Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Venomstrike II OOC Discussion  (Read 68745 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1389

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: January 09, 2015, 08:33:18 AM »

Ok guys, lets get this show on the road! I will let Rel continue on with his TOR era good merc scenario since I don't know what his plans were for it, and start this one up. If you are interested in joining GCW in the near future then you will want to play this.

So what is the scenario we will be playing this time round? We get to be bad guys  Cool

That's right, we will be playing a small motley band of pirates in the GCW era! If you can manage this, I'm sure you can handle Qanotha Wink Characters can be any general non Force/ normally lived species (there will be no Force powers and no god like or immortal species). You can choose just how badass your pirate is (whether they are really nasty, or just happen to like stealing things) but remember none of us have superpowers and no one can be an expert at everything. All characters will know each other when we start so there won't be any need to introduce ourselves in character (IC). Our ship can hold a total of 10 crew, with myself as GM and an experienced player who has offered to help that leaves up to 8 places for new players to fill. Experienced players will be welcome to join, however I must ask that you allow new players preference for joining if we become limited for places.

I will put the ship and planet information below for your perusal. If you want to join, please post below saying that you are interested. In the next few days if we have enough interest I will post more information, such as the IC thread and character sheet thread. As always, character sheets MUST be approved by the GM first. All posting in the IC thread must be to character. All IC posts must be headed with your character's name, species, position and location (an example will be posted in the first post).

This game is for training. As a result, expect that you will get feedback from myself and other experienced players who have offered to help out here. If you are doing something wrong then I will let you know. Please don't get grumpy about it, instead use it as an opportunity to improve. I do expect that all players adhere to the general rules and guidelines of the RPs. I also expect that people write clear understandable posts. Please avoid one sentence posts, it is far more enjoyable to read a post that has been well thought out and explores the characters actions, interactions with others and their thoughts. Beyond that the style of writing you choose to use is yours.

NOTE: ALL CHARACTER SHEETS MUST BE SENT TO ME VIA PM AND APPROVED BEFORE THEY CAN BE POSTED IN THE CHARACTER SHEET THREAD

UPDATE: CHARACTER SHEET THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE. PLEASE USE THE PROVIDED TEMPLATE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ship: CEC YT1760 Venomstrike II

This small, old transport ship has seen far better days. Battered and bruised, the Venomstrike II was rather unimaginatively named by a past owner who’s previous ship the Venomstrike was damaged beyond repair when it crashed. It has very little equipment left that is stock. The already powerful engines have been upgraded, military class shields have been fitted, the hull armour has been reinforced. Standard it came with just one small laser cannon, but under the ownership of pirates it has had two quad laser cannons fitted, with more cannons scattered around its hull in places the designers never intended for. Navigation and communication systems have also been upgraded. The small one room crew quarters has been converted to a one bunk room for the captain giving them a degree of privacy, with the three passenger dorms able to accommodate up to 9, giving the small ship a potential crew of 10.

The result is a small, very fast, very manoeuvrable and powerful vessel, capable of coming out of nowhere to strike its intended victims then disappear as quickly as it came. The trade off is that its already limited cargo hold is even more limited due to the extra equipment installed, and it is usually used to attack small transports carrying a small number of high value goods or to aid other ships during larger raids.

The initial planet setting

Florrum
Florrum is a rocky backwater planet in the Florrum system, Sertar sector in the Outer Rim. It has a dry climate, with a surface of deserts, canyons and acidic sulphuric geysers. Once the base of operations for the Weequay pirate group the Ohnaka Gang lead by Hondo Ohnaka during the Clone Wars, in this age of Galactic Civil War between the forces of the Galactic Empire and the growing Rebel Alliance it has once again become the headquarters and refuge for a large group of pirates, the Vullen Coalition. A growing settlement has sprung up, with disreputable traders, cantinas, storage facilities and numerous landing pads and docks for the various small bands of pirates belonging to the Coalition spread out in a disorganised patchwork of buildings around the main headquarters. This settlement is usually referred to simply as “Town”, as it is one of few settlements on the planet and so doesn’t need its own name.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Florrum
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:07:23 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 03:40:44 AM »

I should note, anyone who wants to join the main GCW RP will at this point be required to play in this T and P game, in order to be considered for graduation to the main RPs. All RPs, even these T and P ones, take time and effort to get started, so if you are hanging out for a different scenario then I am afraid I cannot give you a time frame as to when it will happen. This scenario has already been used privately to help a new player and so is set up ready to go, hence why I am using it now- I can get this running as soon as I have a few new players with character sheets that are ready, so that we can get those new players moving up into the main RP Smiley

As I have said before, if you are interested in playing then please post a reply here stating so.

Thanks

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 04:07:34 AM »

Yeah I'm interested! Just filling in the charachter sheet at the mo!

Where shall I post when done?

Many thanks!
Adz.

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 135

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 06:59:26 AM »

You can PM it to Blondie for review.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 07:55:59 AM »

Character Information:

Race: Human
Home Planet: Corellia
Allegiance: None, Crew of the Venomstrike

Name: Flynn Alexander Torve
Physical Description: 6'2"
                                 200lbs,
                                 Ice Blue Eyes,
                                 Black Hair Greying at the temples, usually worn fairly close to shaved
                                 10cm scar on left cheek running at a slight angle

Combat Training: Combat Pilot, Infantry, Sniper
Special Skills: Mechanic, excellent at improvised combat tactics
Weaknesses: tends to drink to excess, pretty women, gambling
Studied Interests: Space Navigation, Starship Engineering

Weapons: Paired DC-17 Blaster Pistols
                 SoroSub X-45 Sniper Rifle
Equipment: Standard portable toolkit
                   Commlink
Special Possessions: A nearly complete set of Phase II Clone Trooper Armor that fits him
                                  A lightsaber that was given to him by a dying Jedi, it never leaves his footlocker

Background History: Born on Corellia, he naturally fell into the typical Corellian life... Starships.  Not content with simply designing and building them, it didn't take long for him to sign on with smugglers headed to the outer rim.  It was during this time in his life that he started honing some skills that came naturally to him and eventually led him to his current lifestyle.  Not a whole lot is known about his family or ties.  There is a large cluster of folks with the same family name on Corellia, but he's never spoken about his relation to them.

He was given a lightsaber by a dying Jedi on Pinoora.  He won't speak of his meeting with the Jedi, or why he was given the lightsaber, but he does seem to be actively seeking someone.

PM all character sheets to me for approval please. Then I can review them and make any recommendations.

I will start a thread for the character sheets with the required layout and the first two characters (Krace's and my own), after which I will lock it. Once I have a few approved characters I will unlock it for characters to be posted, and start a thread for the game itself Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 306

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »

My bad, honestly thought I was sending it as a reply to the PM you had sent me, it wasn't until after I had posted it that I realized I had clicked the link and was on the boards instead...

You may smack me... but please, use a fresh mackerel.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 08:35:11 AM »

My bad, honestly thought I was sending it as a reply to the PM you had sent me, it wasn't until after I had posted it that I realized I had clicked the link and was on the boards instead...

You may smack me... but please, use a fresh mackerel.

..... but can I use a smelly tuna fish instead?

haha, no problems, please PM me your character sheet however so that I have a record of all of them in my PMs, and so that I can remove it from here.

EDIT NOTE: the character sheet thread has been created and can be found at this link http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22728.0
It is locked for the time being. Two characters have been posted up so you can see what we have so far, and what type of information is required. If you need any help with character creation please do not hesitate to PM me Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:09:36 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 306

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »

You should have it, again, sorry... it was early, my brain just hadn't caught up with my typing

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 10:00:14 AM »

that's ok man Smiley that happens, I just don't want everyone posting them here Tongue

to everyone that has sent their character sheets already, thanks! I will read them in the morning as it is very late here and my brain is too tired to process such things properly Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Jahns
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 17

Пожалуйста, легкие боковые точки

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:23:08 AM »

I'm interested. Whee can I find a "character sheet?"

Dominix LE v3 - Arctic Blue
Liberator v3 - Sunrider's Destiny
Dark Liberator v3 (Sound) - Guardian Blue
Dark Initiate LE v4 (Sound) - Violet Amethyst
Bellicose (Sound) - Pyrestone Orange
Bellicose (Sound) - Dark Violet Amethyst
Scorpion (Sound) - TRI Consular Green

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »

To be honest i just tried to use the one above and wrote over it.. See you on the inside!

Adz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 135

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

I'm interested. Whee can I find a "character sheet?"

Please head over to  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22728.0  and read the first post.  That will give you a character sheet and a little info about what kind of character to make.  Please note the two sheets there for some examples of characters.  Also please remember that rare things are RARE (hard to find/crazy expensive) and are usually not allowed.  Lightsabers, lightsaber resistant materials, etc.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 09:51:57 PM »

Also please remember that rare things are RARE (hard to find/crazy expensive) and are usually not allowed.  Lightsabers, lightsaber resistant materials, etc.

I will be enforcing this. People, remember we are a band of pirates. That means we would NOT be stupidly wealthy, we would not have crazy rare or expensive items. In this era lightsabers would be contraband. I would think it highly unlikely that a pirate would have one- and if he did, he would probably be killed for it since a lightsaber could fetch a very high sum on the black market- even back in Jedi days they did but especially now. Lightsaber resistant materials on a pirate would also be highly unlikely and more importantly not necessary in an era where lightsabers and Force users are few and far between.

Also remember, there will be no Force users. No Force Sensitives, no uncanny abilities that in Jedi days would be attributed to a sensitivity to the Force. We are regular Joe Bloggs. This game is designed to help you learn how to RP of saber forum. Characters and their items have to be era relevant in any RP and these things are STRICTLY not allowed in GCW RP, therefore I will not allow them here.

When we do a TOR era RP with Force users, then it will be an entirely different kettle of fish Smiley

________

As to character creation, when you are making yours please take into consideration what positions might be required on a ship of this size, and what we have already filled. We have a Captain with sniper and general fighting skills; an engineer/ technician/ co-pilot with close and medium range combat skills; I have just approved a chef/ comms officer. I also have had submitted a pilot/mechanic with sniper skills and a demolitions expert with some medical training and melee skills. For example we probably don't need another sniper, nor do we need another pilot (knowledge of how to pilot is fine, but it wouldn't be a primary skill). And there is only one Captain Wink

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -133

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 10:14:11 PM »

Just wondering what the count was on this. If there are still open spaces and no one who needs the T&P to qualify for joing the regular RP I'd be interested in creating a character, and should be able to have one done during down times at work tomorrow.

Also as a general question how long do the T&P's usually run?

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -133

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 10:21:02 PM »

Just wondering what the count was on this. If there are still open spaces and no one who needs the T&P to qualify for joining the regular RP I'd be interested in creating a character, and should be able to have one done during down times at work tomorrow.

Also as a general question how long do the T&P's usually run?

Yeah maybe its time to go to bed, I meant to edit the spelling of joining on the previous message but quoted it instead. Well good night RP forum.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: