Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Menace  (Read 331992 times)
Tyl Kindarin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 02:39:45 PM »

Am I right in thinking that the Dark Catalyst pommel would fit flush (i.e. is the same width) as the bottom of this saber? I'm thinking of rocking one of these as a single saber and would like to spice up the end a little bit.

HansamuDashi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »

This saber is amazing as a single hilt.. But you know you eventually have to make it a double bladed saber!!   It's an iconic saber!!  It must be done!!

Why be enslaved to Light or Dark side. When I can rule both!!

wielder wishlist
Dark Monarch w/ Dark Violet or Blue
Chosen One w/sound Emerald
Scorpion w/sound Emerald
Bellicose w/sound Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »

Am I right in thinking that the Dark Catalyst pommel would fit flush (i.e. is the same width) as the bottom of this saber? I'm thinking of rocking one of these as a single saber and would like to spice up the end a little bit.

I feel you on this. (Why does the catalyst pommel just look so right on so many sabers?) I looked it up for you. The OD of the body at the grip (which looks like it continues to the pommel) is 1.5". The Catalyst pommel is only 1.4" at the widest point. I tried to confirm this by checking the OD of the Catalyst itself, but that info is not listed. Maybe a Shock pommel will suit your purposes.

This saber is amazing as a single hilt.. But you know you eventually have to make it a double bladed saber!!   It's an iconic saber!!  It must be done!!

And you this thang...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:56:14 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tyl Kindarin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »

I feel you on this. (Why does the catalyst pommel just look so right on so many sabers?) I looked it up for you. The OD of the body at the grip (which looks like it continues to the pommel) is 1.5". The Catalyst pommel is only 1.4" at the widest point. I tried to confirm this by checking the OD of the Catalyst itself, but that info is not listed. Maybe a Shock pommel will suit your purposes.

Thanks. I was thinking of the Dark Shock as well. I have a Shock LE already so I can always try that to get a feel for the dimensions. I thought that the OD might be for the outer rings of the grip, but I think you're right, it probably goes right down to the pommel.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2015, 03:24:15 PM »

Thanks. I was thinking of the Dark Shock as well. I have a Shock LE already so I can always try that to get a feel for the dimensions. I thought that the OD might be for the outer rings of the grip, but I think you're right, it probably goes right down to the pommel.

Technically yes, it is the diameter of the grip "rings" but that's because the rings run level to the body. The effect is acheived by cutting grooves into the body, unlike the Raven which actually has raised grips.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kaza yuri
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -39

Shikin Haramitu Daikomyo

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 03:46:51 PM »

What a great looking saber! i do not see the emitter int he build your own shop yet but i know i will be getting one of these once it is in there!

Learning how to love is the goal and the purpose of spiritual life
Not learning to develop psychic powers, to bow, do yoga, chant, or even meditate
But learning how to love. Love is the truth. Love is the light
Wish List - Crimson Scorpion, 2 Dark Arbiters with Menace Emitters, Dark Prophecy
Owned - 19 Sabers and counting, to many to list . . .

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2015, 09:36:36 PM »

'Nother question. The staff shown in the pics is assembled by a fully concealed coupler, but it also shows an illuminated AV switch, indicating sound. Was this done merely to show its resemblence to Maul's staff, or can the sound function without a vented coupler for this saber?

Sig by For Tyeth

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »

I do not believe so.  In the video Emory specifically stated you will need a vented coupler or you would crush the speaker...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2015, 09:49:26 PM »

Well poop. Now we're going to have to bug Deep to put out a series of CE couplers to go with the silver and black.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »

Well poop. Now we're going to have to bug Deep to put out a series of CE couplers to go with the silver and black.

That might be the next released item....Maybe just before the Flamberge gets officially released.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2015, 07:07:51 PM »

That might be the next released item....Maybe just before the Flamberge gets officially released.

I certainly hope so. I initially wanted to staff a pair of Manticore CEs with the silver adjustable coupler. Saw it...not working for me any more. I now want a Menace CE staff, and would really love the CE to run the entire length of the staff.

BTW. For those interested. Menace emitters (SE, Dark, & CE) have hit the listings.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2015, 11:31:39 PM »

I ordered 2 SE models with sound and a flush adjustable coupler. Very excited.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2015, 12:58:52 AM »

I ordered 2 SE models with sound and a flush adjustable coupler. Very excited.

Nice.  Looking forward to seeing pics!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2015, 02:55:04 AM »

This is a question that could be hard to put into words. I like the look of the silver surrounded by silver switch better than the silver surrounded by black(guarded?) switch. So to get the silver surrounded by silver switch do I have to get an AV switch or just sound?

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2015, 03:35:25 AM »

This is a question that could be hard to put into words. I like the look of the silver surrounded by silver switch better than the silver surrounded by black(guarded?) switch. So to get the silver surrounded by silver switch do I have to get an AV switch or just sound?
Non illuminated AV switch

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX: