Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 473275 times)
Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2016, 01:56:08 AM »

@phantompencil: I like that move! Also the sound editing was great!

@Samhain: Where has that wreck of the pickup gone from behind you? Smiley (Nice spin!)

The camera is sitting on it lmao

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2016, 04:02:36 PM »

@ Ceph

Forgot to mention, i have never tried the standard plum blossom with two staff's. We do it all the time dual wielding. The school I use to attend 15 years ago used it as a precursor to the next rank. ( with swords , not staffs )

I tried it today, easier than i thought but i definitely see your point with watching out for the head shot! I started doing it " at speed " and had to let one go so it didn't whack me! I might just get another saber staff so i can do these properly. The weight still throws me off if it is not equal.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »

All this double staff stuff and I'm like "I can try that". Then I immediately realize I've never spun a staff in my right hand on its own.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2016, 07:37:15 PM »

@ Ceph

Forgot to mention, i have never tried the standard plum blossom with two staff's. We do it all the time dual wielding. The school I use to attend 15 years ago used it as a precursor to the next rank. ( with swords , not staffs )

I tried it today, easier than i thought but i definitely see your point with watching out for the head shot! I started doing it " at speed " and had to let one go so it didn't whack me! I might just get another saber staff so i can do these properly. The weight still throws me off if it is not equal.

If the unequal weight gets you, you should try triple wield. Staff in one hand and saber in the other gets you used to dealing with the discrepancy. I find triple wield with the staff in my less dominant hand to be a lot of fun.

And Samhain, yeah I would say going from single saber to double staff would be a bad idea. There is a reason that there are only two people on this forum that I know of who have done it. Like Venturous said, you want to be a fluent double user with a decent proficiency in staff before attempting it or you will clock yourself. The dual wield is more important than the staff proficiency. I would say get dual wield with short blades, go to long blades, pick up staff skills, get used to staff in one hand, maybe try triple with the staff in the dominant hand, then try it.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »

Double staff is one of those things that you shouldn't even attempt unless you have a good amount of experience with dual wielding single sabers. Even then, you're going from two blades to four blades, which essentially doubles the chances of wacking yourself. As Cephalus said, it would be better to try a staff in one hand and a single in the other first before progressing to dual staves.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:12 PM »

Just playing around with some ideas.  I kind of like DC's idea of doing moves backwards so I wanted to try a full plum flower in reverse.  Not sure if it's right but it's still pretty weird looking.  I also wanted to try throwing in as many unnecessary spins into a plum flower as I could using finger rolls.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjW-V8vV-k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjW-V8vV-k</a>

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #201 on: May 26, 2016, 04:59:15 AM »

So I actually reversed the video and my reverse plum flower looks almost exactly like a normal one.  So I think I pretty much got it.  I might should post it because man aerials look funny on a reversed video.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2016, 01:50:36 AM »

I was going to say that the reverse looked right to me, but that would still be interesting to see. I have never viewed one of these in reverse before. Great way to test the form though.

As to the reverse plumb, it is an odd move, just like with the reverse Obi-Ani. Basically in a standard Obi-ani and plumb, the blade follows your hand. You throw the shoulder, the shoulder pulls the hand, and the blade follows. To reverse it, you are letting the blade lead. This is what leads to that dangerous shoulder whip in the reverse Obi-Ani. If the hand follows and the shoulder does not, you have the momentum to hurt yourself. With the standard plumb, you turn the shoulder throw into a turn by keeping it going and transitioning across the body for the upward stroke. With the reverse, you stab behind and let your hips follow the path of the blade. In some ways, the plumb is easier because it harder to not have the shoulder move at the end if you are already moving towards it; you just let the shoulder finish the action.

The only suggestion I can give on improving what you have is that you work on moving your off hand off your chest. If you can find a better place for it, you will sell the moves more.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #203 on: May 27, 2016, 02:55:20 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwJluIvJS8k&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwJluIvJS8k&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2016, 03:53:33 AM »

I see what you mean. The odd bit is that in reverse, the aerials pick up speed rather than lose it. My favorite part though is the first/last move. A finger roll into an aerial is impressive, but an aerial into a finger roll with no pause to grip looks insane.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2016, 04:26:19 AM »

I see what you mean. The odd bit is that in reverse, the aerials pick up speed rather than lose it. My favorite part though is the first/last move. A finger roll into an aerial is impressive, but an aerial into a finger roll with no pause to grip looks insane.

I feel like I might could do that.  I was already doing something similar in a previous video. An aerial at the end of the reverse obi ani directly into a finger roll.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2016, 04:39:26 AM »

A brief dual wield freestyle to Transcendence by Lindsay Sterling. Working in a very enclosed space. It had been a while since I posted, so I figured I would throw something together. Also fiddling with a video filter. It will be a while longer before I can post anything serious, but this at least shows that I am still alive.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX3fCxXAtWw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX3fCxXAtWw</a>

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2016, 04:47:57 AM »

You always make this stuff look so effortless.

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -69

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2016, 10:00:49 PM »

I'm still alive also. I'll post my latest video her also. I've been practicing different moves by using the back of my hands to either catch, knock reversal some moves and some balancing in there. Very difficult, little control and minimal room for error. Also trying moves like these are proper knuckel brusers. be warned. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8n87swcAfE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8n87swcAfE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Chemist the Phantom Menace, the kinda Sith that smoke spliffs.
Witnessing my foes getting wiped from existence
Rolling doobs,  grow the finest down in naboo, lyrical kung fu focus attack. just like windu.
I also got a bong in the shape or R2D2 with efficient badass chrome droids rollin in my crew

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2016, 11:47:44 PM »

I'm giving you points again because it's to impressive.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: