Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Tutorials  (Read 114556 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:00 AM »

You can expect several more going forward. I am taking on a primer to Niman as a non-martial flow art.

I can't wait. I should really start practicing a little bit more than I do.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2017, 12:36:55 AM »

Here we go. Plum Blossom Basics. Had some people message me through my youtube account and I figured it had to come from here. ( I unlist a lot of my vid's so they are just for the U.S. community. )

Anyone of you familiar with JKD know about the progressive indirect attack...which is about the ONLY time I would actually use a technique like this. Long story short, I started as a MeiHuaQuan student for the first 18...ish...years and was a practitioner of the staff/spear. This system is considered Wushu. One day I happened upon JKD/Kali and everything changed....my box was no longer a box. I tried using my MHQ and the JKD/Kali system ( Lee/Inosanto ) beat me up pretty bad. " The way of no way. " Changed my life! Thought I'd share that personal bit of info since I'm becoming pretty good friends with a lot of the community. Hope you enjoy.

Edit - I let youtube stabilize the video and it made it zoom in and out....never again...
Double Edit - Fixed the stabilization problem...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&amp;video_id=1CPa_6baMMs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&amp;video_id=1CPa_6baMMs</a>

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2017, 01:01:17 AM »

Here we go. Plum Blossom Basics. Had some people message me through my youtube account and I figured it had to come from here. ( I unlist a lot of my vid's so they are just for the U.S. community. )

Anyone of you familiar with JKD know about the progressive indirect attack...which is about the ONLY time I would actually use a technique like this. Long story short, I started as a MeiHuaQuan student for the first 18...ish...years and was a practitioner of the staff/spear. This system is considered Wushu. One day I happened upon JKD/Kali and everything changed....my box was no longer a box. I tried using my MHQ and the JKD/Kali system ( Lee/Inosanto ) beat me up pretty bad. " The way of no way. " Changed my life! Thought I'd share that personal bit of info since I'm becoming pretty good friends with a lot of the community. Hope you enjoy.

Edit - I let youtube stabilize the video and it made it zoom in and out....never again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ag0Zx9W3sY

That was awesome. I don't currently have my saber, or else I would be trying all these things. I watched the whole video, and I'm glad I did (my attention span can be pretty long if I am interested in something), because I actually learned things that I can incorperate into anything that I do, so thank you. That was very cool.

Point to you

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2017, 01:37:57 AM »

thanks! I deleted the previous vid and replaced it with the same vid because the youtube " stabilization " is absolutely terrible. Here is the new link. Sorry for the double post.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CPa_6baMMs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CPa_6baMMs</a>

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 47

Play that same song!

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2017, 11:31:51 AM »

I deleted the previous vid and replaced it with the same vid because the youtube " stabilization " is absolutely terrible. Here is the new link. Sorry for the double post.

Haha yeah I've noticed this before with saber vids. I'm not surprised that an intense spinning light against a dark background causes YouTube to get confused!

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -9

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2017, 05:27:15 AM »

I cannot for the life of me get the Obi-Ani down. I can do figure 8s all day but I keep getting stuck when trying to bring the saber forward again >.<

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2017, 07:00:08 AM »

I cannot for the life of me get the Obi-Ani down. I can do figure 8s all day but I keep getting stuck when trying to bring the saber forward again >.<
You're not alone. I'm having trouble after bringing it forward and flowing back to the starting position to initiate another swing behind my back. Still feeling awkward and lacking fluidity.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »

A couple people have tutorials with sabers breaking it down, if you go to my channel, you'll find my own version under the " Staff Spin Zone " section where I break it into parts. You'll have a breakthrough moment when you get it. Love those moments. Keep,training, time + consistency = success.

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2017, 06:34:29 PM »

A couple people have tutorials with sabers breaking it down, if you go to my channel, you'll find my own version under the " Staff Spin Zone " section where I break it into parts. You'll have a breakthrough moment when you get it. Love those moments. Keep,training, time + consistency = success.

I'm going to go take a look right now, something has gotta give. Hopefully your tutorial helps!

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »

I am going to see about updating my video on this move today. I shot the one for figure 8s last night. I was going to do one on strikes, one on walking with spins, and one on the clock face spin first but I will have it jump the line since there is a need.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:18 AM »

The very first post of this thread is full of resources dedicated to learning moves like that. Have a look through them and hopefully they will help.

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2017, 04:09:21 AM »

Well after as decent amount of time trying this particular move,  I have come to the conclusion that I can do some sort of half assed form of obi-ani,  however I don't think I have enough dexterity in my wrist to make it look good.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2017, 04:16:42 AM »

Well after as decent amount of time trying this particular move,  I have come to the conclusion that I can do some sort of half assed form of obi-ani,  however I don't think I have enough dexterity in my wrist to make it look good.

keep at it and if your feeling it in the wrist you need to loosen up a little more. That's going to come mostly from tension. ( unless of course you practiced for more than an hour or so and how heavy your saber is. ) work both sides as well. It can help with the learning curve.

Darth Skorien
Knight Aspirant

Peace is a Lie

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2017, 04:23:30 AM »

I understand the motions needed to execute it correctly,  but my wrist doesn't seem to allow me to do the back to front part fluidly

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2017, 05:13:25 AM »

I don't know that I know how to do the obi-ani, or even what it looks like, but from just practicing with anything and everything all my life, I find that I have a fairly easy time spinning. Even with my left hand. When I got my saber I only ever used my right, but eventually I started training with my left, and now it is almost as good as my right. Granted, neither of them are very good compared to most the people here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: