Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Tutorials  (Read 113467 times)
Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2019, 09:18:14 PM »

Very cool Darth Cephalus, thanks for starting up this thread. I will be watching all of your (and others) videos you have shared.  Smiley

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2019, 05:53:36 AM »

Thanks to Darth Cephalus' spin tutorial video i have learned the Obi ani, but dont know if the form and everything is there, and if im doing it correctly. I will try to make a short video  and would like to post it for comments and suggestions on improvement and/or verification that it is being done correctly... yet i dont know where the best place to post this would be. Please inform me to where the best thread for a short video would be, so that i will get the most views/suggestions from said video. Thanks for any help provided.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2019, 12:11:11 PM »

Thanks to Darth Cephalus' spin tutorial video i have learned the Obi ani, but dont know if the form and everything is there, and if im doing it correctly. I will try to make a short video  and would like to post it for comments and suggestions on improvement and/or verification that it is being done correctly... yet i dont know where the best place to post this would be. Please inform me to where the best thread for a short video would be, so that i will get the most views/suggestions from said video. Thanks for any help provided.

I got started with Saber Flow Art from Darth Cephalus' tutorial videos myself and I have to give him the respect and my gratitude for getting me started. 

You can always post in the Spin Zone Demos/Performances Thread if you like

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23126.975

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2019, 05:59:40 PM »

Thanks for info Infinit, i will post there when i have it all recorded and put together. Might learn some more moves too so its not just a 15 second video, hahahah.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2019, 06:41:17 PM »

Thanks for info Infinit, i will post there when i have it all recorded and put together. Might learn some more moves too so its not just a 15 second video, hahahah.

You're welcome. You can always start your own thread as well.  Cheesy

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2019, 06:46:08 PM »

Ok, got a recording done. Need to edit it quick, take my son to school, then i should have it up. I might start a new thread, but ill probably post it in here also.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2019, 08:28:14 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TtnA4WiRY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>
  Just need to know if the spinning is done correctly? Also, things that could be worked on such as speed, making movements tighter, fluidness, etc... and tips on how to improve these things please. I feel that the ending transition, into the beginning of the move, that there is something wrong, if that makes sense. It doesnt feel right. Am i missing a spin, is my footing off? Just need help. Comments on the youtube video are disabled, please just comment on here with any constructive criticism. It would be much appreciated.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2019, 09:52:43 PM »

Hey Darth Cruelty.  You have the foundation down.  Instead of trying to spin in front of you, bring your arm out to the side of your body and perform your flourishes (spins) and Eclipse (Obi-Ani) like in the video below

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej_d7vUGjco" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Also, work on speed control.  When learning something, start off slow until you have it ingrained into muscle memory. You can then speed up as needed, but remember, Flow Art isn't a race, it's not about going as fast as you can since it'll be harder for the audience to see the trail of the blade if you do so. 

As Master Resolute has mentioned: "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2019, 11:47:56 PM »

I think i was adding an extra spin in there or something. The tutorial i watched first (which was not Darth Cephalus') said to do a forward spin, into the behind the back "spin", then when you pull it back to the front you do a back spin.. and recently it seems you dont do the final back spin, you just go straight back into the forward spin, right? For some reason this has been so confusing for me. Please correct me if im wrong. Thank you Infinit for your video and helping hand. And i agree i was going to fast, as well as tweaking my body too much. Your body is stable, while your shoulder moves. Ill post another shortly to see if you guys think its improved.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/upload_thumbnail?v=U9zyAiAJ4ms" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>
   Updated video of me trying the necessary spins for the "completion" of the Obi Ani. I am currently using a 36'' blade which i think is a huge issue for me. I am waiting for a 32'' and a 24'' to come in. Is this improvement from my other video? Darth Cephalus' video was much more informative than the one i watched on youtube previously, and im hoping i got it down now. Not trying to rush, just trying to make sure the movements are right so i can then work on tightening it up, and slowly pick up speed with time. BIG thanks to infinit for taking the time earlier to give me some constructive criticism, i hope this is better. Please help with comments. Thanks!

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »

My video says error underneath but the picture is still up. Please inform me if the video is not working and i will repost. Sorry...

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »

Hey there, Darth Cruelty.  You're welcome, I'm glad that I can help.  Here's a video of me breaking down the Eclipse aka the Obi-Ani

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtnI6gzlHk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtnI6gzlHk</a>

By the way, I can see your video just fine.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2019, 03:03:16 PM »

Thank you so much Infinit! It's seriously appreciated man. I'm glad that I had the motion down, and I like the breakdown of you explaining why the side is more important than the front. In video it looks way cooler from the side. Now that I have this information, I will get it down slowly first, then practice on my left also. I feel that this will be better achieved also when my smaller blades come in because this 36" is just not working, lol. Thanks again, a lot brother! Point.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2019, 03:41:48 PM »

Thank you so much Infinit! It's seriously appreciated man. I'm glad that I had the motion down, and I like the breakdown of you explaining why the side is more important than the front. In video it looks way cooler from the side. Now that I have this information, I will get it down slowly first, then practice on my left also. I feel that this will be better achieved also when my smaller blades come in because this 36" is just not working, lol. Thanks again, a lot brother! Point.

You're welcome and I'm glad that I can help you with your question.  I too started off with the 36" and it's just too long for me too and I stand at 5'10.  32" work perfect for my height and reach but I recommend to play around with the different blade lengths and see what's comfortable for you.    If you have any more questions, just let me know.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2019, 06:35:50 AM »

Do you currently use a 32''? In the video you posted it looked like a 24'', just curious. They should be in on thursday and my next day off is on saturday, so ill prob have another video by monday at the latest. Im excited to try the different sizes and see which one works best, because yeah, im at 6' 2'' and its still really big. Not impossible, just irritating. Keep hitting it on the ground.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: