Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate V4 and Dark Apprentice V4  (Read 4077 times)
firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« on: January 09, 2015, 06:45:49 AM »

I ordered these two to send for my models to use in their show but they got argumentative tonight and wont be getting them so I'll have to come up with another use.

I thought I wouldn't like them much all plain and without the windows but when they arrived I found out how nice they really are. they are very sleek and fit my hands better than I expected. They make excellent one handed sabers but they also make very nice hand and a half hilts. The Dark Apprentice I got in Fire Orange and love the way the black and orange go together. The grooves in it make a nice secure feeling low grip and the choke near the emitter makes a pretty nice smaller grip area for using a just few fingers when spinning.

I got the Initiate in Consular Green. Again I like the look of windows so much I thought this saber without them would not appeal to me. I was wrong about this one too. The best part about this windowless version is that I can move my grip all of the way up using the two narrow areas for my first and third fingers. It is a very solid grip and places the hand right at the balance. An ironic thing is that since my Aeon V4 has windows and I don't grip on windows the grip area I like on the Initiate is only about 1/2 inch shorter than the Aeon.

Both of he sabers have the grooves in them nicely rounded so there is really no hard edge to scrape fingers with. 

My New Ultrasabers by Firehand10k, on Flickr

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:03:49 PM »

Nice sabers. You captured the Fire Orange pretty good

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

kyle the jedi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »

hey does anybody know what coupler is needed to connect two dark apprentices?

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

hey does anybody know what coupler is needed to connect two dark apprentices?

They are MHS-compatible, so any of the couplers (EXCEPT the V2 ones) in Parts-section should work...
http://www.ultrasabers.com/Accessories-s/69.htm

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:42:07 PM »

I used the one I have for my Aeon V4s, the flush mount silver, once to see how these would look together. It wasn't bad.

I changed out the blade retention setscrews with a cap head screws that can tightened by hand without the wrench and got them shipped off to my model. That way she wont need the wrench when switching from the normal initiate blades to the 10 inch ones I made her. Im hoping she gets them later this week or early next but shipping to the Philippines is never easy to predict. I know she's gonna have a blast with them and iI'm thinking I might need to get another set for myself.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff