Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: converting wav to lsu??  (Read 5841 times)
SpookyKid1134
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -14

« on: January 09, 2015, 10:23:17 PM »

Today i got my very first saber from Ultrasabers. and i fell in love with the Blackstar soundfont long before i got my saber in the mail. I bought the soundfont from Novastar and downloaded it but i noticed the fonts are in wav form... and i know the old download for Obsidian came with a converter but i have a new Obsidian 3 board so i downloaded the Obsidian 3 software... but it does not come with a converter. I then tried to download the old software just to get the converter but when i try to use it "Error 53" pops up. even when i move the converter to the correct folder which is taught via YouTube it still gives me the Error 53....

Anyone know of a way to help me convert the Wav files to lsu so i can add the Blackstar font to my saber??
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:27:40 PM by SpookyKid1134 » Logged

-Qrolyn

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »

Dunno how to convert but go here http://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm and click on the novastar compilation. Darkstar is in there.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

SpookyKid1134
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »

Dunno how to convert but go here http://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm and click on the novastar compilation. Darkstar is in there.

I actually downloaded the Novastar compilation but it kept saying it was an empty folder. Which led me to buying the Blackstar font directly from Novastar for $6

-Qrolyn

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:08:26 PM »

Yeah I meant Black Star. I downloaded it from Ultrasabers a while ago and it was fine. Black Star is the font I keep on my Crimson Scorpion. I just re-downloaded it in a different location and it seems to be fine. It is a zip file so you have to extract the files. Then just open Obsidian Launcher and go to the extracted folder. I extracted in the new location and use the Laucher to test the sounds just now since your post and it again worked.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

SpookyKid1134
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 12:03:09 AM »

Yeah I meant Black Star. I downloaded it from Ultrasabers a while ago and it was fine. Black Star is the font I keep on my Crimson Scorpion. I just re-downloaded it in a different location and it seems to be fine. It is a zip file so you have to extract the files. Then just open Obsidian Launcher and go to the extracted folder. I extracted in the new location and use the Laucher to test the sounds just now since your post and it again worked.

Thats so weird because i just downloaded the Novastarpackage.zip from the ultrasabers website, and when i click to open it it says the folder is Invaild.
Then then i try to extract them anyway it says "The compressed (zipped) folder is empty. Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped) folder"

-Qrolyn

Nim927
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »

Yes, I just tried doing the same thing with the downloads on the link it says the folder is empty or invalid when trying to extract the files.

Clockwork_gears
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 03:59:29 PM »

You can use Audacity to convert the Wav to LSU files and you can also be do a conversion with the Free Any Video Converter
( http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/ ) which I recommend more then Audacity if the files are from SaberFonts.com as they are already set up for the Ultrasaber audio cards.

If you want you can also use Factory Format 2.3+ ( http://www.pcfreetime.com/ ) it has a free and a costly version, the free version only converts 1min so your good.

If you have to or have a Linux or Mac - try dBpowerAMP Music Converter ( https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm ) but I do not recommend it honestly as it costs money and has many bugs with batch conversion.

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »

I have the same issue and Spooky and Nim, both the novastar and default folders appear to download as damaged zips, and cannot be read. If i explore the zipped folder, the lsu files are in there, but when i extract i only get an empty folder. All the other downloads on the fonts page work fine, so i've yet to figure out why.

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 06:43:43 AM »

Try right click>save file as instead because I just had this problem as well by just clicking on the link

Owned:
Flamberge- Obsidian, AS
Prophecy V3- AS(Green disc combo)

Wanted:
Guardian- Obsidian, GB

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 12:20:37 PM »

No luck unfortunately, i've tried right clicking and i've tried downloading to desktop as well as to downloads, still getting the same issue.

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: