Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Venomstrike II OOC Discussion  (Read 48589 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 713

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 10:38:52 PM »

Just wondering what the count was on this. If there are still open spaces and no one who needs the T&P to qualify for joing the regular RP I'd be interested in creating a character, and should be able to have one done during down times at work tomorrow.

Also as a general question how long do the T&P's usually run?

Yeah maybe its time to go to bed, I meant to edit the spelling of joining on the previous message but quoted it instead. Well good night RP forum.

Rofl!! Funny! So far we are at 3 submitted characters (1 approved) with another two players working on them. That gives us a count of 5 out of 8 potentially. This T and P mission will be designed to be relatively short- but as to length of time, well that depends on how much people post etc.

We would welcome your experience in this RP but as I said before, I would prefer to have the spots filled by new players. If you want you can create a character and hold it in the wings to see if more join, or you can wait a couple of days. I'm not sure if we will have 3 more players on top of what we have join, so it is likely you will be able to. So long as people can get approvable character sheets to me in time, then I would like to start this game by this weekend at latest.

I would also like to note people, we are in GCW era, not New Republic, not just post Clone Wars. In general it would be timed roughly between episode IV and V- so just after the Death Star blew up. This is the same era that the GCW RP operates in

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore
ON ORDER: electrum wind emerald/ v4 obsidian (new saber at long last!)

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 90

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »

I would chime in and say we would probably keep running this as long as people are interested.  Even if we graduate people from T&P to the regular RP, we could still keep running the story if people are still posting and having fun.  Even if we had 6-8 people initially and 2-3 dropped off, we could still keep running if we wanted to.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 10:58:15 PM »

I would chime in and say we would probably keep running this as long as people are interested.  Even if we graduate people from T&P to the regular RP, we could still keep running the story if people are still posting and having fun.  Even if we had 6-8 people initially and 2-3 dropped off, we could still keep running if we wanted to.

If the RP is successful and there is continued interest in it then we can also pick up new players as others drop out, by having them make port and take on new crew etc.

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »

I am interested in joining. I'm filling out the character sheet now, I will pm it to B1ondeange1 once it if finished.

Rough Knight
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 07:00:39 AM »

I am interested in having a go at this, and will fill out a character sheet and submit it. Probably best at this point however that I let people know I have no RP experience what so ever.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 07:20:34 AM »

I am interested in having a go at this, and will fill out a character sheet and submit it. Probably best at this point however that I let people know I have no RP experience what so ever.

Lack of experience doesn't matter- I only started RPing here on the forum roughly 18 months ago with absolutely NO prior RP experience and I am GM now Wink

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 08:10:20 AM »

UPDATE: The character sheet thread has been unlocked and Molina and Dasweallycool have had their characters approved. Thanks guys for getting them sorted out quickly! A reminder than any unapproved character sheets will be removed immediately from that thread- I will not review said character sheets and give feedback, I will simply delete them.

A huge thanks also to Krace who has been assisting me with reviewing character profile sheets and in general helping to get this RP up and running, it is much appreciated Smiley While Krace isn't a GM he is an experienced RPer who I have worked with on multiple RPs and has offered to help me as an assistant. Please don't disregard what he has to say, he is basically my second in command Wink
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:15:18 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 304

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 08:16:02 AM »

I'm working on my rewrites!

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 90

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »

*****PLEASE NOTE*****

If you haven't read through this whole thread from start to finish, please do so.  While I am not the GM here, I am helping Blondie review and run this thing.

There have been submissions that are a little, a lot, and some totally outside the guidelines.

We WANT to help you help yourself.  So we have provided links and there are also rules here that have been stated, both to help you in crafting what you want to play.  Most of the questions that have been asked, or ones you might ask yourself, already have answers posted.  We know some of of you are totally new to this, which is what makes it so important for you to read all the info we have laid out for you.  If you make an informed character, you may feel less picked on when all we ask is for a couple more details, rather than having to ask you to re-write half or more of your profile.

To review:
Time setting era - Between Episode IV and Episode V
Single pirate ship - YT 1760
A crew that works together 6-10 people
Already have - Captain/sniper, pilot/mechanic, co-pilot/mechanic, chef/comms, medic/demo

Remember that we are pirates, not bounty hunters.  We need skills that are good when we are either on our ship, or when fighting inside another ship.  This is why we are only allowing 1 or 2 snipers, which we already have.  We're not mandalorians, we don't have mando armor, we don't have lightsabers(gifted or stolen), and we don't have lightsaber resistant gear(cortosis, phrik, etc.).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:24:14 AM by Krace » Logged

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 09:53:10 AM »

Ok so far some things have been a point of confusion with EVERYONE. I will clarify here.

Allegiance- pirate. This basically just lets us know what general group your character is associated with. We aren't bounty hunters, we aren't smugglers, we are pirates

Rank- in the GCW this would be your military rank. For this RP please note your role on the ship. Eg mechanic, pilot, chef, demolitions expert, etc

Physical description- this should include not only things like hair eye and skin colour, build and height etc, but also what your character wears (day to day and in battle), any things of note eg scars or tattoos, and any particular personality traits. Are they perpetually frowning and grumpy? Always have an easy going smile? Almost never speak? IE we need to know enough information to know WHAT your character looks like, so we know these things for when we interact with them.

Also please note if you choose a particular race or alien species then as part of both your character profile and your posting, I need to see an understanding of that race or species. You must reflect in your posts how your particular race or species thinks, their cultural ways, believes and values, and traits or peculiarities that belong to that race or species. This is all expected when you post in one of the main RPs and so I expect it here as well. Yes, this is a learning ground for such, but if you cannot prove you can do that here then I'm afraid I cannot graduate you. A good place to start is to look at that race or species' wookieepedia page.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:12:38 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »

There character sheets are awesome! I hope I can do this game justice! In the past my creative writing has been pants, hoping this will enhance my skills!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 09:43:26 AM »

UPDATE: JEStucker has been approved Smiley That leaves 4 people working on their character sheets- Severus, if you want to join in we have one spot left, I think it is probably safe to say that you are free to  Wink we would welcome your expertise.

I won't get much chance to respond to PMs tomorrow (my time) because I have a long shift at work, and Saturday morning I am costuming from very early (as it is I am pretty much in zombie mode catching up with all the reviews at the moment, thank the Force Krace is helping me! Tongue ). If it is urgent, post your question here or PM Krace- for the three who have submitted character sheets and received feedback, Krace is happy for you to PM him as well with your edited profiles. If I get the chance tomorrow night I will post up the first post- the Captain's- to give you a taste of the setting (the IC thread will be locked afterwards). Once I have these remaining character sheets submitted and approved I will unlock that thread and will launch the game Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 08:21:38 AM »

Darth Severus, Rough Knight and Jedi Kai Gon have been approved. I believe this leaves us with just Jahns who's edited profile sheet I am waiting for, and Vixus who hasn't yet PMed me a completed sheet. If I have missed you off the list let me know!

To let you where we are starting off- you will be in a cantina, with the majority of you all around the one group of tables. Yes, most likely drinking. I will shortly be posting the first post so you can get an idea for the setting but the thread will be locked, so no trying to post there please Wink EDIT- RP thread can be found here: Venomstrike II RPG (in character only)

Please note- Star Wars appropriate curses are allowed as required. We are pirates after all, we aren't the pretty and proper high end class of society. However please do not swear constantly and keep post behaviour relatively appropriate.

When it does come time to post, please make sure you start your post with your character name, species and rank, and their location (see my post in the RPG thread). This makes it easier to remember who is who and where you are located, especially if some players are on board a ship in port while others are in a town.

ALSO NOTE- ALL PLAYERS MUST READ AND SIGN THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!
If you haven't signed there, then you CAN NOT post in character and I will be checking!

Since the T and P rules are still very outdated please read and sign the main rules as posted up in the help and support section at this link http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7557.0 While I do still need to go over these and ensure they are up to date they are very much relevant and do apply. Anyone caught breaking the rules, especially those rules about god modding or metagaming, will be reprimanded for it and if they continue to offend they will be banned from the RPs (not that I am saying anyone here would, but I do have to notify you of this). There is one extra rule that I would like to note:

If for some reason you know you are going to be absent for any length of time from the RPs, please post so here or send me a PM as a courtesy thing so we are aware. This means that we know to NPC your character aside for the time being until you can get back on. If you are going to be gone for any long period then you may organise with another player to nominate them to temporarily play your character on your behalf but I must be notified as to who that is beforehand.

If you become inactive, that is if the RP as a whole is still moving along and you do not post for several days, then I will NPC your character as necessary and/ or sideline them without gaining permission first from you. I will only do this if I absolutely think it is necessary in order to keep the game flowing and moving forwards. This is to ensure that the RP is not held up by one player who may or may not return to the game. The reason I have added this is that in the past we have repeatedly had issues where an entire RP has ground to a halt waiting for just one player to respond who might not get on for weeks if not months. This is unfair for the rest of the players, especially if the player you are waiting on is the GM as it leaves you stuck able to do very little. Real life must always come first and this rule is not designed to alienate those who can't get on daily/ every few days or who have some circumstance arise that prevents them from getting online, but I also must consider the RP as a whole.

It is my responsibility to you as GM to get on here regularly, both to post, to answer questions and to follow up any issues that may arise. Usually that means I am on here daily though there are times I may not be able to get on every day. If I have to be gone any length of time I WILL notify you. As my second in charge Krace automatically has my permission to post in my stead if it is needed, and as I remain in daily contact with him he will know if this is necessary.

I would like EVERYONE, including our experienced RPers, to please post a reply here stating they understand the rules and have signed them Smiley

Thank you everyone, and hopefully it won't be much longer until we are in game!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:34:47 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -132

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 08:36:17 AM »

I understand the rules and have signed them.

Looking forward to playing with everyone here.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 08:38:01 AM »

Hi ya,

Just a quick note regarding attendance:

During the week should be fine as I'm at work and can easily check posts and reply accordingly.

During the weekend is a little more difficult as I have two kids and a wife Smiley  

I will however be checking and post where I can, evenings (at the weekend) could be possible due to the time difference, but i can't promise!

Hope this is ok!
Regards,
Adam

p.s. rules have been acknowledged Smiley

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4