Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Launcher Sensitivity Modifications  (Read 1991 times)
Rigid_Jedi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 17, 2015, 02:39:20 AM »

I really need to know how to modify the sensitivity on my ultrasaber with different soundfonts. I just don't want to mess anything up. Can somebody tell me what the threshold is, the debouncing, and integration? And also what the scale is by time on each one. I don't know what 125 motion threshold is, lol.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:04:39 AM »

Well, I can't tell you what all of it means, but I can tell you that I've played with it all multiple times and all you have to do is restore the defaults any time you mess something up.  Smiley

I sure would like to know exactly which way to adjust things, though!

cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 09:55:03 PM »

Gonna necro this old thread because I'm curious too.  This is what I have learned, thus far:

Motion Threshold is the amount of "force" (no pun) needed to make the 'swoosh' sound when you swing the saber.  lower value means you don't have to swing hard and higher values make it so you have to swing much harder to get the sound to play.  I had it all the way to '1' at one point and while it really got lots of sounds, I noticed on start-up, the saber would "WOOSH" before the start-up sound would finish, even though I didn't move it.

Motion integration time, I haven't tried this one, but I believe this means the amount of time before the sound actually plays once you've swung the saber.

Impact Threshold is much like Motion Threshold in that it is how hard you have to hit the blade/saber to get it to "clash".  Lower values give you a clash from light hits while higher values make it so you have to hit harder before the "clash" sounds activate.

Not sure what Impact Debouncing Time is.

Minimum Time Between Impacts is (I think) the time it takes for the "clash" to play every time you strike something.  I would imagine that if you're doing really fast strikes, you want this value to be set low, otherwise you get the sound, but then you get a couple of dull thuds from blades hitting before another clash sounds... if that makes sense Tongue

Lockup Flash Time, not sure what that one is either.

Hope this helps just a bit more, play around with it and remember to hit 'write parameters' to change the settings, but don't worry about messing up, that's what the 'restore defaults' is for.  Also, none of the volume settings work unless you're actually adding sounds.  This is also true for the standard sounds that come with the saber, you actually have to insert the sound file and select the volume before it changes.  I wish the Master Volume at least worked on its own, but it never seems to change no matter how I set it.

I am a grey Jedi.
My passions are a part of me,
but they do not control me.
Domination can be broken.
Serenity can be a lie.
Knowledge gives me strength,
but power can be a weakness.
Peace and chaos gives me harmony,
Through balance I gain victory.
There is no Light or Dark,
There is only the Force.
Do not try to sway me or you will feel my wrath.
---
My Collection:
Dark Mantis - Violet Amethyst, Obsidian V3
Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian V4
Dark Sentinel V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian Lite
Initiate V2 - Fire Orange, Stunt Saber

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: