Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Down
Author Topic: Venomstrike II RPG (in character only)  (Read 68834 times)
dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #645 on: September 05, 2016, 02:00:08 AM »

:: Adgil Maril, Human, Medic & Demolitions Expert ::
:: Shipyard, Nar Shaddaa ::

Adgil listened intently as Kamac explained about an inpounded hauler with hidden spice.. This mission would be so much simpler with a slicer..

Over the next few days Adgil managed to spend very little on stocking the new med bay. The few instruments which were left behind were in pretty good shape. He had to source a new skin synthesiser aswell as a plasma replicator. The Doctor who fitted his hand was more than helpful in finding replacements.  A few of the crew needed to help Adgil get them on board but he managed to fit them in the room with little further trouble.

He was also impressed by the diagnostic computer in the medbay, it had been upgraded recently and was connected to the rest of the ship which would help when assisting other stations of the ship.

Once the medbay was as fully stocked as Adgil could afford, he set to work on the med bay computer regarding the Lantillian shorthauler of their next mission..

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 455

« Reply #646 on: September 06, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »

:: Rumba Tarut, Twi'Lek Comm Officer/Chef ::
:: YV929, Nar Shaddaa ::

After the group was dismissed, Rumba set out to do some shopping.  He had already made some modifications to the existing communications equipment but was overall not completely satisfied with the setup.  A standard comm system was adequate for a regular freighter captain, but he wasn't going to settle for adequate, and he knew neither would the Captain.  Being heavily involved in supply requisitions for the ship he had many black market contacts with several of them operating out of Nar Shaddaa. 

After acquiring some 'less than legal for a civilian freighter' comm equipment, and a few additional personal items at his own expense, he headed back to the ship depositing a couple of crates of personal items in a corner of the cargo bay and set about unpacking the new comm gear.  The next three of days he spent installing and testing the new equipment and tweaking it to his liking and milling about various cantinas fishing for information.  In what little downtime he had, the Twi'Lek worked on strengthening his surgically repaired leg on his new exercise equipment he had setup in a small corner of the cargo bay.  His leg was mostly healed but he was determined to get back into fighting form and not be a weak link on the upcoming raid.  As far as information gathering went, he wasn't able to find out much about their target ship but more than once the name Moraices came up.  Just getting that name was good enough for him and towards the end of the three days he met up with Kamac and Veega to report in.

"Ah might have some good news.  So tha ship is locked up at a station orbiting Moraices.  Ah jus' might know a guy who works at one o' the security stations.  Coupla years back there was a Twi'Lek freighter pilot, Dok Jetiq, tha' stopped at Florrum a few times.  Long story short, he got into a coupla scrapes and ah saved him from gettin' his brains splattered on tha wall so he owes me.  Last ah heard he was outta the business an' workin' on one of the low level stations there.  He might be able to get us in.  Ain't a very trustworthy sort though, might need ta sweeten the pot a little ta get 'em on our side.  Ah can get in touch with 'em up if you wanna give it a shot."

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1674

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #647 on: September 13, 2016, 09:11:09 AM »

:: Ssurong, Trandoshan, Bounty Hunter ::
:: YV929, Lounge, Nar Shaddaa ::

Ever since the discussion of ship names, Ssurong had Dosha on the mind. For the first time in years, the cold hearted reptilian felt a profound sense of longing for his home-world. Several nights in a row he dreamt of the Thalastra, a name he had taken to since the full word for the legendary place in Trandoshan is more or less a series of hisses and growls.

He lay in his bunk, wondering if his old clan still roamed the sandy wastes of Dosha; trading, and hunting. He decided then, that he would make an effort to return home one day soon, to make one last pilgrimage  to the place of his birth.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1015

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #648 on: September 14, 2016, 07:36:48 AM »

:: Veega Creel, Human Pirate Captain ::
:: V929, Undercity Nar Shaddaa ::

Over the new few days all the crew chipped in, whether it was helping with further modifications or just looking for information. The ship was still un-named, but Creel was somewhat partial to both names and couldn't decide herself. It would go to a vote. In her spare time she had drafted up new articles, to be decided on by the crew before they left for the next mission. At least the ship was now ready for whatever would come, though the woman wasn't so sure they had enough information to go on yet.

Apparently they were not the only ones interested in the impounded spice ship, as the crew had discovered during their enquiries. Thankfully the ship was at a lower security station, but the rumours and interest by other crews could make the ship harder to take. Veega and Kamac were standing in the ship's galley fetching themselves a bite to eat and discussing the ship's current state and modifications when Rumba tracked them down with the best opportunity they'd had so far to get into the station. The captain listened as he spoke, then tapped her fingers on the countertop while she thought on what he'd had to say.

"It be tha best chance we be given so far. I ain't one ta likin' ta put ma life in tha hands of someone I ain't met, but I'll admit I ain't so good at impersonatin' tha Empire or local security, 'less they started hirin' on thugs."

She grinned a little at her words, and looked to Kamac to see what he thought before agreeing to her cook's suggestion.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Rough Knight
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #649 on: September 24, 2016, 06:15:01 PM »

::Tauto Teech, Human, Ships Gunner::
::VY-929, Nar Shaddaa::

Tautos data pad beeped and he activated it to see a message had come through from a contact who had some information on the Moraices impound station. There were some holos of a distant space station and some close ups of another that that the accompanying text proclaimed to be of the same type. Apparently there were half a dozen of the things, locally built in the Feriae system and mostly used for orbital transhipment and cargo transfer. Tauto was glad to see their target was the only one orbiting Moraices with the bulk of them being closer to Junction.

The gunner got up and walked into the lift to share the news with skipper and the rest of the crew. The lift descended to the lower deck and Tauto saw their remaining astromech welding something by the ships ramp. He briefly went over to check the work, which was good and in doing so noticed Ssurong laying on his bunk. The Trandoshan gave Tauto a nod as he passed, Tauto nodded in return.

The Reptile had been quite friendly, at least by Trandoshan standards since Tauto had suggested Thalastra as the new ships name. The gunner had known the term had significance to Tandoshans, he had spent enough time amongst them in prison and on other pirate ships. Tauto had chosen not to mention that it was a Bothan he had served with that had once suggested it to him as a ship name. Apparently Thalastra was a classical term that was present in several cultures, a Quarren sect refered to it as the Sacred sea a concept they had taken from the Selcath. There had also been a temple to a goddess named Thalastra supposedly on Korriban. Finally the Bothan had told him the concept had come to the Transhodans from slaves of their hated enemy the Wookies, although the Trandoshans did not accept this and tended to react violently if it was suggested.

That Bothan had definitely been one of the more educated pirates Tauto had met over the years. Not that his learning had helped him, the Gotal captian of the ship on which they had served on was continually suspicious of the Bothan, probably with good reason, the gunner reflected. In the end the Captain had put the Bothan out of the airlock and marooned two more Bothans and a Bith for good measure. Intelligence and education didn’t necessarily serve well  on a pirate ship if you didn’t know when to shut up.

With that thought Tauto turned for the ships galley from where he could hear the voices of Rumba, Kamac and Creel issuing.

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 131

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #650 on: September 25, 2016, 10:15:25 PM »

:: Kamac Setmah, Rattataki Pirate First Mate ::
:: YV-929, Undercity Shipyard, Nar Shaddaa ::

~With everything finished, Kamac was certainly ready and waiting to take their new ship out for a spin.  He, Veega, and Rumba were in the lounge discussing things for the upcoming heist.  Kamac nodded in agreeance.~

"Aye, in inside man would be helpful, even if we have ta grease his palm a bit."

~He stroked his chin thoughtfully.~

"Though getting inta tha system and being allowed ta dock an' come aboard still will be quite a task, even if it's a lower security section.  Plus we might have ta contend wit some other crews lookin ta score."

~Kamac looked up as Blaktar came strolling into the lounge with a couple boxes in his hands, his expression perking up at seeing the Barabel carrying two packages.~

"Ah Blakta, ya get everythin' that I sent ya fer?"

~The Barabel nodded with a little grin and laid the two boxes on the table in front of Kamac.  He then reached into a pocket and pulled out a data chip and laid it next to the boxes.  Veega and Rumba eyed the boxes curiously.  Kamac opened the first box.  Inside was a starship transponder beacon and a data chip.~

"My fellow pirates here be tha official, and quite legitimate, registration and licensing fer tha freighter Resilience.  Transponder is legit too."

~He then opened the second box, and inside was another transponder and data chip.~

"And here be tha equally official and legit registration and transponder fer tha freighter Thalastra."

~The three of them looked at him curiously, questioning the two registrations.~

"Tha point is these here are both legit an' clean right now.  One of em we'll be usin' most of tha time when we're sailin' about an' also when we're aiming ta misbehave.  Tha other we keep in reserve and maintain it's squeaky clean nature when we're tryin ta fly through a system where we might get some heat or we're tryin ta masquerade as sumthin' we're not.  Ma vote is we run Resilience most of tha time and keep Thalastra as our clean backup."

~Veega gave him a devious grin and clapped him on the shoulder in recognition for his thorough planning.  Then she gestured to the other chip that had been laid on the table.~

"And what be on that there chip?"

~Kamac smiled and picked it up, handing it to her.~

"That be a faked set of transfer orders fer our crew ta come and pick up tha freighter that has tha spice.  We're supposed ta be hauling tha ship away ta be stripped and scrapped.  It ain't perfect, but it should be enough ta get us on the station and allow us access.  Probably only hold up fer a little bit, maybe an hour.  Soon as someone does some deep digging, it'll come up bogus.  However if we have an inside man, it'll definitely help him get us in and he can delay how long it takes them ta find out our orders are fake.  By then we should be long gone."

~He looked up and saw Tauto approaching the group, who had probably heard most of what he'd said.  The other three looked thoughtful, but their expressions seemed positive that this plan just might work.~

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #651 on: October 02, 2016, 10:59:52 AM »

:: YV929, Lounge, Nar Shaddaa ::

Ssurong rolled off his bunk and passed into the lounge where the crew was.

"Two regissstrationsss? Very sssneaky, Bosss." Ssurong said leaning against the doorway with his arms folded.

Ssurong was quite pleased with their decision to keep Thalastra as a reserve name.

"This bucket of boltsss looksss about finished with the repairsss." Pointing to the astromech. "So when are we leaving?" He asked, still incredibly anxious.

Over the course of the last week, Ssurong had made several trips to the Sabacc den in the hopes of finding a game and maybe a fight, but only found the former.

"Because I've been thinking about it, and as much as I'm itching to crack some skullsss, they're going to ssssee right through our papersss the moment they get a look at me." Ssurong paused and looked down at his large sharp claws. "I think it would be bessst  if ssstay on the Ressiliencce until I'm truly needed."

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

« Reply #652 on: October 10, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »

:: The Resilience, Shipyard, Nar Shaddaa ::

Adgil had yet another late night setting up the Med Bay computer and connecting it to the other stations on the ship, the computer was great in itself, just a little stubborn. He staggered to him bunk to get some sleep.

Some hours later he awoke with a start, there was a loud thud on the floor of the quarters. Adgil turned his head to see Ssurrong leaving the room. Adgil checked his Chrono and decided it was time to get up. After a short time in the refresher, he entered the lounge area where a few of the crew were talking.

"I think it would be bessst  if ssstay on the Ressiliencce until I'm truly needed."

"Ahh so we have a name now?, a good one at that..very apt.. "

He poured some water and took a seat at the end of the table.

"So whats our next move?"

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Rough Knight
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #653 on: October 13, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »

::Tauto Teech, Human, Ships Gunner::
::VY-929, Resilience, Nar Shaddaa::

Tauto nodded as he walked into the ships lounge and heard that Kamac had organised multiple ship identities and also a fake transfer for scrapping order that may well get them aboard the space station.

Ssurong identified the problem of how would the space station staff react to a Trandoshan coming aboard. What he was saying held true for most of the crew. Between the battle scarred and cybernetic fitted captain, the roguish looking Twi Lek cook, himself with his scars and as yet still visible prison mark, not to mention a Barabel, Trandoshan and Ratataki the crew looked exactly like what they were, pirates. Possibly the only one who may not cause immediate alarm was Adgil. It was a shame they no longer had Veasal, Flynn, Kai or even Rune as that at least looked potentially respectable.
Indeed Tauto thought the ship could probably use at least four or five more crew particularly a new engineer, a second pilot and a slicer.

Adgil and Ssurong were enquiring about what the crews next move would be so Tauto opened up his data pad and projected a picture of a small space station taken at some distance.
“I managed to get a picture of the target, it looks like it has an A class cargo container docked, here “ he said pointing”, I guess for storage and I think you can just make out the short hauler on the other side, the picture is from a optical scan a freighter ran when they entered the system about a fortnight ago. And this” Tauto continued “is a space station of the same class from a bit closer and we also have a readout on weapons, shields and tractor beams plus an approximate crew size for that one.”

Tauto looked at the others trying to gauge their responces as they looked at the tiny image.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 455

« Reply #654 on: October 14, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »

:: Rumba Tarut, Twi'Lek Comm Officer/Chef
:: Lounge, Resilience, Nar Shaddaa ::

Rumba eyed Blaktar as he entered the lounge with a couple of small boxes, and noticed Kamac's thoughtful countenance change to be more upbeat.  When the first mate mentioned the registration and license for the Resilience, a broad grin crossed the Twi'Lek's face, quite pleased they had decided to go with his suggestion.  Just as he was about to inquire about the second box, Kamac opened it up and showed those assembled the registration for Thalastra.  His smile only got wider as Kamac explained why the two registrations, and what was on the other data chip.  The Twi'Lek laughed out loud and clapped his hands together once for emphasis.  "Ingenious!  But that's why yer the Cap'ns favorite, eh?"  He joked with a wink. 

Rumba thought about Ssurong's words as his expression changed to slightly more thoughtful.  The lizard had a good point about staying aboard the ship.  He glanced at Tauto and could tell the gunner was thinking along the same lines.  Most of them looked like pirates, not quite the type that would be hauling away a freighter for scrap.  Rumba squinted at the image of the space station that Tauto projected from his data pad as he pondered their situation, and then spoke up.

"Least we know what ta expect if things get hairy.  Jetiq weren't much of a fighter, but he knew his way round a ship's systems.  If he can get us in, we should be able ta get out before defense become a problem.  Ah can arrange a chat if ya wanna talk to 'im, and if we need more reputable lookin' crew ah can get some new threads an cover mah tattoos.  Ah can fake bein' respectable when I got to."   

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #655 on: October 23, 2016, 12:53:27 PM »

:: YV-929, Resilience, Nar Shaddaa ::

"Least we know what ta expect if things get hairy.  Jetiq weren't much of a fighter, but he knew his way round a ship's systems.  If he can get us in, we should be able ta get out before defense become a problem.  Ah can arrange a chat if ya wanna talk to 'im, and if we need more reputable lookin' crew ah can get some new threads an cover mah tattoos.  Ah can fake bein' respectable when I got to."

"Sssoundsss like a plan to me." Ssurong said agreeably, brimming with enthusiasm. "I'll sssecure the cargo holdsss, and get ready for departure."

The lizard turned, quickly making his way to the lift tube to reach the upper deck, and the aforementioned cargo holds. Although neither of the holds were particularly full, Ssurong set to work putting away the wide array of tools, and ship parts liying strewn about the rooms from the modifications they had made. Using his tremendous strength, Ssurong shuffled several heavy cargo crates across the room before stacking them tightly together.

Once he had finished there he returned to the lift tube, and back to the crew quarters to prepare his gear in for the job.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1015

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #656 on: October 26, 2016, 01:05:57 AM »

:: Veega Creel, Human Pirate Captain ::
:: Lounge, Resilience, Undercut, Nar Shaddaa ::

The captain had been mightily happy with Kamac’s dual transponders and faked orders, as well as Tauto’s intel. Things were coming together to make the job possible. Her crew made very valid points however, Trandosans and Barabels were not the usual type hired for legitimate scrapping crews working for the Empire and the whole lot of them looked like the battle scarred pirates they were. Those who had suffered most on Florrum were for the most part healed, but she knew her own strength wasn’t fully back up to usual yet and Adgil was still getting used to his new hand. Her current condition was still more than adequate to take a ship however.

“I ain't exactly very good when it comes ta bein’ respectable” she truthfully admitted. “Course I can try, but I be reckonin’ I ain't tha one ta do any talkin’. Blow tha cover ‘fore we git in.” What they needed were more respectable looking crew, Adgil was the only one even passable.

She had a thoughtful look on her face as Ssurong excused himself. “Wha’ we be needin’ is some extra crew, decent lookin’ type.” She looked at Kamac. “Remember Vilo, Dre'ss, an’ Sampsen from back when we served on tha Den of Thieves? Well they be in town at tha moment, met 'em down in Happy Harrie’s bar earlier. They be lookin’ fer work.”

She turned to face the others in general to explain to them. “We served with ‘em years back b’fore meetin’ any yous. They left Vullen’s Coalition years ago, unhappy wit it, been workin’ as freelancers on crews as been needin’. Dunno how much we can trust 'em but... They be human brothers and a damn sight prettier lookin’ than me. Could bring ‘em in jus’ fer the job or keep ‘em, this tub can take more crew.”

She turned and looked at Kamac to see what he thought of the idea.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:39:11 AM by Krace » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

« Reply #657 on: October 26, 2016, 03:47:04 AM »

:: Lounge, The Resilience, Undercut, Nar Shaddaa ::

The crew discussed being respectable, Adgil piped up after the Captain,

"As an Alderaanian of the Security Forces, I regularly attended dignitary parties and would be honored to offer my services in any way possible"

He trilled his "r"'s as he spoke and waved his robotic hand, knocking over the remaining drops of water onto his own lap.

"ahhh Kark it!!..." (in a more common voice) and wiped his legs instinctively..

"you get the idea.."

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 131

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #658 on: November 02, 2016, 11:52:12 AM »

:: Kamac Setmah, Rattataki Pirate First Mate ::
:: Lounge, Resilience, Undercity, Nar Shaddaa ::

~Kamac grinned a little, enjoying that everyone else was pleased about the extra things he'd acquired for the ship.  It had been a right fine bit of work getting the extras that would help make their heist easier.  Now they had a plan and were ready to move on it.  They'd go in under the guise of legitimately hauling the freighter away.  Whether or not they actually got away with the freighter was a mute point.  They just needed to get the spice off of it.  With a clean ship registration, faked orders, and a man inside they should be able to get pretty far without trouble.~

~The crew met with the trio of brothers they would bring on to help that evening and planned things out.  Then the next day they picked up six jumpsuit coveralls that would serve as their "uniforms" to make them look legit when they came aboard.  The boarding party would consist of himself, Rumba, Adgil, and the three brothers.  Once the crew and the new trio were sure they had everything they'd need they got in touch with Rumba's contact to let him know they would be coming to the station. With everything prepared, the crew took off in their new ship to begin their first mission as independent pirates.~

Continued aboard The Resilience RPG

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: