Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470488 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2017, 04:05:58 AM »

I mean there's like this tiny window where I can spin and the blade color show up well while still being able to see the person doing the spinning.  During that windows when I'm usually working or running errands XD

I know that window, and it is quickly going away for me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2017, 01:59:06 AM »

Trying to get back into the habit of posting
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_e44nHDpk&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa_e44nHDpk&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2017, 05:06:45 AM »

Dang it Samhain. That was awesome. I may not know that much about spinning, but I know enough to know that that was no simple feat. That was gorgeous.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2017, 05:34:53 AM »

@ DC -- Yea, close. I had it at -0.30s. Figured out some new techniques with the QRC

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG6UH3jnt2g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG6UH3jnt2g</a>

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2017, 11:27:17 PM »

That was awesome Ryan. I'm assuming all the color changes was from VFX. They looked great. My favorite part was when you appeared with the Star Lord mask, the way you did that was awesome. It really looked like you had some form of teleportation/super-speed. Great job.

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2017, 04:02:40 AM »

Now that I've finally gotten some new batteries, I thought it appropriate to make a new video with these.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoJ8DKtL5Vg&feature=youtu.be

That was quite impressive Master Venturous!
I have been learning under the tutorials of Darth Cephalus and have about a year of practice under my belt. I am currently working on Intermediate spins and teaching my young padawan daughter the beginning basics. Darth Cephalus tells me that by teaching what I have learned, gives me a better understanding and know how as I progress. I believe he is right. I have watched some of your older videos and love your art form. This new one is done quite well, so much I had to watch it again. I am a big fan!
Just wanted to give you a shout out and show respect where it is due.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU MY FRIEND

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »

That was quite impressive Master Venturous!
I have been learning under the tutorials of Darth Cephalus and have about a year of practice under my belt. I am currently working on Intermediate spins and teaching my young padawan daughter the beginning basics. Darth Cephalus tells me that by teaching what I have learned, gives me a better understanding and know how as I progress. I believe he is right. I have watched some of your older videos and love your art form. This new one is done quite well, so much I had to watch it again. I am a big fan!
Just wanted to give you a shout out and show respect where it is due.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU MY FRIEND

Thanks very much. You can definitely learn a lot from Cephalus and he keeps pretty active, both on his channel and the forums. And he is right in that by teaching what you know, you'll gain a better understanding of it yourself. A lot of people think there is a teacher and a student, but we are always learners.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2017, 02:09:29 PM »

@ Taegin - - Thank you kindly! The color changing effect is just an Fx filter. The Echo effect is at the end.

Teaching is the best way to learn! What works for you, may not work for others. So it gives you a chance to break down the material different ways. Maybe more " baby steps " are required...I have a lot of students who learn visually, some who learn kinesthetically. Whatever the case I agree with Venturous 100%. We are all, always learning. Even the best instructor is still learning ( doesn't matter the art, weapon, or practice for that matter. If you stop learning, you stop growing!! )

One thing for sure, Teaching someone something you know like the back of your hand makes you realize you may not know " the back of your hand " as well as you thought. It will in turn, make you even better every time you teach it. We have a saying ( many ) at my academy. " We learn to teach so we can Teach to learn. "

Keep at it my friend. Time + Consistency = Success!

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2017, 11:03:24 PM »

Got in a quick release coupler. Disconnect is easy, reconnect is a bit trickier. This video is my first spinning session with it. Now I am no Ryan with this thing yet, but I think with some more practice, I will get the hang of it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlppaL6A-Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlppaL6A-Q</a>

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2017, 11:43:14 PM »

Got in a quick release coupler. Disconnect is easy, reconnect is a bit trickier. This video is my first spinning session with it. Now I am no Ryan with this thing yet, but I think with some more practice, I will get the hang of it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlppaL6A-Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlppaL6A-Q</a>

You all are going to force me to get one of these... Nicely done though

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2017, 02:29:16 PM »

Very nice! I only have 5 QRC techniques at the moment, working on more. I know for a fact you'll get it down quickly.

And yes, Venturous, you have to pick one up as well!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:48 AM »

I'd kill for a QRC on an apprentice staff with 24'' blades! 

Anyway I recorded some of what I was doing today.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gT9UWw04vE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gT9UWw04vE</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2017, 03:05:10 AM »

I don't know that I'd kill for it, but I would probably severely maim. Cheesy

That is pretty awesome. Unless I already know the move you are making, I can't even see what you are doing it is so fast.

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2017, 10:31:09 PM »

Nicely done! From what I have seen and learned from you in the past, it will take you no time to get that reconnect down the way you want it. I still thought it looked awesome. I want one of those but I am going to wait until I get enough practice in with my v2 coupler I am getting for my Dominix Le v2 and my Aeon v2. I do have a question though, what do you suggest as far  blade size for spinning a double ended saber? It seems to me that my 36" blades are too long for this sort of thing.

*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2017, 10:33:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gT9UWw04vE

Awesome Samhain! Dude you rock with those sabers.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: