wow, fencing!  That's a cool skill.

Yeah, it's pretty fun ! I work with one-handed, two-handed and bastard swords, falchions, axes, staffs, spears, daggers, rapiers, sabers and the funkiest weapon ever, the scimitar. But lightsabers were missing ! Grin

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 02:43:22 PM »

Thanks for your answers ! Can't wait to wield my own saber !

Yeah, it's pretty fun ! I work with one-handed, two-handed and bastard swords, falchions, axes, staffs, spears, daggers, rapiers, sabers and the funkiest weapon ever, the scimitar. But lightsabers were missing ! Grin

That's a pretty extensive weapons background you've got going there, sounds like too much fun. Glad to see your lightsabers still get some good use after several years. A thoroughly enjoyed purchase one would have to assume. Now I'm wondering if you ever expanded your collection? Sadly your old photo links are quite dead...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 05:12:54 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 06:57:55 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Ha, I feel slightly responsible for this, you're about 6 years behind the curve on that one brother... but it's never too late, right?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: