Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound in dominix  (Read 1621 times)
CHEEKEE
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -5

Light Points, (I switched to Light)

« on: August 09, 2011, 08:18:04 PM »

I just got my first saber and was wondering if sound can be put in the dominix at all (BTW i love the saber and now my brothers want one a fantastic job by ultrasabers.)

Thanks

CHEEKEE>>

I am A Jedi Positive Points

SABER ARSENAL:

[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]Dominix V2 W/ orange blade
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__] Aeon V3 W/ Consular Green and Obsidian Sound (on the way)

Music is just like candy, throw away the rappers.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »

im sure you can fit an obsidian into the hilt. you should try to measure it

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »

I'm sure the Dominix can fit a soundboard - you can go Obsidian or econo.  Either you can do it yourself, or wait til Ultra gets his custom work rolling and have him do it.  Only issue with putting sound in it is that it's not designed for sound - it likely won't have the resonance that a saber designed for sound would have.

Regardless, it's always good to get creative, I've seen someone put econo sound in an Initiate hilt so I'm sure it can be done with your Dominix!  Good luck and MTFBWY!

CHEEKEE
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »

OK thank you guys were can i find one of the econo soundboards and i would probably wait for the custom shop cuz i have no idea how o put one in.

CHEEKEE>>

SABER ARSENAL:

[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__] Aeon V3 W/ Consular Green and Obsidian Sound (on the way)

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:19:14 PM »

OK thank you guys were can i find one of the ecno soundboards
they come in thosee cheap plastic lightsabers sold at walmart or target. you would have to take everything apart to get to the board though

CHEEKEE
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »

how much do the ones  in hasbro fxs cost

CHEEKEE>>

SABER ARSENAL:

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »

how much do the ones  in hasbro fxs cost

Considering you have to buy the saber and take it apart, it costs as much as the saber. So roughly $120.00. At that point, you're better off just getting an Obsidian. It's the same price and you don't risk destroying an FX.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »

Considering you have to buy the saber and take it apart, it costs as much as the saber. So roughly $120.00. At that point, you're better off just getting an Obsidian. It's the same price and you don't risk destroying an FX.
i agree, and the sound quality is so much better and you can customize your sounds for a better fit for your saber

LINK
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this !

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »

I can say from experience that, the obi  econo board from wal-mart for $20 is pretty good.  I did a US DIY  Dark Initiate V2  with a P4 Green, TCSS Premium speaker and obi econo board. It came out really nice.   I also used to be called youseekyoda just incase anyone is confused.

The only warning I will put out is.... Be sure of your measurements. I went through 3 boards before I figured out how to properly administer Cram-Fu  !!   lol 

Heres the link to my build

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=773.0                                                                                                       Link

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »

Yes, sound can be put in a Dominix.  The hilt is very long and there's lots of possibilities.

An Obi Wan Eco-board is a great candidate for a Dominix sound install since it is long and thin, much like the saber itself.  It requires a TIP42G PNP power transistor to power the LED as well as a 5v regulator if you plan to run 4 alkalines, so there's a little more to the wiring than other boards.

An Obsidian install in a Dominix is feasible and would require a Li-Ion setup with in-hilt recharge since the battery cavity is the only interior area large enough to fit the board.  The cells would have to sit above the board and so would the recharge port.  That will be a more complex build and if you're not doing it yourself, it will be more expensive as well.

CHEEKEE
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 09:30:58 PM »

Thank you guys. When you get your custom shop up and running i might send you my Dominix in for you to do. I am really new to this and don't think i could do this myself so when you get the shop started it should help tons.

CHEEKEE>>

SABER ARSENAL:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: