Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470493 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #735 on: September 29, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »

I drill a lot of basics, taking the time to work on my non-dominant hand.  Check out Master Ventrous’ tutorial on the Blade Barrier.  It’s a front pass/back pass combo that can be done upward/downward wield, inverted and reverse grip as well.  It’s also a “circular” move that can just go on and on and on until you transition out of it. This gives you a chance to hit that muscle memory while working on the rhythm and coordination for the hand passes. 😊                  i watched a few yesterday from Cephalus, I practiced last night switching hands went ok slightly improved
https://youtu.be/fTkJDvTRCck   I will check out Dark Ventrous today, my staff parts are out on delivery truck will do some play when it gets here 🤗
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #736 on: September 29, 2018, 05:45:08 PM »

There you go- smoothing out already🤙🏻 now you can use this move to work in other new spins- and this basic set will help you complete the loop when drilling.  There’s variations to be found, like the halo spin, DC’s split clockface(flower/ handpass/ grip swap combo), and i have one i call the Duality Loop(4 flowers, 2 handpasses) and plenty to create!😊

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #737 on: September 29, 2018, 06:13:08 PM »

There you go- smoothing out already🤙🏻 now you can use this move to work in other new spins- and this basic set will help you complete the loop when drilling.  There’s variations to be found, like the halo spin, DC’s split clockface(flower/ handpass/ grip swap combo), and i have one i call the Duality Loop(4 flowers, 2 handpasses) and plenty to create!😊

Thank you Master Elwood point for being helpful and awesome

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #738 on: September 29, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »

Your single saber work is awesome, Sam- but i gotta say: your staff flow especially in your gear is just...Menacing😎  yeah... i went there, sorry Master Ventrous- this little pun is mine🤙🏻🤣

Hahaha, very punny.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #739 on: September 30, 2018, 03:04:13 AM »

Sneak attack post!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b0KHGHzJw4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #740 on: September 30, 2018, 03:16:44 AM »

Sweet Cephalus. So cool to see you Force spinning your saber. Looks like you figured out how to do it with your costume on. I remember some of the earliest videos you did like that. So cool to see that you still keep up with this aspect of your skills.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #741 on: September 30, 2018, 03:55:36 AM »

Just put my lightsaber staff together, my hands took a beaten worst was the wooden sword lol at end of video I'll show you
  https://youtu.be/fwYSgUOhr48

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #742 on: September 30, 2018, 04:14:11 AM »

Just put my lightsaber staff together, my hands took a beaten worst was the wooden sword lol at end of video I'll show you
  https://youtu.be/fwYSgUOhr48

After seeing the end of the video, I have to suggest that you greatly slow down the moves and spend more time working with the coordination of them. You'll hear a lot of people around here spout the old saying, "slow leads to smooth and smooth leads to fast." You definitely don't need to beat your hands up like that. While I will admit that almost any new hilt you get has sharp cut edges and it's easy to leave cuts and bruises sometimes, no one should have half of their hand turning that color. It's much better to slow the moves down and work through them gradually than to do them fast to begin with and not be able to pick up a saber for a few days.

Having said all that, your front spin and the blade barrier flourish you had going at the beginning of the vid look great. I also like how you throw in strikes here and there. I know one of my own short-comings is that I focus too much on the flourishing and forget to add other elements like strikes, so well done on that front too.

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #743 on: September 30, 2018, 04:29:31 AM »

You are 100% right, I get over excited a lot and look to see my full capabilities. My Bagua teacher is making me take a break from staff after looking at my hands before this spin. I had to try it out tho, I smashed a wooden sword against my hand while practicing new moves he was teaching me that's probably the color hopefully at least lol. I will slow down after a 4 day break to heal till then wooden broad sword it is 😀. Thanks for the complements I wasn't feeling awesome I'm never as good as I think or hope I am lol.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #744 on: September 30, 2018, 12:26:43 PM »

Sneak attack post!
! No longer available

Awesome! I’ve been wanting to try out some levi-saber or wand work, too. What are you using for a pull cable?
Also, very cool to see some saber footage from you, DC😁🤙🏻

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #745 on: September 30, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »

Agreed with Master Ventrous- slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Master Resolute actually issued an open challenge not long ago to practice at 25% or slower speed for 2-3 minutes- once your hands heal up i’d give it a shot😊🤙🏻.  It helps for maintaining body posture and examining your point to point flow.

Still agreed with Master Ventrous, lots of good technique in there! Just have to find a consistent tempo to bring it all together🤘🏻

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #746 on: September 30, 2018, 05:27:29 PM »

Challenge excepted lol was waiting to be challenged 🤣 didn't want to just do it like there you go lol, thank you both for the help won't need healing time for going slow it will be done today my Masters (Vader voice)

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #747 on: September 30, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »

So I put some 36” blades on my staff today...

https://youtu.be/UQZVVETqC1Q

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2018, 08:45:15 PM »

So I put some 36” blades on my staff today...

Damn, Gumby!😲  if you got accustomed to those, that’d be a pretty scary barrage to defend from!

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #749 on: October 01, 2018, 01:02:10 AM »

Ya, you can see the part where I hit the ground. Clearly it’s a bit long. But, it’s a super fun workout, and makes the shorter blades feel like nothing. It’s was very slippery out. I was afraid I’d end up on my ass if I put too much more power into it!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: