Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470548 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2016, 02:31:06 AM »

Very nice. I know I'm late. But here you go  Smiley

http://youtu.be/ub0KCwJhE4E

Are those single sided saberstaffs you are using?

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2016, 03:12:12 AM »

Nice vid, I'm still working those flips.

The green is a saber staff. The red is the dark sentinel v4. It's almost the same length as the staff though.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2016, 05:07:16 AM »

Took a while to format but here it is. Double lightsaber staff spinning to Dream On by Aerosmith. Still not perfect but I think much improved over my last attempt at double staff. Ambient light was high and my red filters on my initiate staff were a bit aggressive, but the red comes through on occasion.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs</a>

Nicely done. Dual staff can be pretty cumbersome, bit it looks like you handle them pretty well. You easily carry a lot over from your dual wielding.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2016, 05:30:56 AM »

I coulden't resesit answering the challenge from your earlier post. I wouldn't say easily though. The last time I tried this (a few months ago) I hit myself in the face and busted open my lip. Round two went a bit better.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2016, 01:36:29 PM »

The pacing for that double staff video is surprimgly easy to follow.  It almost makes me feel like I could go out and try it.  Usually I'm lost in the woods rewatching over and over trying to figure out what you're doing.  Maybe I've just watched one too many Darth Cephalus tutorial and I'm starting to understand XD

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »

Wish I could get in on this with you guys, only have one staff. I suppose I could order another sentinel v4. Doubt it though...this child of mine can get expensive. Thus why I lurk in the shadows more.

Something kinda funny happened Cephalus. I remember you saying you were teaching a seminar or something of the like for spinning and such. Turns out a teacher at one of the schools who is a student of mine at the academy asked me to teach the cheerleaders and some members of the marching band how to walk, move and dual baton little flower ( obi ani ). They were a talented little group and we only had two students whack themselves while practicing. I had them learn on short staffs for strength development and told them to move on to redwood or red oak once the rattan started to feel like air and/or an extension of their body.

I guess if you would like to see my techniques I could use my combat staffs. You'd actually see me throw on a helmet due to the weight of them. One mistake at speed is a visit to the ER.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2016, 05:57:44 PM »

Took a while to format but here it is. Double lightsaber staff spinning to Dream On by Aerosmith. Still not perfect but I think much improved over my last attempt at double staff. Ambient light was high and my red filters on my initiate staff were a bit aggressive, but the red comes through on occasion.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_vAINYvCs</a>

That's marvellous, you really deserve the "Four Hands of General Grievous"-award!

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2016, 03:59:50 AM »

The pacing for that double staff video is surprimgly easy to follow.  It almost makes me feel like I could go out and try it.  Usually I'm lost in the woods rewatching over and over trying to figure out what you're doing.  Maybe I've just watched one too many Darth Cephalus tutorial and I'm starting to understand XD

Partly that is because I had to force myself to slow down. That was one of my problems last time. The full staffs are so heavy they get away from you with one hand (especially the left) if you are not careful. The solution was to start slow and build up speed then get faster, then slow down, then transition. I was learning that as I spun this time. The slower pace and larger moves though does make the timing a lot more evident.

I guess if you would like to see my techniques I could use my combat staffs. You'd actually see me throw on a helmet due to the weight of them. One mistake at speed is a visit to the ER.

I would really like to see this. I have s-staffs which are short and the rules are different. If the staff fits between your body and your hand with your arm extended, there is a lot more you can do with it. I don't know if that is the case with yours but it would be interesting to see. Just slap an imperial cog sticker on the helmet and call it cosplay.

That's marvellous, you really deserve the "Four Hands of General Grievous"-award!
Two staffs would actually be Pong Krell, but I have never turned down an award and don't intend to start now.

phantompencil
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2016, 09:13:22 AM »

I don't know if this would be considered spinning since it's primarily based around strikes, but the intent was to look flashy.  I was trying to sync saber sounds to my stunt through Sony Vegas.  Some manual pitching, stretching, and timing and this is the result.  Not perfect but that's okay for now Smiley

Using a stunt Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Fire Orange.  30-second video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_aMBRW-lA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_aMBRW-lA</a>

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »

I'm trying to expand what I'm doing with finger rolls a bit.  Here's a quick clip of what I'm doing.  After recording I'm thinking it would be worth trying to go straight from the aerial into the finger roll on the right side.  The issue is it takes a bit of momentum to get that reverse finger roll to get going.  It's worth a try though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL_XzvHaLJI&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL_XzvHaLJI&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2016, 09:33:35 PM »

Looking real good! Smooth.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2016, 09:38:11 PM »

https://youtu.be/NRbWgZ7N1nc

Added some drills that would normally be done with two broadswords (Chinese to be exact.)

THe two staff's in the beginning are my combat weapons. The red oak in particular is very good at smashing things with little to no effort....thus, my training speed in the video. I switch them out for my training staff and saber staff. In order to give you a better demo I would need two weapons the weigh close to the same. ( typically half a pound will not mess me up. Anything more can mess with the " sync " )

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2016, 09:42:53 PM »

@phantompencil: I like that move! Also the sound editing was great!

@Samhain: Where has that wreck of the pickup gone from behind you? Smiley (Nice spin!)

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2016, 01:17:29 AM »

https://youtu.be/NRbWgZ7N1nc

Added some drills that would normally be done with two broadswords (Chinese to be exact.)

THe two staff's in the beginning are my combat weapons. The red oak in particular is very good at smashing things with little to no effort....thus, my training speed in the video. I switch them out for my training staff and saber staff. In order to give you a better demo I would need two weapons the weigh close to the same. ( typically half a pound will not mess me up. Anything more can mess with the " sync " )

That downward crossover is a tricky SOB isn't it. For the record, you can do the super obi-anis and dual plumbs with two staffs as well. Watch out for the former though as they put your face at risk.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2016, 01:54:07 AM »

It can be. I'll have to give those a try. I'm going to be putting together a lightsaber spear with some pikes. Real excited. Allows me to use to more like an actual staff. For the most part.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: