Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Tutorials  (Read 114165 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »

Do you currently use a 32''? In the video you posted it looked like a 24'', just curious. They should be in on thursday and my next day off is on saturday, so ill prob have another video by monday at the latest. Im excited to try the different sizes and see which one works best, because yeah, im at 6' 2'' and its still really big. Not impossible, just irritating. Keep hitting it on the ground.

The saber you see in the video in the AB blade is a 24" since it has a twin that turns into a staff so I'm using one of my two from my staff to spin for now. My usual sabers are down due to me needing to replace the battery cases that were damaged from them getting beat up from spinning. My others are 32" that I normally spin with.

This VA blade is a 32" but it's currently down

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8rQKFKTTw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »

Hi. I'm new to all of this. I'm waiting to purchase my first US. I have aother LED lightsaber and I think The stuff on the handle oulld make it hard to do some of this. I see some advice sbove me about the length but can anyone recomend what type of body or frame to use for these type of moves? Thank you.

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2019, 08:01:12 PM »

Hi. I'm new to all of this. I'm waiting to purchase my first US. I have aother LED lightsaber and I think The stuff on the handle oulld make it hard to do some of this. I see some advice sbove me about the length but can anyone recomend what type of body or frame to use for these type of moves? Thank you.
Greetings, Rando!(love the Archer handle🤙🏻) as for  hilts conducive to flow, i’d check through the V2 line, V3 aeon/dominix, v3 sentinels- even the some of the “premium” hilts are good for flow.  But for me, the more basic design with even weight helped me to make progress.  I still do most of my practice and demos with my aeon V3😊🤙🏻

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »

Greetings, Rando!(love the Archer handle🤙🏻) as for  hilts conducive to flow, i’d check through the V2 line, V3 aeon/dominix, v3 sentinels- even the some of the “premium” hilts are good for flow.  But for me, the more basic design with even weight helped me to make progress.  I still do most of my practice and demos with my aeon V3😊🤙🏻

The aeon v3 does look comfortable. Those all work as far as the price is concerned too. Still too many options but that helps narrow it down a bit.

Thanks for the information!

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2019, 09:33:05 PM »

Awesome video Infinit! I will get there one day. Lol. Major skill! Thanks for the info on your lengths also. How often do you have to replace battery packs or other internal components though? And is that just contributed to excessive drops, or the spinning motions themselves?

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »

Awesome video Infinit! I will get there one day. Lol. Major skill! Thanks for the info on your lengths also. How often do you have to replace battery packs or other internal components though? And is that just contributed to excessive drops, or the spinning motions themselves?

Thanks and you're welcome.  You'll get there, it just takes practicie and the love for flow art is all.  I replace my batteries either once a week or twice a week but I spin daily and most of the time, several times a day.  Replacing the batteries is just that I spin a lot.  Now, the battery pack shattering is due to drops since the AAA batteries are standard for stunts unless you upgrade to lithium ion batteries. The AAA battery cases are really thin and frail so after a few nice drops, they'll shatter.  If you own a V4 line, you can velcro the the entire battery case after using electrical tape to ensure that the batteries don't pop out during spins and drops.  I use a piece of velcro and wrap the battery case vertically once and another piece to wrap it horizontally. This makes for a nice and tight fit within the hilt leaving no room for play and also acts as cushion in case you drop it (and you will but that's just a learning experience). 

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2019, 03:52:12 AM »

My current saber had the velcro on it when i got it, and i thought that-that was a very good call. So i will definitely do that to my hilt coming also because it seems to work well. And your right, itll give it a very snug fit to cushion incase of drops. I love picking others brains about these things, so thanks again Infinit, always good talking with you. Cant wait to get that video up and continuing my practice. 

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2019, 12:54:27 PM »

So with my standard stunt saber set ups that I have not converted to 18650 batteries yet (I use 18650s on my set ups now due to more capacity and better aftermarket chassis choices), I use electrical tape to keep the AAAs in the case since they tend to pop out during spins, strikes, or drops

I then use a strip of velcro to wrap around the sides of the battery case

Lastly, I use the piece of velcro and wrap the middle of the battery case.

This not only keeps everything from moving inside the hilt while spinning or dueling, but also acts as a cushion of sorts since the battery case has not shattered and I've shattered plenty

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2019, 11:17:13 PM »

My package came in today, so I'll look at it when I get off of work and definitely be getting more velcro, for this is a brilliant idea. Thanks for the pic's bro! What saber was that in the pic?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »

It's the Sentinel LE V4 in the AB blade that you see me spinning with in my videos.

Here's a picture of it right next to it's twin

Both of them conjoined to make my dedicated staff

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2019, 04:12:36 AM »

It's the Sentinel LE V4 in the AB blade that you see me spinning with in my videos.

Here's a picture of it right next to it's twin

Both of them conjoined to make my dedicated staff

Those are awesome Infinite! I want a sentinel so bad. Honestly might be my next saber, but I want a v5 soon too, lol. How do you like the guarded switch? I've been getting the A/V on all of mine... is it ok, or get in the way? Love the color too man. I need a guardian blue saber v5. They look amazing!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2019, 07:04:39 AM »

Thanks, Darth Cruelty.  I'm not a fan of the guarded switch since they rise much higher than the AV switches and gets in the way of spinning so I typically buy AV switches and swap them out. Just haven't done so yet.  The blades are actually Arbiter Blue on my Sentinel LE V4s but I agree, Guardian Blue (GB) blades are amazing along with the Arbiter Blue (AB) blades.. 

Here's my Dark Initiate V4 in the Guardian Blue, the GB looks a bit purple in some lighting and angles but it's a darker shade of blue

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2019, 07:59:42 PM »

Anyone have any tutorials on how to do a back wrap or neck wrap? That is one I'd like to learn, and I can't seem to get it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2019, 05:32:24 PM »

Anyone have any tutorials on how to do a back wrap or neck wrap? That is one I'd like to learn, and I can't seem to get it.

Hello Taegin. I could be wrong about exactly what you are looking for, but there is a lady named Michelle Christa Smith on YouTube that I think does a lot of stuff like that. Pretty mind blowing. I would check her out if you haven't already. I look forward to seeing it when you get them down. Good luck!

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2019, 04:06:13 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLESVJTS74" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

also look up SNES
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:07:11 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: