Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Telling people to use the search function and other stuff  (Read 48425 times)
Bonsai
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2015, 12:34:18 AM »

I used the search function to find this thread on the search function. I wish I was joking. Sadly I was searching for something else. ( true story)

My point...

Saber forum is quite pleasant in the way of manners. That is a big thank you to members.

Just in case... The search button is above the thread with Sherlock style magnifying glass. Over a map. I suggest being very specific. Lots of great threads here, so enjoy.

Bonsai

Light please.

Four grab bags. Awesome picks!!!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2015, 01:04:57 AM »

I used the search function to find this thread on the search function. I wish I was joking. Sadly I was searching for something else. ( true story)

My point...

Saber forum is quite pleasant in the way of manners. That is a big thank you to members.

Just in case... The search button is above the thread with Sherlock style magnifying glass. Over a map. I suggest being very specific. Lots of great threads here, so enjoy.

Bonsai

Have your first point for making me laugh.  Cheesy

I know the search function has come in handy for me on more than a few occasions.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 08:38:07 PM »

Being new to "this" forum after literally just ordering my 1st Saber, this post is appreciated as sometimes the keywords needed to "quickly" find the desired answer(s) can be quite illusive.
Note: The recent trailers by J.J. Abrams' forthcoming installment(s) have re-awakened the Force of my inner Sith after watching G. L. go CGI sideways for several releases (sorry G.).  Cool

Richell
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »

Acknowledged!

Darthsaberslayer
Force Sensitive

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2015, 12:08:13 AM »

Fellow saber enthusiasts, as you have probably noticed, this forum is seeing some pretty amazing growth and will quickly become the #1 Lightsaber forum on the net.  This forum is becoming so popular because of all of YOU.  You make this forum such a great and friendly place and people want to stick around and become part of this special little community.  We're not going to be a little community for long, and growth is good, but it also means we'll get alot of new people here who may not have much experience with posting on a forum.

Many of you already have a good grasp of forum etiquette (Netiquette, as it is sometimes called), but many will not.  It is incumbent upon us all to educate the new comers with courtesy and respect.

Example, if someone posts a question that has been asked a hundred times before, certainly feel free to inform the poster about the search function - but at the same time, maybe also answer the question?  If the question is too involved for a quick answer, simply say so, like:

"This is a pretty complex topic that has been discussed at great length and can't really be explained in one post.  You can find threads about it with the Search Function"

If all you're going to do is write "Use the search feature", then I'd prefer you not reply at all since it comes across as unfriendly even when you're not trying to be.

There are other breaches in Netiquette that can be handled in an equally friendly manner, like typing in all caps, making multiple posts, making the same thread in different forums, etc.  I urge us all to have patience while we grow in popularity and make all the new comers feel welcome.

Lastly, from all of us at the Saber Forum Staff, thanks for being such a great group of people.  You've turned what started out as a little forum about Ultra Sabers into a thriving community that discusses everything from Martial Arts to Video Games.

BlackwaterRat
Force Sensitive

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »

Hi!  First post here; I hope this is an acceptable place for that first "Rules" post...

I was just going to say that it is possible that some people don't realize you can do a search.  I only suggest this because before I registered I could not find a search option anywhere, and almost missed it once I then did log in.  It only took a few secs to find it once I scanned the change in icons up top, but maybe not everyone realizes that.

Anyway, thanks in advance; I look forward to learning a lot about lightsabers!

Amy

Mastarius
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 03:22:14 PM »

Hi!  First post here; I hope this is an acceptable place for that first "Rules" post...

I was just going to say that it is possible that some people don't realize you can do a search.  I only suggest this because before I registered I could not find a search option anywhere, and almost missed it once I then did log in.  It only took a few secs to find it once I scanned the change in icons up top, but maybe not everyone realizes that.

Anyway, thanks in advance; I look forward to learning a lot about lightsabers!

Amy

Nope, you need to make your first post here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0

After reading the rules of course, then just make a post showing you understand. Smiley

Dark Side Points please~!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix LE V3 in Sunrider's Destiny
Raven in Fire Orange

Sabers Wanted:
Scorpion in Fire Orange
Raven in Blazing Red
Scorpion in Blazing Red

Jedi_Knave
Force Sensitive

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »

Understood

Lando Latrino
Force Sensitive

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2016, 04:35:29 PM »

I agree. No one likes a smart arse.

DarthJoker
Force Sensitive

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2016, 01:55:58 AM »

Read and understand the rules  Smiley

orangeyj
Force Sensitive

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2016, 01:43:06 AM »

Got it.

Pantherdan
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2016, 01:55:58 AM »

First post.

I like to ask questions in order to start conversation and lively discussion. It would be a very short and boring conversation if all I ever heard was "search for it".

I like helping others and discussing various topics, so I only tell people to look something up after at least trying to help. Maybe thats why I was told I am Guardian blue when taking the "what color blade are you" questionnaire. Works for me cuz thats my favoite color anyway.

I'm a Knight of the Old Republic. Well, I am old enough to be.

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2016, 09:16:32 PM »

First post.

I like to ask questions in order to start conversation and lively discussion. It would be a very short and boring conversation if all I ever heard was "search for it".

I like helping others and discussing various topics, so I only tell people to look something up after at least trying to help. Maybe thats why I was told I am Guardian blue when taking the "what color blade are you" questionnaire. Works for me cuz thats my favoite color anyway.
Its a fair statement.  The search tool sometimes reminds me of loading screens on home/video computer games from many, many years ago. But still sort of Works & possibly quicker than waiting for another human being to diseminate the info. Of course I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2016, 06:20:41 PM »

granted, US really didn't need to open a forum and give us all a big community of helpful, friendly, skilled people that are great to be social with.
as a company there's no money to be made from this forum. they did it because they are fans as well. the community build here giving us a chance to find others around us, places to find combat classes, costumes, you name it. these guys do what they do because they enjoy it as much as we do.
I saw the other guys raffle and they gave away 1 saber. US pulls a raffle and ends up as "what the heck, here's 5 more winners than we announced!"
I can imagine Ultra and Deep  saying "ok crew, drawing raffle winners tonight, so pizza and soda on us."

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Pwelker1185
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 9

The force is strong-light side forever

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2016, 03:37:18 AM »

Hello all, I'm new myself so it is nice to see this kind of attention to people in unfamiliar territory. I rarely go on forums or use social media so this helps.

There is no dark without the light as there is no light without the dark.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: