Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Staff Question  (Read 816 times)
Jahns
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 19

« on: December 24, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »

I am contemplating purchasing a hilt coupler to make a staff, but I have a question in regards to sound staffs (staves?). As of now, I have one saber with sound and one saber without sound. Is it optimal for both sabers in a staff to have sound? Is there an awkwardly noticeable unevenness of sound if one does and one does not? Additionally, what are y'all's opinions on staves with A: different color blades, and B: different hilts? Furthermore, do y'all think a bellicose-bellicose staff would be too unwieldy? (I would need to purchase a stunt bellicose for that)

Dark Initiate LE v4 (Sound) - Violet Amethyst
Bellicose (Sound) - Pyrestone Orange
Bellicose (Sound) - Dark Violet Amethyst
Scorpion (Sound) - TRI Consular Green
Mystery Box Saber (Sound) - Waiting
Mystery Box Saber (Sound) - Waiting

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »

Yes, it is optimal for both to have sound but it still sounds good if you do not.  It is not awkward to me. 

Different color blades are cool.  I have done red and blue before.

I have coupled an Overlord and a Liberator together for a staff.  Looked and felt just fine. 

Belli to Belli would not be unwieldy if you get 32" blades in your sabers.  My archon battle staff has 32's and does great. 

Here is a photo of it.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »

There will be a noticeable difference if they both have sound but I don't think it will be that awkward. It'll be kinda like when I swing my two obsidian sound equipped sabers at the same time. If only one has sound it will just make the motion sound more synchronized like they are both real one big staff instead go two sabers attached.

As far as the different color blades and mixed handles it kind of depends on personal taste and your character if you have one. I like some that are mixed quite well. I wanted to let my daughter duel wield and have a state when she wants like I do so I got her a second initiate v2. Her first is a dark le in violet amythist and the next is a regular le in sunriders' destiny. Not a big difference but had to keep it to fitting her hands.
 Personally I think the two you have might go cool together like you started simple then as you advanced your saber construction did too then you attached both to star staff wielding.
The bellicose-bellicose would also be cool and I don't think it would be to unwieldy. Its only slightly longer than 2Aeon v4s together. And if it feels too long overall you can always put on shorter blades.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff