Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Menace  (Read 331996 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2015, 09:41:01 PM »

Normally you explicitly have to choose the AV switch while customizing. If you got an AV without choosing it, then you were quite lucky Wink It happens sometimes - I think especially when US has an excess of them.

There isn't any change on the switch when I turn it on and there isn't a non illuminated circle surrounding the button. Does that still suggest an AV?

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2015, 09:57:29 PM »

Non-illuminated AV switch on top, silver-tipped guarded switch on the bottom.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2015, 10:11:25 PM »

Alright guys. Here it is. The FIRST video of the all new Menace.

http://youtu.be/N3SdPxOCLG4

Nice vid. I hadn't thought of the 32inch idea but I think when I get this I'll do that.

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2015, 10:52:54 PM »

Nice vid. I hadn't thought of the 32inch idea but I think when I get this I'll do that.

If you plan on ever having a double bladed lightsaber you definitely want to go with the 32 inch blade or shorter. I saw a video of someone who connected 2 guardians both with 36 inch blades and the saber had to have been over 7 feet long and it just looked difficult to use.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2015, 01:11:41 AM »

If you plan on ever having a double bladed lightsaber you definitely want to go with the 32 inch blade or shorter. I saw a video of someone who connected 2 guardians both with 36 inch blades and the saber had to have been over 7 feet long and it just looked difficult to use.

Darth Small is correct.

When my Phantasm V4 was sent to me I got the hilts sent to me with 36" blades on both of the Aeon V4's... its very unwieldy and difficult to attempt anything.  I plan on cutting them down probably to about 30" each then they should be a whole lot easier to use.  I used my kids initiate (24") blades on it and that was too short, so thats why I though 30" would be about right.  36" is way too long for staff blades. 

MTFBWY

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2015, 11:25:15 PM »

I can't wait for mine to get here! Got one of these bad boys in CG to counter my BR Consular, and to enter the Raffle! Soooooo excited!!!!!!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2015, 11:29:08 PM »

My standard issue staff(only saber for NOW Wink) has 36 inch blades and I'm 13 and about 4 ft 10(I know I'm short). If your used to it It's usable but I hit the ground a few times(poor blade tips). I got the 36 inch blades because I usually use them as single sabers and I wanted it to be roughly the size of a Lightsaber.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:22:51 AM by Darth Calon » Logged

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2015, 11:32:48 PM »

Non-illuminated AV switch on top, silver-tipped guarded switch on the bottom.

OK so I got lucky with free AV's. I'm guessing no but can you send sabers in for AV's AFTER they have regular switches?. Just to make sure I get this right, sound plus NO AV's = regular switch?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2015, 02:34:43 PM »

It's possible to upgrade from the guarded switch to an AV switch. If you know about electronics and such things, you can even do it yourself. Otherwise you can always send the hilt back to US and let them do the upgrade.

And yes, if you don't choose an AV switch on a sound saber, then the saber always comes with a standard guarded switch (the black ones made from plastic).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2015, 03:18:16 PM »

Bought a V-A coupler to test and put my Scorpion and Chosen One together. I only have 36" blades, so yeah, getting it through the house was trying with only about 1" clearence to the ceiling.

In oother news, Menace CE came in yesterday. I'd say it was my first CE, but it really is just the first nickel finish in my collection. It is beautiful, with its Bane's Heart. I shines like a new penny. The emitter is sick looking, and very complex, but the visual is worth the complexity. But the acquisition felt a little hollow, like the saber wasn't whole. I'll probably feel better once I've staffed it  Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »

Photos, photos! Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2015, 04:47:04 PM »

Photos, photos! Cheesy

I'd rather not. It was an epic hot mess. I took it to a friend's for a test spar. The bolt came loose and the staff came apart, and the bolt got stuck on my Scorp's speaker. It had me very worried about why it was suddenly so quiet. It will cost a little more, but they should have used stainless for those.

I will eventually have a Scorpion staff. And there will definitely be pics.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2015, 09:16:54 PM »

Bought a V-A coupler to test and put my Scorpion and Chosen One together. I only have 36" blades, so yeah, getting it through the house was trying with only about 1" clearence to the ceiling.

In oother news, Menace CE came in yesterday. I'd say it was my first CE, but it really is just the first nickel finish in my collection. It is beautiful, with its Bane's Heart. I shines like a new penny. The emitter is sick looking, and very complex, but the visual is worth the complexity. But the acquisition felt a little hollow, like the saber wasn't whole. I'll probably feel better once I've staffed it  Grin

It'll feel very complete when you get the other side. I had such a difficult time deciding if I was going to order just one or go ahead and get 2. I finally came to the conclusion that if I got just one, I knew i'd be getting the second one very soon after, and I just wanted to pay one shipping price, so I got them both at the same time.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2015, 11:05:00 PM »

It's possible to upgrade from the guarded switch to an AV switch. If you know about electronics and such things, you can even do it yourself. Otherwise you can always send the hilt back to US and let them do the upgrade.

And yes, if you don't choose an AV switch on a sound saber, then the saber always comes with a standard guarded switch (the black ones made from plastic).

That's pretty cool! How much does it cost to send a saber in for an AV if you don't count the shipping? Thanks for telling me both of those things and I believe my switch queries have finally come to an end Smiley.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »

I'd rather not. It was an epic hot mess. I took it to a friend's for a test spar. The bolt came loose and the staff came apart, and the bolt got stuck on my Scorp's speaker. It had me very worried about why it was suddenly so quiet. It will cost a little more, but they should have used stainless for those.

I will eventually have a Scorpion staff. And there will definitely be pics.

The bolt?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: