Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 94236 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2015, 12:26:20 PM »

@ other DL
Don't worry about taking credit. At this point I would be suprised if Emory rolls hi eyes when he gets an email from me. Shutting down the guards alone however would be an advantage to the proposed concept. The only downside is that you'd only have 2 channels available for the main.

@ Lord C
Wah wah wah electrical jargin wah wah wah. I have a limited understanding of EE.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »

I'm not entirely sure if I follow your concerns/statements correctly but if you are referring to a loss of power due to installing multiple LEDS, my understanding from the review videos is that the Flamberge already has two additional LEDs in the emitter and that (for example) if you dedicate channel 4 to the cross blades then you can control whether of not they turn on when you turn on the saber. again this is from what I've seen on the review videos linked directly from the US site next to the Flamberge's description. by the way if I'm getting a (figurative) 5-channel I'm not going to need to get extra LED's/quick disconnects/FoC etc. which would help with cost but it would still cost a pretty penny

if I am why off on my understanding of your concerns/statements please feel free to correct me.

also @ Groovidad, I completely agree to the concept of a 3-channel drive as well. a point to you good sir! (dark or light?) but I also think a RBGWA (or at least that's what I'm picturing in my head right now) driver would be an amazing option I'd be willing to try at least once. its really hard for me to decide between an 4-channel W or A for my next saber.

Ok - they were talking about splitting channels, but if what you are telling me is that it's already capable of using a single Channel to control both of the crossguards simultaneously- then I guess it's not an issue.

Sorry - I'm not up on all the Flamberge details.  I seem to be in the tiny minority here that has no interest in getting one of those; my US Wishlist is basically "The entire store minus the Flamberge".  Wink

(I probably just guaranteed that if I 'm ever lucky enough to win another Raffle prize - I'll get that.)

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2015, 10:00:37 PM »

Ok - they were talking about splitting channels, but if what you are telling me is that it's already capable of using a single Channel to control both of the crossguards simultaneously- then I guess it's not an issue.

Sorry - I'm not up on all the Flamberge details.  I seem to be in the tiny minority here that has no interest in getting one of those; my US Wishlist is basically "The entire store minus the Flamberge".  Wink

(I probably just guaranteed that if I 'm ever lucky enough to win another Raffle prize - I'll get that.)

Nah, brother, I'm with you!  No Flamberge, Omen or Mantis.  Those 3 do absolutley nothing for me but, much like you, I want ALL of the remaining sabers!  Maybe 2 of each.  To those that like the three aforementioned, more power to you!  Just not my taste.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #258 on: May 29, 2015, 01:16:10 AM »

Nah, brother, I'm with you!  No Flamberge, Omen or Mantis.  Those 3 do absolutley nothing for me but, much like you, I want ALL of the remaining sabers!  Maybe 2 of each.  To those that like the three aforementioned, more power to you!  Just not my taste.

I'm with you on the Mantis and Oman. but I would never use a flamberge "as is" personally. I'm looking at the scythe, halberd (malice emitter) and medieval great sword (pommels instead of cross blades) possibilities.

one saber Sad ... for now. Guardian, GB blade and AB FoC

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #259 on: May 29, 2015, 02:06:10 AM »

It's not high on my purchase list, but I would be ecstatic if I ever won a Mantis in a Raffle.  Why?  I think the Emitter, Claws and Sleeve are fantastic and you can't get them separately.

The Omen I actually kinda like - the actual Handle / Body of that one is really nice and unlike the Flamberge - you CAN remove the Emitter.  I'm thinking the Dark Omen hilt with say . . . the Mantis clawed Emitter (back to that one) would look nice.

Check out this pic another Forum member had posted of their Manticore CE with the Mantis Emitter on it:

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #260 on: May 29, 2015, 03:26:53 AM »

It's not high on my purchase list, but I would be ecstatic if I ever won a Mantis in a Raffle.  Why?  I think the Emitter, Claws and Sleeve are fantastic and you can't get them separately.

The Omen I actually kinda like - the actual Handle / Body of that one is really nice and unlike the Flamberge - you CAN remove the Emitter.  I'm thinking the Dark Omen hilt with say . . . the Mantis clawed Emitter (back to that one) would look nice.

Check out this pic another Forum member had posted of their Manticore CE with the Mantis Emitter on it:

That's WICKED!  Never thought about the modular swap outs!  INDEED!  I too, would not thumb my nose at a raffle prize of a Mantis!  Too cool!  Thanks for sharing.  Point to you for opening my eyes to the possibilities!

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

jfusco
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #261 on: June 02, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »

I posted this in another section regarding the v4 Launcher.

• Include a simple help file that explains what each of the settings (motion threshold, etc.) means and how changes affect it (i.e. bigger values = more sensitive).
   • Load the sounds, or at least file names, for installed sounds (or include an option to do so) to allow replacement of individual sounds within an existing sound font
   • Put wording on the screen to "select the font bank you want to replace/update" or place bank selection at the end with an option to select installation location. The current setup was a little confusing to me.
   • Include an option to clear an existing sound bank (this could
   • Include an option to save the full configuration, including the installed sound fonts and color settings, as a DR (disaster recovery) backup.
   • Give more control in the Emerald driver
      ○ Allow editing of individual element timings (i.e. transition, color 1, etc.)
   • Allow the Test pulse button to loop through the idle pulse until it is turned off or at least set it to 2-3 cycles. It's hard to get a sense of the timing sometimes with just one cycle.
   • Allow the option to enter specific values on the advanced color picker. The sliders can be frustrating when trying to dial in a specific percentage.
   • BUG: The simple color picker does not allow you to edit the values properly. If you select the Red edit box you can't move out of it to edit the blue or green values. Same thing if you select Green. You can't select blue at all.

-- Lentic Arbiter

Prophecy v3 4-ch Emerald, Obsidian v4
Menace CE stunt, Guardian Blue
Dark Apprentice v4 stunt, Consular Green
Dominix LE v4 stunt, Guardian Blue

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »

That's WICKED!  Never thought about the modular swap outs!  INDEED!  I too, would not thumb my nose at a raffle prize of a Mantis!  Too cool!  Thanks for sharing.  Point to you for opening my eyes to the possibilities!

I got my Mantis mainly as a showpiece, but the emitter actually looks great on a lot of different sabers.  One of my favorite combos is the clawless emitter on the Archon with the high profile Manticore pommel. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »

I did this with MHS parts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2015, 05:47:00 AM »

^^^Now I kinda wish the Mantis emitter was sold separately. Probably will be here soon. Wouldn't mind upgrading my Shock some. But how about custom cut completed blades like with the new option of regular saber orders? Just a thought even on the regular clear blades as well

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »

^^^Now I kinda wish the Mantis emitter was sold separately. Probably will be here soon. Wouldn't mind upgrading my Shock some. But how about custom cut completed blades like with the new option of regular saber orders? Just a thought even on the regular clear blades as well

If you ask nice I'm sure E. can hook you up with a method. He agreed to sell me just a Scorp claw and a CE Manticore pommel even though they are not list items.

Sig by For Tyeth

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »

Any chance Ultrasabers could add Sentinel Yellow as a main choice in the drop down menus. i.e. not have to go through hoops of picking another premium colour, then adding 5$ in another section and finally adding in the comments field. This is for all the KOTOR addicts. Given that SY was one of the four primary colours (along with GB, CG and BR) it seems odd that just a "forum colour". It was the signature colour of one of the three Jedi classes!!

Thanks

James

PKKite
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2015, 12:05:11 AM »

You dont have to have a fourm name anymore i belive you can just pick them now unless you mean on sabers that dont usually have SY.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »

I did this with MHS parts.

Darth, very, VERY nice and wicked!  The more I watch what you all do, the more my world is expanded.  In addition, we are not "locked-in" on MHS parts from one exclusive supplier.  I am exploring and researching constantly.  Eventually, as I hone my craft, I will introduce creations worthy of showcasing, much like you have, Master!  Thanks for sharing your mad skills!  Point!

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Dr_R_Eaper
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2015, 08:30:27 AM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before.  When I bought my first sabers I picked up a blade retention wrench, thinking it would be one size for saber.  So when I bought my Chosen One I didn't opt for the blade retention wrench. Oblivously now I have it my hands I can see I need a different size one to remove the blade.  Not much of a problem for me, I managed to find out which size I need to buy, I'll just have to wait a little longer to show it off.

My suggestion is to add a section to the blade retention wrench page when customising a saber saying which size wrench is needed for the different sabers.  Allowing people to see if they would need to add the blade retention wrench to the order or if it's a size they already own.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: