Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How about this for a movie plot?  (Read 726 times)
Casper96
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 16, 2015, 01:11:56 PM »

Hey so I've noticed a couple of others posting ideas for their own screenplays and though I'd contribute mine (hope you don't mind).

I really like the idea of a film which follows 4 characters seperately: an old, widowed man, a retired popstar, a paraplegic man and a homeless man with a deformed face. Luckily for these characters a new drug has come out, called the Judas Kiss pill, which is to be taken before one goes to bed and allows to to carry on the dream you were having last night: in effect, allowing you to live a double life.

The paraplegic man makes the most of his legs by taking up extreme sports, the homeless man dreams he is rich, the widowed man imagines he were young and not alone and the retired popstar imagines she is back in her glory days.

For a while everything is paradisial but before long the extreme sportist is in an extreme sports accident, thus rendering him paralysed once more, the homeless man is so not used to having wealth and beauty that he cheats on his wife who throws acid in his face and kicks him out, leaving him homeless again, the widowed man is so pleased to have his wife back that he never lets her leave his sight and gets paranoid that she will leave, she can't take the overbearing and controlling ways so she kills herself, leaving him to grow old alone once again, and the retired popstar sings her old songs and wears her old look but as times change her music is no longer popular and her look no longer cool, so she retires again.

Eventually we learn that this pill actually allows the characters to relive the past, not lead a double life, and in fact they spend so much time in their dream world that what remains of their real life slips away from them. The message of the story is basically to enjoy what you have and not look back with nostalgia all the time (kinda similar to the Mirror or Erised thing).

I also wanted these characters' lives to link together in some way but I've yet to figure out how that would work. I know the paraplegic and the acid-scolded man could meet in a hospital, and the attractive man and the popstar could meet doing a photoshoot as they were both models? It still needs work but please let me know what you think! Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: