Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Menace  (Read 332010 times)
Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2016, 07:14:16 AM »

Those red thumb screws just finish off a beautiful looking black Menace perfectly.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »

Thank you Lord Sidious Cheesy  I do enjoy being able to alternate the activation screws but the red look is a solid one!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #332 on: October 25, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »

Ok, so i've been looking over the Crimson Menace (I have too many damn build ideas going through my head) and have a few questions.

In the details, it gives 2 different lengths as available (1" longer with recharge port or Emerald). All the pictures look the same length, and there are no broken down pictures, so can someone explain / show where this extra length comes from? If I were to order an empty hilt, would I just note in the comments I wanted the longer version?

Also, I notice it has what looks like 2 small accent LEDs on the hilt. Are these actually functional, or just for show? If just for show, could they easily be replaced with working ones?

Last thing. I saw mention somewhere in another thread that the emitter has to be removed to remove the blade? I dont really understand this, so if someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Edit:
Looking back at the pictures again, in most it seems Orange, but in a couple it looks much more Red. I was attracted to it because of the Orange..... so which is it? lol

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »

Ok, so i've been looking over the Crimson Menace (I have too many damn build ideas going through my head) and have a few questions.

In the details, it gives 2 different lengths as available (1" longer with recharge port or Emerald). All the pictures look the same length, and there are no broken down pictures, so can someone explain / show where this extra length comes from? If I were to order an empty hilt, would I just note in the comments I wanted the longer version?

Also, I notice it has what looks like 2 small accent LEDs on the hilt. Are these actually functional, or just for show? If just for show, could they easily be replaced with working ones?

Last thing. I saw mention somewhere in another thread that the emitter has to be removed to remove the blade? I dont really understand this, so if someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Edit:
Looking back at the pictures again, in most it seems Orange, but in a couple it looks much more Red. I was attracted to it because of the Orange..... so which is it? lol

I believe the extra inch comes at the bottom of the hilt by the pommel.

No, all of the exterior flourishes are just that, fluff. The accents do not light up.

Yes. the blade screws are placed in the "underlay" part of the emitter. The emitter consists of 3 parts: the plate, underlay, and shroud. It is also worth noting that there are 3 blade screws that must be tightened flush with the outer diameter of the underlay, so that the shroud can properly fit. Because of this, I highly recommend staying away from Heavy Grade blades. They are thicker and less compliant when tightening the screws.

The red anodize is more red. The lighting in the website makes it look more orange. I recommend doing a search of the forum for Crimson hilts: Menace, Mantis, or Reaper. Home photos seem to show the truer color.

Hope this helps.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2016, 06:07:57 PM »

Thanks Darth Logos, very helpful. -1

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2016, 06:30:46 PM »

Thanks Darth Logos, very helpful. -1

Even if you go back one page and look at my pics of my Menace SE beside my Dark Menace - the Dark Menace has Emerald and you can see the added length compared to the silver Menace. With Emerald it brings the Menace, length wise, in line with other US. Without it's prob the shortest premium hilt they make.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2016, 06:36:55 PM »

I swear I went through every page of this thread and didnt see those images... thanks Hazard! have a point

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #337 on: October 25, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »

You're welcome Cheesy

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2016, 12:09:06 AM »

The red anodize is more red. The lighting in the website makes it look more orange. I recommend doing a search of the forum for Crimson hilts: Menace, Mantis, or Reaper. Home photos seem to show the truer color.

Hope this helps.

Oh wow... thanks to googles help I found plenty, and man does it look different! very red indeed! glad I found this out, as I LOVE the color it appears on the site here, but the reality is far from the oranger color it seems!

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2016, 01:57:39 AM »

Yeah Google is great for US pics that's for sure ... good thinking Corwyn.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #340 on: October 26, 2016, 03:16:30 AM »

Yeah, the length difference is all in the portion that the switch sits in.

And, yeah, the body of the "short" Menace is probably the shortest complete premium saber tube, the one I've got here with the Scorpion pommel neck and Flamberge blade holder is about equally between the Initiate V2 and V4 in length, with sound and QDs.  I could just use the Flamberge blade holder and bring it's size down to actually being shorter than a V2 Initiate, but then there's only about an inch of blade in the blade socket.

Believe it or not, I have plans to pick up one more.  I should have ordered my first one with the recharge port and Emerald, but didn't know what style of port the Menaces came with at that point.  Now, I want to be able to charge both ends of the staff at once, so the non-charge port hilt will go on to other things, with an emitter change, when I can spring for another Emerald DM.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #341 on: October 26, 2016, 02:59:22 PM »

Thanks Shade.
Think I can safely scratch this one off my list for now, at least as far as the project I had in mind goes... color was a major part in that... still really like this one, it just moves down the list some again now.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #342 on: November 23, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »

Ok, so I just got my 2nd Menace CE in yesterday and coupled it to my first, and slapped a pair of 32s in. OMG perfect staff. My visual estimate puts it at about 74-76" total length, which is just a little longer than me. And it's sooooo pretty. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #343 on: November 23, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »

Ok, so I just got my 2nd Menace CE in yesterday and coupled it to my first, and slapped a pair of 32s in. OMG perfect staff. My visual estimate puts it at about 74-76" total length, which is just a little longer than me. And it's sooooo pretty. Grin

You know better Logos...pics or it didn't happen  Grin

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #344 on: November 23, 2016, 03:57:49 PM »

You know better Logos...pics or it didn't happen  Grin
Suck it, Blue.

One thing at a time. Do you want an arsenal update, or the review of Project:BOOYA!?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: