Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What will it take for them to make a brilliant Spiderman movie?!  (Read 3474 times)
Casper96
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 05, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »

I watched The Amazing Soiderman 2 last night and to be honest, found it a little disappointing. The first Amazing Spiderman wasnt brilliant but I hoped it would set up for a better sequel but im afraid to say I was wrong, and it made me wonder, will there ever be a Spiderman trilogy which is better than 'ok'?

The original Spiderman trilogy got 7.3, 7.4, 6.9 on imdb and the new ones have 7.1, 6.9 so far. Compare that with the 8.4, 8.9, 8.6 the Dark Knight trilogy got.

What needs doing, do they need to make it gritty like the new ones seem to be trying to do by killing gwen or do they simply need to stay true to the comics and take peters skateboard and attractive looks off him and let him get the girl? Or maybe its just a case of finding an extremely good actor for the villain?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:06:25 AM by Casper96 » Logged

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 03:46:48 PM »

I watched The Amazing Soiderman 2 last night and to be honest, found it a little disappointing. The first Amazing Spiderman wasnt brilliant but I hoped it would set up for a better sequel but im afraid to say I was wrong, and it made me wonder, will there ever be a Spiderman trilogy which is better than 'ok'?

The original Spiderman trilogy got 7.3, 7.4, 6.9 on imdb and the new ones have 7.1, 6.9 so far. Compare that with the 8.4, 8.9, 8.6 the Dark Knight trilogy got.

What needs doing, do they need to make it gritty like the new ones seem to be trying to do by killing gwen or do they simply need to stay true to the comics and take peters skateboard and attractive looks off him and let him get the girl? Or maybe its just a case of finding an extremely good actor for the villain?

What needs to happen? Simple:

The rights need to return to Marvel (same as every other property). They have more of a vested interest in a properly done movie than any other studio.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 10:30:24 PM »

Sony needs to let Disney have the Spidey rights with their Marvel property.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »

We already got it:

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »

The problem is the trilogy aspect of things.

Not every issue of a comic continues the story from a previous issue, sometimes it is it's own thing.

Spider-Man 2 would work just as well, if it was called Spider-Man. Other than the fact that Norman dies at the end, everything can stand alone without the need of the first film.

Why the studio felt the need to cut and edit ASM2 into mediocrity is beyond me. What we were promised is not what we were given and while I still really enjoy the film, it suffered from a lack of context and time; a giant preview for ASM 3/Sinister Six

A deleted scene on the blu-ray shows Max Dillon before his transformation, in his apartment dealing with his mother. (At least I think it was left out of the final cut.) Just this scene alone goes a long way in showing you how close to the edge this broken man already was.

It would be easier to concoct these movies and sell them if they were strong, self contained stories, but that ship has sailed as only franchises make money now.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: