Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Vibrosword  (Read 1519 times)
Xikcr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 30, 2015, 05:50:05 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm currently planning a method to make a practical (sparring and stage combat) vibrosword. I purchased a Rawlings Synthetic sword (Langes Messer with a basket-hilt and extended pommel) that's already been successfully tested against ultrasabers. The easy way out of this project would be to purchase a glow-in-the-dark shown below:
http://www.theknightshop.co.uk/catalog/proline-xtreme-synthetic-sparring-messer-blade-glow-dark-p-3568.html

But, I don't want to do that. What I'd like to do, is fit it with EL wire lighting as shown below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqhOG5F5hqA&list=FLsrC2WvZbbjsi2Hq1PFGCHQ&index=25

I either want to set the lighting along the blade, either by getting two lights for both sides, or drill a hole in the blade and thread the wire through, or put in some sort of casing along the blades spin for the vibration cell.

But those are just vague ideas, I'd like to get some feedback and suggestions for alternatives from anybody. Otherwise, I'll be forced to buy the glow-in-the-dark blade, and as mentioned I don't want to resort to that. I want this to look awesome. I really appreciate any help.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:53:34 PM by Xikcr » Logged

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »

i think them synthetic blades on their own would do for a vibroblade, certainly look the right size and shape

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:15:06 PM »

I have one set up as a cutlass, they would definitely do the job, one could always use some self-adhesive aluminium to coat the sides and spine, leaving the edge alone glow in the dark. It wouldn't be perfect, but neither are most stage combat swords, so it'd do the job well enough to at least be passable.

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: