Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Winter Raffle Entries and Prizes  (Read 24367 times)
Jestr
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

Ronin - Knight - Fool

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 03:23:25 AM »

Fourth Place winner!
I ordered 3 grab bag sabers for gifts.
I got a Dark Prophecy v3 (Violet Amethyst); Liberator v3 (Consular Green); and Dark Standard Issue v3 (Blazing Red)
I won a Dominix LE v3 w/ Sunriders Destiny & heavy blade
They were just delivered today!

Frankensaber w/ Emperor's Hand emitter, Reaper upper body, Butcher grip & consular pommel
Fallen w/ Diamond
Manticore w/Emerald driver & Obsidian V4
Empress - Fire Orange & Obsidian lite
Dark Sentinel LE v4 w/ Emerald driver
Sentinel LE v4 w/ Artic Blue & Obsidian lite
Initiate v4 - Guardian Blue
Aeon v2 - Sunriders Destiny
Dark Prophecy v3 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator v3 - Fire Orange
Liberator v3 - Consular Green

"He'd almost been the man who'd tugged on Darth Vader's cape"
Star Wars: Death Star

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:48 AM »

Here is my video showcasing my entry and prize. enjoy!

http://youtu.be/g_cGBB1-2Ug

Thank you I really enjoyed your video! All three sabers that you showed just look and sound fantastic. Congrats on a unique and awesome prize as well.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »

That Arbiter is AWESOME!!!

I also had the same thoughts you did on not really choosing that hilt, but after seeing your review I changed my mind.  I also won a second prize in the raffle and I should get mine tomorrow.  If you got that beautiful saber I can't wait to see what I got.

Exactly what I wanted to say... And I'm waiting on a second prize too

Excellent review Darth Small... And a double Arbiter would be sensational  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Kaza yuri
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -39

Shikin Haramitu Daikomyo

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »

Hey Darth Small... big congrats on your amazing all silver Arbiter raffle win.  Also for the impressive video.  Good idea using SY for a FoC.  You have great taste in sabers.  So cute how your lovely dog didn't even flinch or look at the sabers when turned on.  Dark side point awarded.   Shocked  Cool

You may have just sold me on the arbiter, i was on the fence and was thinking of just getting the neck piece to add to other sabers, but man that is awesome in motion! Point to you!

Learning how to love is the goal and the purpose of spiritual life
Not learning to develop psychic powers, to bow, do yoga, chant, or even meditate
But learning how to love. Love is the truth. Love is the light
Wish List - Crimson Scorpion, 2 Dark Arbiters with Menace Emitters, Dark Prophecy
Owned - 19 Sabers and counting, to many to list . . .

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »

You may have just sold me on the arbiter, i was on the fence and was thinking of just getting the neck piece to add to other sabers, but man that is awesome in motion! Point to you!

When I was opening the package, like I said in the video, there's really only 2 models I don't like, so I was afraid it was going to be one of those, but when I saw it was an arbiter I was so surprised and happy that it was. It's a saber that I think a lot of people overlook, but now that I have one, I am an advocate for it. It's a fantastic saber and I would definitely recommend it with the 32 inch blade.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »

Good Evening Saberforum,

As we all know many of us are starting to get our Raffle prizes in and have enjoyed the pics and videos from each other as they have been posted.

I was fortunate enough to win a second place prize in this, my first raffle and I finally got mine today.  Only a two day turn around time from Dallas to Savannah, GA.

I ordered a Phantasm V4, regular edition, with windows, in Banes Heart, no sound or anything else. Both had 36" blades which was not what I had wanted, but I will just cut them down to 32" and use the extra pieces for home made blade plugs. (Aeon pictured below)

I got this staff since I felt it would be great to customize and I have a few generic sound cards Id like to try to add to them.  below is a pic of my customization of the second Aeon and a pic of both of them side by side.  I used thin suede wrap on the hilt, o-rings near the emitter, and a piece of e-tape around the upper choke point.

I also ordered another Dark Initiate V2, in blazing red, and a coupler for my son so he could have his staff too.

Here is a pic of both staffs.  With those 36" blades its about 7' plus. will have to cut those down so I can actually use them.

I also got a battery pack replacement and some color disks just to play around with some coloring.

My second place raffle prize was a Manticore (Obsidian sound), non-illuminated switch, Violet Amethyst, with a heavy grade 32" blade. It did not have its usual pommel, but came with a Bellicose pommel.  I absolutely love this saber.  I was amazed how balanced it is with the heavy grade blade.  My wife even loves it.  I had the Manticore listed on my Wish list and I actually just removed it prior to getting the email telling me I won a raffle prize.  The Violet color is awesome.  I have a Guardian with a DVA, the Phantasm with Banes Heart, and now the Manticore with VA.  I have a thing for those purple and pinks. 

I hope you all enjoy the pics.  I will try to get a video up as soon as I can. 

Once again, Thanks to Ultra Sabers for this fantastic addition to my collection. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Kaza yuri
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -39

Shikin Haramitu Daikomyo

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 11:31:50 PM »

My second place raffle prize was a Manticore (Obsidian sound), non-illuminated switch, Violet Amethyst, with a heavy grade 32" blade. It did not have its usual pommel, but came with a Bellicose pommel.  I absolutely love this saber.  I was amazed how balanced it is with the heavy grade blade.  My wife even loves it.  I had the Manticore listed on my Wish list and I actually just removed it prior to getting the email telling me I won a raffle prize.  The Violet color is awesome.  I have a Guardian with a DVA, the Phantasm with Banes Heart, and now the Manticore with VA.  I have a thing for those purple and pinks. 

Man i really like that pommel on there! i have two CE Manticores and really enjoy them. Congrats on the win!

Learning how to love is the goal and the purpose of spiritual life
Not learning to develop psychic powers, to bow, do yoga, chant, or even meditate
But learning how to love. Love is the truth. Love is the light
Wish List - Crimson Scorpion, 2 Dark Arbiters with Menace Emitters, Dark Prophecy
Owned - 19 Sabers and counting, to many to list . . .

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »

Man i really like that pommel on there! i have two CE Manticores and really enjoy them. Congrats on the win!

Thanks Kaza yuri.  I love it.  Maybe ill look at another Manticore and make a staff out of the 2 like B1ondeAnge1.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:11 PM »

That purple manticore is way too awesome.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 12:38:11 AM »

Here’s my entry ‘sabre, a Catalyst.

I ordered this in Blazing Red with Fire Orange flash on clash. It’s kind of a dark side setup for a light side hilt, but then...

...it has a twin.

A twin it can, apparently, exchange body parts with.

As previously documented, I bought my Dark Catalyst in Fire Orange with a Blazing Red flash. With the addition of quick disconnects, the LEDs can be swapped out to create...

...an appropriately light-sided/dark-sided pair, and no-one need have any identity crises when wielding them.

And while I’m not especially a staff wielder, I could hardly not put them together.

It’s interesting that I didn’t care for the Catalyst model at all when I first found US. Even when I bought the Dark Catalyst, it was with the intention of turning it into a Marauder. Had the option existed, I’d have just asked US to keep the emitter and pommel and accepted the saving to go with it.

However, the hilt has grown on me. I still don’t think much of its looks but it’s such a nice hilt to handle and even dual-wielding the pair (my preferred method) feels comfortable. More on that when I do my full review, hopefully this weekend.

As for my prize... Well, remember this?

This is a curved ‘sabre prototype received by Coruptous about eighteen months ago when his order for a Crimson Reaper was accidentally processed by US despite the hilt being out of stock.

I’d been hoping to order a Crimson Reaper at the time, and missed out due to it being out of stock. Given that I’d also been hoping to buy a curved ‘sabre at some point, I couldn’t help but feel a little envious at Coruptous’ fortune.

Fast forward eighteen months...

US apparently didn’t stop tinkering with curved Reapers as they worked out how to put together what would eventually become the Mantis line of hilts, because in addition to the curved Crimson Reaper they also produced at least one...

...curved Azure Reaper.

The evolution of the idea is fairly clear, I think. As on the Mantis, the ‘elbow’ section is coloured to match the main part of the hilt.

I’d thought this was an Azure Mantis when I drew it out of the shipping box, which would have been cool to pair with my silver Mantis, but at the same time it’s very nice to have something unique. To my knowledge, there aren’t any others of these around (although more may show up, of course!).

The ‘sabre is very, very blue – blue hilt, blue AV switch (on a raffle prize, to boot) and blue blade. It doesn’t have flash on clash, which is slightly disconcerting as all my other Obsidian hilts do and I wondered briefly if something had got broken in shipping (the box was damaged, sadly). As a prototype, though, I doubt there was any need to wire it in. Perhaps I’ll look into it as a future project, although if it’s a single-colour LED I may need to replace that as well. Silver with a blue flash, perhaps?

About the only issue I have is that now it’s going to be really difficult to justify buying a black Reaper, which was always my intention to go with my Crimson Reaper. Oh, the hardship... Cheesy

I’ll do detailed reviews of both ‘sabres in due course, but I’m delighted both with my Catalyst and with my prize, so thanks once again to Ultrasabers for running the raffle, and for picking me as one of the winners!

PS: A few people have wondered whether you could use two curved ‘sabres to make a Klingon bat’leth – or Asajj Ventress’ curved staff. Well, you can...

...but maybe invest in an adjustable coupler, eh?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 12:53:14 AM »

That prize is absolutely amazing. I don't think linking them looks quite right but it is kinda cool. Nice to see all you got.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 12:55:56 AM »

Well I'm almost speechless...but not really Grin.  Love how you mixed and matched the Catalyst.  Wouldn't it be great if they could be custom ordered especially like the dark LE with silver pommel and neck and not have to buy two or extra parts.  The curved Azure Reaper just rocks!  I think it would be a bigger seller than the Mantis and of course I want one.  Thanks for showing the staffs as am a big fan of those.  Fine initial review.  Shocked:o

stuartjon
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

Fear is the path to the dark side.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 03:47:58 AM »

Oh guys I got my package today and my first place prize was a Raven and it's amazing, I am going to post pics shortly. But I have a lot of questions! The Raven is an emerald drive so how do I plug that in? What do I need? The hilt is frickin amazing!! And my Mantis I ordered is a work of art, I barely want to touch it!!!

Liberator V3 - Consular Green
Crimson Mantis - Blazing Red
Raven - 2 channel Emerald

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 04:47:46 AM »

Oh guys I got my package today and my first place prize was a Raven and it's amazing, I am going to post pics shortly. But I have a lot of questions! The Raven is an emerald drive so how do I plug that in? What do I need? The hilt is frickin amazing!! And my Mantis I ordered is a work of art, I barely want to touch it!!!

Did you get the US USB cable?  If you did, then in this order, plug the cable into the computer, turn on your saber, plug the cable into the Emerald board USB port, and start the Obsidian Launcher.

I also just received my package today, and what a surprise it was.  My raffle entry was the Archon in Consular Green with the RGBA Emerald driver.  My first prize saber was a Malice in Blazing Red with the 2 channel Emerald driver, Red and Amber.  I'll post pictures tomorrow.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

fetus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 04:55:35 AM »

ok so from what i have read online, the 2 channel emerald driver is supposed to be 2 colors. I thought the first prize was for a two channel but i just dled the obsidian launcher and plugged mine in and it has RGBW, is this a mistake and i just got lucky or what?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: