Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Second order!  (Read 3361 times)
Rohb
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: December 21, 2014, 07:24:05 AM »

Hello Saberforum members and staff!

I received my first saber yesterday, the Nickel plated Guardian with a Ultraedge Heavygrade blade  and it.. was.. awesome! I did however notice that it was a little unwieldy with just one hand, as the saber is in the larger variety, which I only have myself to blame for since I had seen videos of it on ye olde Youtube. That can, of course, be because I had the heavy grade blade which makes it heavier, and I am just not yet used to handle it properly.
With that being siad, I am already looking for my second purchase and going though the list, but I cannot make up my mind.

I want a saber that it is flashy and cool enough but still small and light enough to be able to do some spinning- and orbit training; I am all about that right now, being a fan of Soresu.
I know the (Dark)Initiate and Dominix/Aeon sabers are good and small, but I was curious if there are any other you guys recommend!

Thank you!

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. What you perceive as the truth might not be the truth to the one standing next to you."

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 08:19:58 AM »

Hi.  Congratulations for your Guardian.  Yes, it's a bigger saber but once you build up some upper torso and especially arm muscle strength, it will feel lighter.  You could try a smaller pommel.   I think that the Prophecy could fit your needs.  It doesn't have the bling of the LE An/Dx lines, but it is very versatile as many members have shared.  Also can be customized for more flash.  Both the light and dark version look good in any blade color, but a red blade tends to look out of place in the silver version.   I would get a 32" MG blade and you should notice a difference with your ability to better handle and control your saber.   Smiley
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:34:25 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Rohb
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 09:18:48 AM »

Hey Dauntless!

Thanks for your suggestions. I will look into the Prophecy hilt as you suggested. Smiley
By the way, if anyone has any other suggestions, please post them as well. I am really interested in hearing your opinions.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:28:47 AM by Rohb » Logged

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. What you perceive as the truth might not be the truth to the one standing next to you."

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 09:39:12 AM »

Hi again.  Appreciate the thanks.  I think that you can take apart the Guardian pommel and just use the dark part.  May lighten the weight and bulkiness.  Hopefully some other members will share their experiences.  Ultimately there are a few sabers that would fit your needs but your height and amount you would be willing to spend will be a consideration.  Also approx. how long of a saber (from top of emitter to bottom of pommel) do you want.  Suggest something that is streamlined with choke grips.  Are you wanting light or dark appreciation points.   Smiley
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:45:37 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Rohb
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 10:37:25 AM »

If you could take apart the pommel and use the dark part only, then you'd have to get a smaller screwer, because the one that came standard was too big. But, it is nothing big. I guess I wasn't used to the weight, but now if feels just right; sorta. Smiley Still, I might look into getting a Prophecy too, like you suggested, because the reviews on Youtube sure give it a lot of cred. I am totally getting one with sound, too. Also, I might be able to get some practice with the Guardian if I go outside because my flat is kinda small, which does not allow for optimal rotation with such a large hilt, hence looking for a smaller one, and the Prophecy looks to be that hilt! Smiley

As for Light or Dark points, I would appreciate Light points, thank you! Smiley
What about yourself? Dark or Light points?

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 10:45:44 PM »

If you have the funds for a more expensive hilt I would suggest first the Shock then the Archon for spinning and practicing.  Both have a little flash, are solid and respectively light and although the Archon is my favorite I'd hand the advantage to the Shock for the more streamlined hilt surface.

If you want to be more conservative with your spending then there are no better choices than the Aeon/Dominix V3 or V4 hilts.  INSANE for comfort with any grip one or two handed, they can be had with sound/emerald and you can get the LE versions if you want to add some custom touches. 

Good luck with your decision!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Qui-Lar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 68

"This weapon is your life!"

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 11:27:29 PM »

The Prophecy was always my go to for
spinning, but now I alternate with my
new V4's, absolutely love them!

Catalyst(s) DarkArbiter DarkProphecy(s) ChosenOne
CrimsonMantis DarkLiberatorV3 InitiateV3 ShockLE
Guardian SentinelLEV4 Consular DarkInitiateLEV2
InitiateLEV2 Manticore(s) DominixV4 Flamberge(sss)
Bellicose Archon DominixLEV3(s) Monarch InitiateLEV3
SentinelV4 DominixV2RGB Scorpion(s) Menace(sssss)
DarkApprenticeV4 DarkSentinelLEV4 AeonLEV4V

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 02:43:41 AM »

I have owned over twenty Ultrasabers and the Prophecy is my favorite hilt, it looks flashy and is very light.  I love it so much I have two of them now!

Here a review of my second one (in Guardian Blue), which also has my first one (in Bane's Heart) in it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF3Io9kbgPM&amp;list=UUTtl0u7wYJpXLNsjODdZTGQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF3Io9kbgPM&amp;list=UUTtl0u7wYJpXLNsjODdZTGQ</a>

Kyyanno
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 21

"Do the thing!"

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 03:02:23 AM »

From a personal reccomendation (I can only tell what I know Tongue ), if you're looking for something that can easily be used one or two handed then you can't go wrong with either an Archon 2.1, Prophecy or the new V4 Sentinels. All three fit in the hand so well and are easy to wield. Just a caveat for the Sentinel (and possibly the other V4's), you'll want a larger pommel if you go for a heavygrade blade, the standard one will only balance the midgrade blades nicely.

Starting out on the path to the light side......

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Guardian, GB Obsidian
Dark Initiate V3 LE FO Stunt
Initiate V3 LE, CG Obsidian (Combines with DI to make a mixed Phantom staff)
Archon V2.1, SRD Obsidian
Dark Sentinel V4, BR Obsidian
Dark Prophecy AB(?) Stunt

Rohb
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 07:03:41 AM »

Thank you so much for all your suggests, guys, you have been so helpful! Cheesy
However, you made my decision-making all the more difficult; so many to choose from! Sad
I have to start somewhere, I guess, so I think I will be going with a Prophecy, since it is slick and beautiful like nothing else! This isn't the last time I will buy from Ultrasabers, so there is that. Wink I have a Black Mantis on my wishlist all decked out with the clawed emitter and all that; so I have buy that too at some point!

As a right-handed person, which side of the saber should the cover tech wheel be on so it does not interfere? Should it be on the right side of the saber, seeing as my dominant hand is on the top, and won't interfere with the left hand?

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »

You want your covertec on the right side of the saber, it would indeed interfere with your left handed grip if you have it on the left side.

jyn-toar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 05:59:23 PM »

Yeah, the Prophecy's a cool one.  The Manticore is a nice one too, and the Shock LE fits "flashy".
You could always get a Reaper and switch the emitter and pommel to make it smaller.
Ooh, the Archon is nice too!
All that said, I don't own any of these, so take my words with a few grains of salt  Tongue

Rohb
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 09:17:58 AM »

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help; it is very appreciated! Cheesy

Prowl, what was it about your first Prophecy hilt that you asked them to change, except for the covertec being on the left side? You never went into it on the video. Smiley

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 12:00:03 AM »

He wanted them to nickel plate it, but they said they wouldn't do it unless he changed his name  to Ultra Magnus 1701 Wink

In all seriousness, you won't go wrong with a Prophecy. They are fantastically light and comfortable hilts. I was holding mine and my Sentinel last night, and I really can't choose between them - for handling, I think those two're at the top of the US line (although my Bellicose is also spot on for me, at least).

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: