Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Multiple/Random Activation and Deactivation Sounds  (Read 3842 times)
jacksonmckay107
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

Try, fail, try harder. Never surrender.

« on: January 03, 2015, 03:23:41 AM »

Hey all;
I have no doubt that this has probably been discussed elsewhere - so feel free to direct me to a link or some such to join a discussion already in progress - but is there a way or is there going to be a way to configure the Obsidian Soundboard to load and cycle through multiple activation and deactivation sounds? Since that started happening around Episode II (lightsabers used to have just one activation sound, but about half-way through AotC, they seemed to sort of just... give up on that). That would be pretty awesome, if you ask me!
Thanks for any and all replies!

I took the road less traveled by... and quickly realized it was less traveled because of the wild boars...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:14:41 PM »

Yes and itd make the saber feel more realistic I think. Though they had that in the OT as well though if you remember. I'd then have to send in my Obsidian for an upgrade probably. Lol

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »

By the look of it, it's only the Motion, Lockup and Impact slots that allow multiple files. Perhaps something for the next generation of Obsidian?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

jacksonmckay107
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

Try, fail, try harder. Never surrender.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »

That's what I was thinking!
I don't remember it in the original trilogy though? Each lightsaber had a distinctive activation sound, but individual sabers didn't change sounds until Episode II... I remember [even when I was a kid I loved foley] how cool I thought that was when they changed it up. Dooku's turns on with one sound in one scene and then another way in the next.
I'm hoping it's available as an option on the next Obsidian board!

I took the road less traveled by... and quickly realized it was less traveled because of the wild boars...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:01:54 AM »

Luke had multiple activation sounds on both his sabers same with Darth Vader actually. Obi-wan only had like 2 I think in the original movies

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: