Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Menace  (Read 331972 times)
Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2015, 04:01:39 AM »

This is a question that could be hard to put into words. I like the look of the silver surrounded by silver switch better than the silver surrounded by black(guarded?) switch. So to get the silver surrounded by silver switch do I have to get an AV switch or just sound?

Unless I am mistaken, even the non illuminated av switch only comes with sabers equipped with sound.  Consequently, you will have to purchase a "saber with sound" and then in the options you can choose an av switch, illuminated or otherwise.  you could email us and ask if it is possible to get an av switch on a stunt saber (no sound)... I can bet that an illuminated switch would need the lithium ion batter pack though which is on the sound sabers... Maybe that is why the av switch is not available on stunts.... Not sure....

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2015, 05:43:57 AM »

I ordered 2 SE models with sound and a flush adjustable coupler. Very excited.

Darth Small! Very exciting! Looking forward to some pics and maybe one of your wonderful video reviews(?) Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Eranoon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2015, 08:00:35 AM »

Has anyone opted for the Recharge Port on the new Menace yet? I'm curious where they put it that adds the 0.875" to the overall length.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »

Unless I am mistaken, even the non illuminated av switch only comes with sabers equipped with sound.  Consequently, you will have to purchase a "saber with sound" and then in the options you can choose an av switch, illuminated or otherwise.  you could email us and ask if it is possible to get an av switch on a stunt saber (no sound)... I can bet that an illuminated switch would need the lithium ion batter pack though which is on the sound sabers... Maybe that is why the av switch is not available on stunts.... Not sure....

The only reason why you can get the AV with sound only is that US uses mainly momentary AV switches that work only with sound sabers (it has nothing to do with the battery setup, only with the way a momentary switch functions). The latching AV switches used for stunt Graflexes, Chosen Ones and Malices can only be installed with an activation box. However, "the other guys" have a part called "Momentary-to-Latching Converter" which can be used to wire a momentary switch into a stunt (= latching) setup. This works for illuminated switches as well as non-illuminated. But you have to build the saber with such a setup on your own, US won't do that for you. Finding latching AV switches that fit without an activation box is a bit more difficult...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:22:41 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »

The only reason why you can get the AV with sound only is that US uses mainly momentary AV switches that work only with sound sabers (it has nothing to do with the battery setup, only with the way a momentary switch functions). The latching AV switches used for stunt Graflexes, Chosen Ones and Malices can only be installed with an activation box. However, "the other guys" have a part called "Momentary-to-Latching Converter" which can be used to wire a momentary switch into a stunt (= latching) setup. This works for illuminated switches as well as non-illuminated. But you have to build the saber with such a setup on your own, US won't do that for you. Finding latching AV switches that fit without an activation box is a bit more difficult...

Schooled!  He (being me) is not a jedi yet...  Smiley. Thanks for the clarification... Point

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »

... a part called "Momentary-to-Latching Converter" which can be used to wire a momentary switch into a stunt (= latching) setup....

Basically it's this little thing here Pololu Pushbutton Power Switch LV.
I still wonder whether we could convince Deep to 'upgrade' US stunt sabers with those...

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »

Basically it's this little thing here Pololu Pushbutton Power Switch LV.
I still wonder whether we could convince Deep to 'upgrade' US stunt sabers with those...

I would take a greater interest in stunt sabers if they did. I personally detest the look of the standard switch. I hate to sound harsh, but it thoroughly displeases my aesthetic palet.

Slightly off topic: What is the difference between the Red and Silver standard switches? I've the silver tipped switches on Initiate style sabers several times, but a friend just got a Dominix V4 yesterday, with a RED tipped switch. We're both at a loss.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2015, 02:58:41 PM »

There's no difference. Both work exactly the same. It's just an optical highlight. I remember reading somewhere that US sometimes tries to match the switch colour with the blade colour where possible...but I don't know the thread link anymore.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »

There's no difference. Both work exactly the same. It's just an optical highlight. I remember reading somewhere that US sometimes tries to match the switch colour with the blade colour where possible...but I don't know the thread link anymore.

OK, thanks. Although the blade color was FO. Either way, he liked it all the same. Correction, he LOVED it. It was his first.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »

Now that the Menace is now available(WOOT!) we definitely need a Maul font.  If I had a little more practice/time with the respective programs I would consider making one.  I have made two character based fonts but alas they are too weak to use. 

However, I have successfully made comprehensive boot fonts based on the CW Darth Maul which will go quite well with the new Menace.  And if you guys play around with the fonts they could be used in conjunction with an ignition or power down.

You can find the Maul boots under fonts made by forum members in The Obsidian Order section.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »

Now that the Menace is now available(WOOT!) we definitely need a Maul font.  If I had a little more practice/time with the respective programs I would consider making one.  I have made two character based fonts but alas they are too weak to use. 

However, I have successfully made comprehensive boot fonts based on the CW Darth Maul which will go quite well with the new Menace.  And if you guys play around with the fonts they could be used in conjunction with an ignition or power down.

You can find the Maul boots under fonts made by forum members in The Obsidian Order section.

How will we know when a new sound font is available for download?

I assume the "Obsidian Order" section is the icon listed under the sabers with sound menu?

Sig by For Tyeth

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »

No, it's a forum section. It contains many information on the Obsidian sound board, its settings, troubleshooting and also a section where forum members can present their own sound fonts Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »

No, it's a forum section. It contains many information on the Obsidian sound board, its settings, troubleshooting and also a section where forum members can present their own sound fonts Smiley

Oh. Back to my initial query. When might there be new sound fonts available on US.com?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 07:14:44 PM »

I didn't know who to quote on my switch question so I just won't. On my standard issue v3 staff with sound I didn't get any AV switches but I still got the silver surrounded by silver instead of the standard switch. That could suggest ONLY needing to get sound?   

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »

I would take a greater interest in stunt sabers if they did. I personally detest the look of the standard switch. I hate to sound harsh, but it thoroughly displeases my aesthetic palet.

Slightly off topic: What is the difference between the Red and Silver standard switches? I've the silver tipped switches on Initiate style sabers several times, but a friend just got a Dominix V4 yesterday, with a RED tipped switch. We're both at a loss.

I got a Phantasm initiate staff for my two little brothers in VA and AB and the VA has a silver tipped switch and the AB has a sort of GB tip. So if your friend has a red switch for a FO blade that would suggest that they use similar coloured switches with SOME colours.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: