Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Tutorials  (Read 113489 times)
Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2018, 08:09:32 PM »

Great video. The highlight was definitely the "they are known by other names but we shall not speak them here" line. Good tutorial, could hear it a lot better than some of your previous ones.
Thanks, Taegin🤙🏻😊  i took the discussion about that particular move very seriously😆 lol.  And thanks for the feedback on the volume- i remembered to turn off the loud fan this time🤘🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2018, 04:04:38 AM »

Thank you Dark Cephalus, this is just what I was hoping to find much appreciated.

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2018, 06:04:32 AM »

I never tried an upward wheel, I practiced for 20 mins and left arm down ward wheel since my left is in desperate need. If you guys would please point out my errors, my first 20 mins was horrible it got better the last 5
    https://youtu.be/6H-ekuzkBAQ

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2018, 08:09:40 PM »

I never tried an upward wheel, I practiced for 20 mins and left arm down ward wheel since my left is in desperate need. If you guys would please point out my errors, my first 20 mins was horrible it got better the last 5
    https://youtu.be/6H-ekuzkBAQ

From what I can see at that angle, it looks like you are bringing your arm too far out in front before bringing it to the back for the reverse. The move is suppose to stay as close to your body as possible, which makes it tighter and makes it look better. A lot of people do the same thing with the normal version of the move, by bringing the arm too far out when it comes to the front. You might have a look at this video and see if it helps you any. It should help get the feeling of the move down and keep it constrained closer to the body:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcieFiTd2nk&amp;list=PLtxs8UJy21n7Sbsd1qRzzLrZO8zVh9mp_&amp;index=29&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2018, 10:07:22 PM »

From what I can see at that angle, it looks like you are bringing your arm too far out in front before bringing it to the back for the reverse. The move is suppose to stay as close to your body as possible, which makes it tighter and makes it look better. A lot of people do the same thing with the normal version of the move, by bringing the arm too far out when it comes to the front. You might have a look at this video and see if it helps you any. It should help get the feeling of the move down and keep it constrained closer to the body:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcieFiTd2nk&amp;list=PLtxs8UJy21n7Sbsd1qRzzLrZO8zVh9mp_&amp;index=29&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

[/quote
]  Thank you Master Venturous between your words and video this is where I am from last night and my 2nd attempt of this https://youtu.be/K4fW7Gmh7XQ

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2018, 10:51:06 PM »

It looks a lot smoother and I can tell you are much more confident in the moves. Well done sir.

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »

It looks a lot smoother and I can tell you are much more confident in the moves. Well done sir.
    Thank you it feels natural now, heading now to class I'll review more from the Masters when I get back. You guys are awesome

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2018, 11:46:52 PM »

Thank you it feels natural now, heading now to class I'll review more from the Masters when I get back. You guys are awesome

That tutorial is probably the best ever for this move.
Great job Jaymes. It's always inspiring for me to see peoples progression, weather they are a beginner or a master. You seem to be smoothing moves out really quick. Looking good.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfec2gPVEoE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

upon request- this is an overview and brief tutorial on the Nagamaki Saber setup. enjoy and hit me up for more on this setup Smiley

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2018, 04:09:46 AM »

That tutorial is probably the best ever for this move.
Great job Jaymes. It's always inspiring for me to see peoples progression, weather they are a beginner or a master. You seem to be smoothing moves out really quick. Looking good.

thank you Darth Silenoz, my movement of staff and step have combined I think 70 % or better any suggestions https://youtu.be/_A6MRMHxGh8

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »

What’s great about your training area is how confining it is. I can see how it’s keeping your movements tight and precise. Looking good! Hopefully nobody inadvertently walks down the alley!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »

What’s great about your training area is how confining it is. I can see how it’s keeping your movements tight and precise. Looking good! Hopefully nobody inadvertently walks down the alley!!!
Lmao I post a sign t gf at says enter at your own risk 🤣 thank you brother

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2018, 12:33:58 PM »

Thank you Master Graestar for showing us how to spin with the staff.  Because of your videos, I learned how to reverse the grip of my saber mid spin and revert it back just looking at your videos alone and trying it out from memory.  I'll try to find time this week to make a recording of it to show you and please do tell me about any mistakes or anything you think that I should work on to make it more natural looking. Point incoming my Master.

NikonJedi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

SCJedi

« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the links!!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2018, 08:16:36 PM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the links!!

You'll learn quite a bit, I know I have.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: