Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Menace  (Read 332806 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2015, 04:26:36 AM »

My plan as well Lord Canterbury!.  My orders for Azure Menace, Crimson Menace, and coupler have been placed as my Spring Raffle entries.  I post pictures as soon as possible after I receive the sabers.

Nice!

I think I am going to get something before this Raffle ends . . . just not completely sure what yet!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2015, 04:33:35 AM »

I posted this pic in another thread, but may as well post it here too, Azure Menace in BH (again, thanks Qui-Lar)  Smiley

Now THAT is a really interesting picture.

I say that because - based on the pictures of them within the US store - I've never truly loved either the Azure or Crimson models.  They were low on my priority list; the Blue looked really bright.

But this Saber you posted - man, that looks really sharp.

The Blue is much deeper looking in that pic.

Would you say that's closer to what it looks like in person versus the seemingly lighter look on the storefront?

Thanks for the feedback!  It may influence a potential purchase this week!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »

I think this pic was made with some adjustments regarding brightness, so the hilt appears darker than it actually looks like in normal light. The colour on the US website is probably the more accurate one than in this pic.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cinci
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2015, 10:22:48 PM »

I just ordered the azure menace with a yellow blade (forgot to put in the code for the raffle).  Had a difficult time deciding to get the windows or not, but alas, I went black background, no windows.  I'll get pics up when I get it in.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2015, 01:50:16 AM »

The Blue is much deeper looking in that pic.

Would you say that's closer to what it looks like in person versus the seemingly lighter look on the storefront?

To me the blue is definately deeper in person, but it would depend on the lighting.... My pic was taken in afternoon daylight next to a window but when I focus on the blade the hilt does come out a bit darker.... I don't have a pic without the blade on, but I do have a pic of another azure US with this Menace emitter and I've put a quick side by side with a pic from the US site (top) to see the difference.... Cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2015, 06:41:44 AM »

To me the blue is definately deeper in person, but it would depend on the lighting.... My pic was taken in afternoon daylight next to a window but when I focus on the blade the hilt does come out a bit darker.... I don't have a pic without the blade on, but I do have a pic of another azure US with this Menace emitter and I've put a quick side by side with a pic from the US site (top) to see the difference.... Cheers  Smiley

Ok - cool.  Thanks for answering my question- it's greatly appreciated!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2015, 01:16:57 PM »

PS - I'm customizing the Hilt with a Purple anodized look - will post pics when done.

That is ambitious. You do know that you'll have to completely disassemble the saber to anodize, right? I was going to get select parts of my Mantis anodized Gold or Nickel to make it truly CE. I will be doing the claws, collar, grip shroud, and pommel minus spikes. I will definitely post pics if it's pulled off.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »

That is ambitious. You do know that you'll have to completely disassemble the saber to anodize, right? I was going to get select parts of my Mantis anodized Gold or Nickel to make it truly CE. I will be doing the claws, collar, grip shroud, and pommel minus spikes. I will definitely post pics if it's pulled off.

Oh - crap!  So I shouldn't have given it an acid bath with the electronics still in? It hasn't worked since- but I just thought it wasn't dry yet!

Wink

Kidding!

No - if you look again- I just said I wanted an anodized "look".

I'm using Dupli-color "Metalcast" which is exactly that - it gives metal an appearance similar to anodized.

Used a light coat of the Ground Coat, 2 coats of Purple, another light mist of Ground Coat followed by 2 more coats of Purple.

The key is to use really light coats - just give them an evenly covered misting each coat.

Finishing it with the Clear Dupli-color ceramic engine enamel to protect it.

For what I was looking for out of two v3 Initiates - it's turning out perfect.

I'll post some pics in the Customization area of the forum when complete.

I'd definitely want to see the results of your idea!

I may well do a real anodize at some point - I have no probles taking the guts out - pretty handy with both Home & Hobby electrical.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »

Oh - crap!  So I shouldn't have given it an acid bath with the electronics still in? It hasn't worked since- but I just thought it wasn't dry yet!

Wink

Kidding!

No - if you look again- I just said I wanted an anodized "look".
I'm using Dupli-color "Metalcast" which is exactly that - it gives metal an appearance similar to anodized.
Used a light coat of the Ground Coat, 2 coats of Purple, another light mist of Ground Coat followed by 2 more coats of Purple.
The key is to use really light coats - just give them an evenly covered misting each coat.
Finishing it with the Clear Dupli-color ceramic engine enamel to protect it.
For what I was looking for out of two v3 Initiates - it's turning out perfect.
I'll post some pics in the Customization area of the forum when complete.
I'd definitely want to see the results of your idea!
I may well do a real anodize at some point - I have no probles taking the guts out - pretty handy with both Home & Hobby electrical.

Had to make sure. I work for an aluminum extruder, and one of our sister companies is an anodizer. I plan to have my components thrown in with someone else's production run of that color. Since they're small, I should be able to get away with it for 0 cost.

What I like most about this mod idea is that I can disassemble the Mantis down to the elbow, which is where all the guts are anchored. I could go full bore color change with only the silver left on the bend, but I love good color variation on a saber.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »

What I like most about this mod idea is that I can disassemble the Mantis down to the elbow, which is where all the guts are anchored. I could go full bore color change with only the silver left on the bend, but I love good color variation on a saber.

Nice - I'd like to see that.  That's why I go back & forth on my feelings about the Mantis CE - sometimes I love the all silver look - other times I feel its too plain and needs some variation as you said - so on those days I think I'd order a Dark Mantis.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2015, 03:34:41 PM »

Nice - I'd like to see that.  That's why I go back & forth on my feelings about the Mantis CE - sometimes I love the all silver look - other times I feel its too plain and needs some variation as you said - so on those days I think I'd order a Dark Mantis.

My initial concept was to do an Ebony & Ivory scheme once I figure out how to get a good black blade. I wanted a Mantis CE w/ black blade and a Dark Mantis w/ AS blade. Awesome. The Mantis "CE" I feel is a misnomer as the CE is typically applied to the nickel finish. The Manticore CE gives the option of full nickel plating or full high polish. It is my opinion the the silver Mantis should have been designated SE not CE.

I've already milled down my Mantis' claws. I've got pics under this thread. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23146.0

I need to update my pics, but my camera is busted at the moment.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Zephyrus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -55

Before me, you are nothing. -Darth Revan

« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »

Figured I'd drop this beauty in here for those of you who want to make a Darth Maul Staff:

The adjustable coupler lines up ridiculously well. You can check out my review of it here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23583.0

Who lives in falsehood slays his soul; whose speech is false, his honor.

-Malice: Blazing Red, Silver FoC
-Guardian: Emerald, Nickel plated, Silver AV
-Crimson Scorpion: Blazing Red, no FoC
-Graflex CE: Emerald, no AV light, Gold Accents
-Menace Staff: Blazing Red, Obsidian V4

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2015, 05:37:04 PM »

Figured I'd drop this beauty in here for those of you who want to make a Darth Maul Staff:

The adjustable coupler lines up ridiculously well. You can check out my review of it here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23583.0

Yeah that's pretty awesome - thanks.

A Menace Staff is tops on my Wishlist . . .

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2015, 05:42:50 PM »

My initial concept was to do an Ebony & Ivory scheme once I figure out how to get a good black blade. I wanted a Mantis CE w/ black blade and a Dark Mantis w/ AS blade. Awesome. The Mantis "CE" I feel is a misnomer as the CE is typically applied to the nickel finish. The Manticore CE gives the option of full nickel plating or full high polish. It is my opinion the the silver Mantis should have been designated SE not CE.

I've already milled down my Mantis' claws. I've got pics under this thread. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23146.0

I need to update my pics, but my camera is busted at the moment.

Cool idea!  And the pics were great - nice collection.

I assume you've read the Darksaber thread on here.  Have you made any attempts at a black blade to date?

Coincidentally- I just watched the Clone Wars episodes w/ the Darksaber last night, so I was actually contemplating the best way to do that.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »

Cool idea!  And the pics were great - nice collection.

I assume you've read the Darksaber thread on here.  Have you made any attempts at a black blade to date?

Coincidentally- I just watched the Clone Wars episodes w/ the Darksaber last night, so I was actually contemplating the best way to do that.

I can't remember if I have read it or not. I haven't made any attempts as yet. I'm trying to figure out if the AS on my Emerald Mantis is faulty.

I hate the Dark Saber as much as I hate the light whip. You can't bend and shape light like that. I don't care that it's sci-fi.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: