Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Kal's Prophecy V3: Ha no Kage (Jacen Solos Lightsaber)  (Read 4684 times)
Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« on: December 19, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »

Alrighty so I'm pretty much done customizing, the only thing i really have left to do is find a cool thumb screw to fit into the hole that doesn't light up because thats where the LED module sits and it will help keep that stable. But here's what I did, and, and why. So first I bought an Archon Pommel because it added the length that was better suited to the low choke grip that Jacen typically uses. It also gives a more complete feel to the lightsaber as it has inspiration taken from Darth Vaders hilt (the shrouded emitter) and from Luke's hilt, which is what the pommel adds. To paint it, I bought all Rustoleum brands, but I got Self Etching Primer, Ultra Flat Black, and Matte Finish Clear Coat. I also bought painters tape with edge lock. In order to get the fluting covered I covered them with painters tape and pressed in with a Q-tip. To cut around them I originally cut with the blade of my Xacto knife pointed down but quickly realized it was scoring the aluminum. I found that if I ran the blade flat against the corners of the fluting it scratched the tape and eventually cut it leaving fairly nice edges, but it was still a good idea to press the edges with my thumb to smooth them out. Then I sprayed 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, and 3 coats of clear coat at 1 hour intervals between coats but 24 hours between each kind of paint (does that make sense?). After the last coat of clear coat I waited 15 minutes then removed the tape because if you don't it's more prone to chipping if you let it fully dry. Then with the original pommel i put on #218 black O-rings from Home Depot. The original pommel helped because the rubber stretches, but it's hard to get on and that made it easier. Then I had the idea to put the color discs into a container that comes with sanding discs for my Dremel. This is really nice because it means I can have everything on hand to change the color of the blade and it also means the I cut the rattling of electronics in the hilt. Lastly I stuffed some gray packing foam I had laying around into the pommel. This further cuts down on rattling and finishes the look since the pommel creates more space in the hilt and has holes cut for sound and covers them. Over all I'm very pleased and can't wait to design my own saber for a friend to machine and try to get Emerald and Obsidian electronics installed in that one.

Owned:
Flamberge- Obsidian, AS
Prophecy V3- AS(Green disc combo)

Wanted:
Guardian- Obsidian, GB

Ceb Yil
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »

Very impressive work on this one!  You really made it stand out!  Lovin' the emitter and pommel, but the black on the body of the hilt really makes it great.  Overall, a very unique saber!  Have yourself a point for awesomeness!

Your generous donations of light side points are used to fund the Force - Sensitive Youth Academy, a non - profit group home for troubled Jedi younglings serving the greater Outer Rim region since 2 ABY.

Ceb Yil
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:22:01 PM »

Do you want that point light or dark?

Your generous donations of light side points are used to fund the Force - Sensitive Youth Academy, a non - profit group home for troubled Jedi younglings serving the greater Outer Rim region since 2 ABY.

Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »

Lol considering it's for Jacen Solo and I'll be wearing my sith contacts... I'm not sure.

Owned:
Flamberge- Obsidian, AS

Wanted:
Guardian- Obsidian, GB

aray887
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -42

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »

Awesome job. Looks really good. Point to you.

If you don't mind a tip. When I did mine I took a pocket knife around the groves on the hilt. It cleaned the edge up really well. And I painted mine the same way as you.

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 05:19:53 AM »

I'm actually planning the same paint job on the same part (which I have not yet acquired), and I read elsewhere on the forum that someone used glue to fill in the grooves, and then peeled it off when all was said and done.

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »

That looks great. I think the prophecies always look better ina dual color instead of solid black or silver.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 08:55:42 PM »

Very nice, good job, it looks fantastic, +1 point.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 06:11:45 PM »

Beautiful modification making it really pop, great job! Point!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 01:18:53 AM »

Hey guys sorry I've been away from the forums. I went back and did a redo of this saber because I thought it was too dark. I'll post a picture of it later. @aray887 I did exactly the same thing, however it didn't come out as nice.

Owned:
Flamberge- Obsidian, AS

Wanted:
Guardian- Obsidian, GB

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 01:12:12 PM »

Well, Welcome back Kai, I love the work you did on this Prophecy, can't wait to see the updated pics. I just got a Prophecy as a grab bag and it is currently being spruced up a bit.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: