Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 94105 times)
Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2015, 06:55:28 AM »

A new thought on Emerald setups.  From what I read, a LOT of folks like the 2-Channel setups.  I can surely see why.  Was thinking, for those that like the "lighted A/V switch", it can be problematic, as the choices are: 1) dedicated to 1 ch in series; dimming flickering of switch when using that channel color for main blade, 2) Always On; battery drain and/or removing batteries or 3) dedicated to channel; loss of one color channel, in essence. 

Wouldn't a "3-CH" be just the right mix?  If you know you only need 2 colors for your color combos, the 3rd ch can be solely dedicated for the A/V switch.  No more removing batteries, no more "fading or pulsing switch", no loss of a channel you need.  Yet, there are those that don't mind the aforementioned BUT, it gives a LOT more options for setups!  Just my thoughts....I don't really see needing 4-Channel Emerald in most of the sabers I'll acquire but, I do see numerous 2-ch and a "3-CH" is a no-brainer for a 2-ch setup with lighted A/V switch, with its own, dedicated channel, much like the Emerald 4-ch. Any thoughts on this?

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »

Two thoughts on the Emerald driver.

1) Wish it had 5-channels. 4 to run the RGBW/RGBA cluster in all its glory plus 1 to run the AV
2) Color change the AV to truly match your Emerald blade
3) Does anyone know if/when they will have the Emerald board in line with the V4 Obsidian? So when you change sound fonts you can also change blade color. (have seen this elsewhere for a pretty penny)

I know I said 2, but...shut up.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2015, 04:52:05 AM »

1) Wish it had 5-channels. 4 to run the RGBW/RGBA cluster in all its glory plus 1 to run the AV
3) Does anyone know if/when they will have the Emerald board in line with the V4 Obsidian? So when you change sound fonts you can also change blade color. (have seen this elsewhere for a pretty penny)

I second these options!!! Especially the 5-channel emerald for the flamberge to control the cross blades.

one saber Sad ... for now. Guardian, GB blade and AB FoC

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2015, 05:13:42 AM »

I know I said 2, but...shut up.

Darth Logos, hold up 2 fingers next time! Wink I whole heartedly agree!  A "5-ch" setup would be the "end all"!  But for us frugal padawans, a 3-ch wouldn't hurt our pocketbooks!  I really like the A/V sync!  That would be just too magnificent!  Point to you!

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2015, 05:26:07 AM »

Although im new here. I agree with a few suggestions in this thread and i will add my own from being a customer from canada.

-Bladeless options to cut cost, especially on shipping is good idea. especially for ppl outside of USA.
-Ahsoka saber. both old and new. great idea. huge fan of clone wars and the new rebels series.
- more "inspired by" designs.
- more unique designs and custom options like leather wrapping etc. on the right saber, it looks beautiful.
- and finally and the biggest one for me. better shipping options for canadians when shopping for odds and ends. currently i would pay the same shipping for something simple say a pommel  as i would pay if i bought a whole saber set up. and thats just wrong imo. i shouldnt have to pay 30$ shipping on a 20$ pommel. and your stuck with the one option. just send it economy. i dont need fed ex.

Oh I agree with this one big time.   I've only bought once so far and was very disappointed there was no USPS option to Canada.   And since my purchase was a grab bag I compared the shipping with and without a blade and it made no difference which made zero sense.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

Syl-Rel Veloci
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2015, 05:27:44 AM »

Colored Hilts with etchings like the Reaper. Green, Purple, etc. Maybe more Blue accents on current hilt designs?

Lightside Points Appreciated

Crimson Scorpion with Fire Orange Blade
Dominix LE V3 with Guardian Blue Blade

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2015, 05:43:36 AM »

Oh I agree with this one big time.   I've only bought once so far and was very disappointed there was no USPS option to Canada.   And since my purchase was a grab bag I compared the shipping with and without a blade and it made no difference which made zero sense.

Insane, yeah, been down that road.  I live in Hawaii and face the same shipping issues.  I hate to say it but, it is what it is, at least for the present.  It really makes me think about my orders more carefully.  Hopefully in the future, more shipping options will exist(?)

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2015, 02:26:38 PM »

I second these options!!! Especially the 5-channel emerald for the flamberge to control the cross blades.

I like how you think. Perhaps if they split the load amongst the 4-channel board they might be able to accomplish a 2-channel effect on the Flamberge. Channels 1 & 2 could be used to operate the Main blade, while channels 3 & 4 could run the guard blades. You should totally ask Emory if that is possible.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »

How about a curved Shock saber please? Then I'd join the curved saber club Tongue I don't think a curved version would be that long, probably about the same length as the normal Shock but maybe a few inches added under the emitter area

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:44 AM »

I like how you think. Perhaps if they split the load amongst the 4-channel board they might be able to accomplish a 2-channel effect on the Flamberge. Channels 1 & 2 could be used to operate the Main blade, while channels 3 & 4 could run the guard blades. You should totally ask Emory if that is possible.

In terms of Control, I don't see any reason why splicing the channel wires would not work.

My concern would be power - I am guessing the resistance is set to properly power 1 set of diodes.  If you splice & double the diodes with the same current, would the blade be dimmer? I'm leaning Yes, but I can't answer that with certainty.  That's just the only potential problem I can think of.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2015, 12:32:32 AM »

In terms of Control, I don't see any reason why splicing the channel wires would not work.

My concern would be power - I am guessing the resistance is set to properly power 1 set of diodes.  If you splice & double the diodes with the same current, would the blade be dimmer? I'm leaning Yes, but I can't answer that with certainty.  That's just the only potential problem I can think of.

You're on point with your reasoning, Lord.  In order for them to "split" the color scheme, 1st they would have to put an LED in each side emitter.  Then, your correct on more voltage to drive the extra LED's.  US is pretty slick when it comes to building these sabers.  It could be done BUT, at what expense?  Right now, an LED with FoC functionality is $70, $35 w/o, on US site.  Add in the extra wiring and resistors, batteries, battery holder, yadda, yadda (that's electrical engineer talk) Wink, You're probably looking at a Flamberge around $600! I know it's easy configuring a regular saber over $500 with EVERYTHING. Not sure a Flamberge would garner the same following(?) Just my humble opinion.

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2015, 01:53:57 AM »

Darth Logos,
I suppose that would work, I was thinking more along the lines of being able to turn your cross blades on and off while still keeping your four options open for either RGBW/RGBA or keepng RGB options while having dedicated channels to the AV and the cross blades.

I don't feel right about asking/suggesting an idea that is not one of my own. I'd much prefer it if you took the credit for your concept/idea. nothing against contacting Emory (I ave a couple times now and I think I'd like to give him a breather) it just doesn't settle with me taking credit for someone else.

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2015, 01:59:47 AM »

You're on point with your reasoning, Lord.  In order for them to "split" the color scheme, 1st they would have to put an LED in each side emitter.  Then, your correct on more voltage to drive the extra LED's.  US is pretty slick when it comes to building these sabers.  It could be done BUT, at what expense?  Right now, an LED with FoC functionality is $70, $35 w/o, on US site.  Add in the extra wiring and resistors, batteries, battery holder, yadda, yadda (that's electrical engineer talk) Wink, You're probably looking at a Flamberge around $600! I know it's easy configuring a regular saber over $500 with EVERYTHING. Not sure a Flamberge would garner the same following(?) Just my humble opinion.

I'm not entirely sure if I follow your concerns/statements correctly but if you are referring to a loss of power due to installing multiple LEDS, my understanding from the review videos is that the Flamberge already has two additional LEDs in the emitter and that (for example) if you dedicate channel 4 to the cross blades then you can control whether of not they turn on when you turn on the saber. again this is from what I've seen on the review videos linked directly from the US site next to the Flamberge's description. by the way if I'm getting a (figurative) 5-channel I'm not going to need to get extra LED's/quick disconnects/FoC etc. which would help with cost but it would still cost a pretty penny

if I am why off on my understanding of your concerns/statements please feel free to correct me.

also @ Groovidad, I completely agree to the concept of a 3-channel drive as well. a point to you good sir! (dark or light?) but I also think a RBGWA (or at least that's what I'm picturing in my head right now) driver would be an amazing option I'd be willing to try at least once. its really hard for me to decide between an 4-channel W or A for my next saber.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2015, 05:40:47 AM »

I'm not entirely sure if I follow your concerns/statements correctly but if you are referring to a loss of power due to installing multiple LEDS, my understanding from the review videos is that the Flamberge already has two additional LEDs in the emitter and that (for example) if you dedicate channel 4 to the cross blades then you can control whether of not they turn on when you turn on the saber. again this is from what I've seen on the review videos linked directly from the US site next to the Flamberge's description. by the way if I'm getting a (figurative) 5-channel I'm not going to need to get extra LED's/quick disconnects/FoC etc. which would help with cost but it would still cost a pretty penny

if I am why off on my understanding of your concerns/statements please feel free to correct me.   

also @ Groovidad, I completely agree to the concept of a 3-channel drive as well. a point to you good sir! (dark or light?) but I also think a RBGWA (or at least that's what I'm picturing in my head right now) driver would be an amazing option I'd be willing to try at least once. its really hard for me to decide between an 4-channel W or A for my next saber.
Interesting...I based my statements on the review by US.  Didn't see anything in the explanation about "other" LED's.  So, there are 2 or 3 separate MLS units in the  Flameberge?  That would make sense.  So, how many batteries run the system?  I will have to search some buyer reviews.  Thanks for setting me straight!

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2015, 08:12:28 AM »

Regular custom blade sizes please, like also in the regular blades but already pre-made if possible, like the new custom Ultra Edge blades. Unless we'd still have to add our own film in though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: