Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Menace  (Read 331993 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »

That's why I don't sleep . . .
Its funny because I just saw that as one Sith helping a fellow Sith...... oh wait, maybe Logos is just getting all close and friendly so he can learn all Lord C's Mad Saber Science skills and then murder him in his sleep...... sheesh  Shocked

(jk  Wink)

And why steal his skill when I can just hire it?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2015, 09:29:22 PM »

And why steal his skill when I can just hire it?

Then it wouldn't cost you anything Cheesy Grin

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »

OOooooohh. That's why I have it in quotes. More "stern" advice than anything else. I've found it true that following long term plans for purchase often yield the most enjoyment, rather than altering them to satisfy a potentially passing fancy.
I agree. I certainly bought my first couple of sabers as either a Grab Bag or what was on DotD.  Great for getting started but now I plan.

Just for movie replicas, I know I want a CG Consular, GB Guardian, BT Chosen One, AB Graflex and CO Archon v3.  And that is without looking at fun stuff like a ST Sentinel Staff (love KOTOR) or DVA / PO Dark Warglaive / Raven (because Sith hilts are cool).

Now it's going to take me years to buy all of those. So I will wait until there is another sale on, and slowly over time, one by one, tick the above off my list.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »

Its funny because I just saw that as one Sith helping a fellow Sith...... oh wait, maybe Logos is just getting all close and friendly so he can learn all Lord C's Mad Saber Science skills and then murder him in his sleep...... sheesh  Shocked

(jk  Wink)
And we STILL can't get over the problems of the Rule of Two. Always must the Apprentice seek to usurp the Master's power!!

Smiley

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »

Peace.

Not sure yet when I am pulling the trigger - but I am 100% solid on what it's going to be down to every detail . . .

Although a Menace is not really a passing fancy either.  It may take a while, but eventually I will own all the character hilts; now it's just a matter of settling on SE or CE for a Menace staff!!
The CE did look very cool.  What put me off was the lack of suitable couplers.  I'm just to analyse that the difference between hilt and coupler, between Nickel and Silver, would bother me every time.  Plus SE closer to movie replica.

Final determinant in my getting SE staff was when it came up on DotD whilst last Sale was on. The combined discounts on both parts of staff saved me $85. I took that as a sign that I was meant to buy it!!!

Personally not as sold on Dark Menace. I love my anodised black hilts but only if they have silver accents to contrast (I have Dominix vs LE, Bellicose, Dark DI and Dark Catalyst so you can see I REALLY like black and silver hilts).

But that is beauty of Ultrasabers in that they can offer the Menace in SE/CE/Dark versions and we will all have our personal preferences! Either way whichever one you go for, I am sure that you will love it.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2015, 02:17:09 PM »

The CE did look very cool.  What put me off was the lack of suitable couplers.  I'm just to analyse that the difference between hilt and coupler, between Nickel and Silver, would bother me every time.  Plus SE closer to movie replica.

Final determinant in my getting SE staff was when it came up on DotD whilst last Sale was on. The combined discounts on both parts of staff saved me $85. I took that as a sign that I was meant to buy it!!!

Personally not as sold on Dark Menace. I love my anodised black hilts but only if they have silver accents to contrast (I have Dominix vs LE, Bellicose, Dark DI and Dark Catalyst so you can see I REALLY like black and silver hilts).

But that is beauty of Ultrasabers in that they can offer the Menace in SE/CE/Dark versions and we will all have our personal preferences! Either way whichever one you go for, I am sure that you will love it.

Yeah I would say I am leaning Menace SE for Coupler / MHS reasons.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2015, 05:12:08 PM »

Then it wouldn't cost you anything Cheesy Grin

Who said anything about it not costing?

Yeah I would say I am leaning Menace SE for Coupler / MHS reasons.

I'm hopeful that I can find someone to at least anodize a silver one to match the nickel finish. I got friends in the industry. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »

Who said anything about it not costing?

If you learn Lord C's skill, then you wouldn't have to hire anyone to do it for you. Therefore it's free.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »

If you learn Lord C's skill, then you wouldn't have to hire anyone to do it for you. Therefore it's free.

Nothing is free.........ever. I hate soldering. I hate messing with glue. I'm not gifted with electronics, and have little patience for them. Paying him to do it actually costs me less grief and therefore is the better value. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »

Nothing is free.........ever. I hate soldering. I hate messing with glue. I'm not gifted with electronics, and have little patience for them. Paying him to do it actually costs me less grief and therefore is the better value. Wink

I see, and of course you wouldn't want to risk breaking something in one of your amazing high quality combat ready sabers. They really are just that.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2015, 06:39:32 PM »

I see, and of course you wouldn't want to risk breaking something in one of your amazing high quality combat ready sabers. They really are just that.

Exactly. It's worth the money, to me, to let someone more capable to handle it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2015, 06:42:40 PM »

Agreed.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »

You know - by way of phrasing - you're putting me in the role of Master.  Wink

Either way - when everyone sees the fruit of all our ideas & labor, the Jedi will come crawling to us with their lightsabers and once more . . . the Sith shall rule the Forum.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »

You know - by way of phrasing - you're putting me in the role of Master.  Wink

Either way - when everyone sees the fruit of all our ideas & labor, the Jedi will come crawling to us with their lightsabers and once more . . . the Sith shall rule the Forum.

Just remember who had the idea for your Dark and Crimson Scorp mash-up. Wink

And since when haven't we ruled the Forum?

I do so love reminding the Jedi that the modern cordless saber was a Sith innovation. As was the saber staff. The cross guard. Not sure about the curve hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2015, 06:23:30 PM »

I do so love reminding the Jedi that the modern cordless saber was a Sith innovation. As was the saber staff. The cross guard. Not sure about the curve hilt.

Uhhhh I hate it when the Sith are right Angry

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: