Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Red Pulse/FOC Help  (Read 3795 times)
Dow-T
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 11, 2015, 11:48:30 PM »

Will someone please help me with my emerald settings? I've tried for hours and cant get my red saber to do an authentic flicker. Nor can I get the flash on clash to go as fast as my old sabers always did... please help, I got the new Menace and want a nice sith red that flickers and flashes properly.

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 01:37:06 AM »

I am not the expert but I am happy with my settings.  I am sure there r others out there.  When I have my 4 channel set to red, I have red on 255 and nothing else pulsing to red 255 and green 15.  The settings for my pulse from left to right are .04 .02 .06 .02.  For my FoC which I think was dva if I remember correctly, the settings I use are .02 .02 and plays 7 times.   For some color combos I have to change the Foc to .06 .06 just so the other color shows, and I usually reduce the play to 5 times.   Hope that helps...  If any have other suggestions, I would love to try them out too...  Happy sabering.   Oh and congrats on the menace.  I look forward to ordering that one in the future

Dow-T
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 05:05:33 AM »

Thank you so much for the advice, I'll definitely be plugging it in and trying it out tomorrow. I actually got a nice red flickering effect by pulsing briefly to a darker shade of red, rather than trying to make it pulse to white. It just flickers now rather than slowly changing colors. I still wasn't quite able to get FoC the way I want it, as the minimum setting is 0.1 and even that seems sluggish to me. Not only that, but when I hit the button to make FoC stop, it tends to lag and keep going a brief moment afterwards. That bugs me as a guy who was able to have super-fast FoC on my non-emerald sabers and no lag or lack of response at any time. Also, for some reason my saber is flashing twice on impact? Does anyone have any idea why that may be..? When I hit it on something instead of just flashing once, it's doing two short flashes each time. Never ran into anything like that before.

HalfCracked
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 05:24:08 AM »

The minimum time setting is 0.02 I believe. Anything below 0.1 has to be even increments. I.E.  0.02, 0.04, 0.06, etc.

On the side of the FOC pane there's a play x times setting.  Check what you have in there.

You never want to shoot yourself in the foot - Especially when it's in your mouth!

Khaalis
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 08:54:30 AM »

My Sith Red settings on my emerald RGBW are:

0 sec ramp-up
0.02 sec at top
Primary Color = Red 255
0 Sec ramp-down
0.02 sec at bottom
Secondary Flicker Color = Red 255 / Green 78
FoC = 0.1 sec / 0.1 sec
Play 1 Time
FoC color = White 255

Hope that helps some.

My Sabers (All customized & Obsidian): Emerald Archon v2.1 (DVA),  Emerald Dark Menace (SY), Emerald Shock LE (BR)

Indignatio
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -33

Sith Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 02:31:25 AM »

My Sith Red settings on my emerald RGBW are:

0 sec ramp-up
0.02 sec at top
Primary Color = Red 255
0 Sec ramp-down
0.02 sec at bottom
Secondary Flicker Color = Red 255 / Green 78
FoC = 0.1 sec / 0.1 sec
Play 1 Time
FoC color = White 255

Hope that helps some.

Thank you so much! I now have a nice flicker!

Apprentice LE V4 Emerald w/ Sound (Customized)
Archon V2.1 w/ Sound (Customized)
Menace SE Staff Emerald w/ Sound
Guardian Emerald w/ Sound (My Wife's Saber)

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 01:39:10 AM »

Will someone please help me with my emerald settings? I've tried for hours and cant get my red saber to do an authentic flicker. Nor can I get the flash on clash to go as fast as my old sabers always did... please help, I got the new Menace and want a nice sith red that flickers and flashes properly.

On your FoC setting, I have mine set to flash white 3x @ .1 seconds.  This gives a really cool "lightning" effect clash.  You can experiment with the repetitions but 2-3 works nicely.

The Lockup flash timing is set on the Obsidian board.  My new v4 was set really slow. (.54 seconds I think) which looked strange with half a second between lockup flashes.  I reduced it to the lowest possible setting (.1 or .2) and now it flashes like my v3 Obsidian boards.

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS
Dark War Glaive: PO/AS