Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 473317 times)
Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #645 on: June 03, 2018, 03:44:37 PM »

Sure seems like it so far. Thank you. I have a question for you. Can I call you FTBM? Full Time Beast Mode. Or is Sam alright? Smiley
Right on- or you can call him more than a little intimidating when he’s all Mauled up🤙🏻 Love your getup with that, Sam. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #646 on: June 03, 2018, 04:52:49 PM »

Man, That was just beautiful. I hope to be half that graceful one day. I think I'd rather do that than duel at this point. It looks so meditative.
Plus you don't have to wait to find an opponent. I was told to watch your tutorials by Matt Nihilus. I'm going to have to get on that. I am just scratching the surface of all these new styles everyone has, but that was like a dance. fantastic. Oh yeah, how long have you been doing this, and do you have any martial arts training? It looks to me like you do.

Thank you. That was one of the more artistic vids I've done. I'd love to get a group together and film a saber vid to music, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

I've been spinning stuff for over ten years, mostly with a staff, but I try to mix it up. As far as martial arts experience goes, I used to study Jeet Kune Do on my own and anything and everything Bruce Lee growing up. That's where I picked up nunchaku. In terms of formal training, I am a black belt in an American martial art named Shim Shin Do. Most of what I know with weapons however has been self taught or from watching YouTube vids myself.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #647 on: June 03, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »

Thank you. That was one of the more artistic vids I've done. I'd love to get a group together and film a saber vid to music, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

I've been spinning stuff for over ten years, mostly with a staff, but I try to mix it up. As far as martial arts experience goes, I used to study Jeet Kune Do on my own and anything and everything Bruce Lee growing up. That's where I picked up nunchaku. In terms of formal training, I am a black belt in an American martial art named Shim Shin Do. Most of what I know with weapons however has been self taught or from watching YouTube vids myself.

See, I can usually tell when people doing this have previous martial arts experience. I'm not sure where you are but even if its semi close I have no car and very little to no money to get anywhere, and it's not like I'm very good but I'm determined to get good and and a group saber music video would be about the coolest thing I can think of. I'm getting all kinds of ideas for it right know. And as far as Bruce Lee,

"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
"Having no limitation as limitation"
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
"Don't think, feel....it is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!"

Or in other words "be water my friend."
Because of Bruce I like to chuck around myself. I think it will help with the saber work. I need to practice both more.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #648 on: June 03, 2018, 10:29:40 PM »

Yes. Sijo Bruce Lee says it best. Words to live by.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #649 on: June 03, 2018, 11:18:02 PM »

I'm based out of Missouri at the moment, with plans to move to Florida within a few years. Do you have a saber already? If so, which one?

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #650 on: June 03, 2018, 11:19:53 PM »

Stop waiting and move already.....Orlando right?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #651 on: June 04, 2018, 01:16:20 AM »

If Masters V and R where both in Florida, I might have to take a trip down there sometime. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2018, 02:56:12 AM »

I'm based out of Missouri at the moment, with plans to move to Florida within a few years. Do you have a saber already? If so, which one?

I have the same three I've had for a few months now. An Aeon V4 Tri AB. A Dominix V4 In Tri FO And a stunt Sentinel V4 in GB with extra weight in the pommel.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2018, 03:03:22 AM »

Stop waiting and move already.....Orlando right?

St. Augustine actually and believe me, I would move tomorrow if I could, but I have to wait for my wife to finish school here and finances are already tight. Plus we just found out we're pregnant, so finances are about to get even tighter. We will be relying heavily on tax returns to pay off one of the cars and once that is done, we'll start saving up for the move. Our goal is to be moved within the next three years though.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #654 on: June 16, 2018, 04:12:18 AM »

Close enough. We actually go to seminars in Jacksonville for Guro Inosanto, Sifu Fong and Sensei Paulson. You'll be close and should come. Excuse to train together!

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #655 on: June 16, 2018, 04:21:44 AM »

Close enough. We actually go to seminars in Jacksonville for Guro Inosanto, Sifu Fong and Sensei Paulson. You'll be close and should come. Excuse to train together!

I'd only be an hour drive to Jacksonville, so I shall keep this in mind.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #656 on: June 20, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzuNrGG7Fs&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzuNrGG7Fs&amp;feature=share</a>

This is a montage of my latest training session on DEK’s Fire🤙🏻

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga04HJHrGWE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga04HJHrGWE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WJBrkFj5E&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WJBrkFj5E&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2018, 06:49:33 PM »

All coolness of the fire spinning aside, the badassery of the partially lit angel roll, and the over all smoothness of your set aside- that thing just SOUNDS so rad when it’s moving!😄

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzuNrGG7Fs&feature=share

This is a montage of my latest training session on DEK’s Fire🤙🏻