Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 472679 times)
Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2016, 05:39:09 AM »

The speed is good, though I would caution against that whipping action you're doing to bring the saber back to the front. That can really take its toll on your shoulder if you do it too much or too intensely like that. Other than that, it looks good to me. Next step would be the plum flower.

Mivew128
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

Light Side Points please

« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »

The speed is good, though I would caution against that whipping action you're doing to bring the saber back to the front. That can really take its toll on your shoulder if you do it too much or too intensely like that. Other than that, it looks good to me. Next step would be the plum flower.

I'm glad you mentioned that Wink I learned my lesson with it, and whip my arm up to a certain intensity, so as to not harm the shoulder. Wink

Owned:
Obsidian Bellicose (TRI Consular Green, Blue Button, Long Groves)
Stunt Aeon V4 (Sunrider's Destiny)
Stunt Sentinel LE (Arctic Blue)

Want:
Obsidian Electrum Wind (Violet Amethyst, Black Pommel)
Obsidian Flamberge LE (Blazing Red)

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2016, 05:39:01 AM »

This is just a simple video I make in honor of May 4th of me spinning to Elements by Lindsay Stirling.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNgCd4H0pI&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNgCd4H0pI&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 47

Play that same song!

« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »

This is just a simple video I make in honor of May 4th of me spinning to Elements by Lindsay Stirling.

Amazing as usual. Love that little slow motion part at 3:00, so cool!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2016, 12:00:55 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNgCd4H0pI&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNgCd4H0pI&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Always good to see a full demonstration from you.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2016, 06:48:43 PM »

I wish the cameras I used had picked up more light than they did, as it is a bit hard to see what I'm doing. Next time I do a video like this, I'll have to film it in my apartment where the light actually shows up more. Was still fun to make though Smiley

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2016, 01:47:55 AM »

As always, a pleasure to see your spins, Master Venturous!

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2016, 03:21:20 AM »

Aerials and a light pike? Who are you and what have you done with Venturous? Awesome and inspirational as usual. Makes me wish I had time to film something today. Alas, out of town relatives are hindering my ability to spin. I will have to live vicariously through your videos and reward you with points.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2016, 03:40:41 AM »

I was looking forward to seeing a video from you for May 4th. It was like another opportunity to make something similar to the spin wars. Maybe you can post something when you get back from the relatives.

And yes, aerials and pikes is a thing now. I was going to include double staves in there too, but realized I only had a set of batteries for one staff. Maybe next time.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2016, 03:47:03 AM »

Double staffs? I can't wait. I have been wanting someone else to pick those up so I can steal appropriate some moves. I may be able to film something tomorrow. Perhaps I will just have to respond with a Revenge of the 5th video.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2016, 09:55:24 PM »

Double staves requires that you have pretty much mastered dual-wielding. And dual-wielding is my weakest weapon style, so it will probably be a while before I get around to tampering with that. I was playing around with a shortened pike earlier and thought double pikes would be fun to try out. I'm going to focus on the combative side of things for a while, then maybe I'll start dabbling in those kinds of videos.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2016, 04:06:59 AM »

My revenge of the 5th response is filmed, but it will be tomorrow before I can post it. That makes it at least partly on time. Since yours was a day early, I am going to count it.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »

We shall look forward to your video with great interest.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2016, 12:30:11 AM »

Very nice. I know I'm late. But here you go  Smiley

http://youtu.be/ub0KCwJhE4E

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2016, 02:10:53 AM »

We shall look forward to your video with great interest.
Took a while to format but here it is. Double lightsaber staff spinning to Dream On by Aerosmith. Still not perfect but I think much improved over my last attempt at double staff. Ambient light was high and my red filters on my initiate staff were a bit aggressive, but the red comes through on occasion.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs</a>

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: