Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 473324 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #750 on: October 01, 2018, 01:39:53 AM »

Awesome! I’ve been wanting to try out some levi-saber or wand work, too. What are you using for a pull cable?
Also, very cool to see some saber footage from you, DC😁🤙🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just plain old black nylon cord. Nothing fancy.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #751 on: October 01, 2018, 02:02:07 AM »

DC, jaymes- I missed you guys vids earlier, frickin awesome!! I can’t show my boy that vid DC, or he’ll want me to teach him how to force wield his saber. Jaymes, I feel your pain. When I came in earlier my right hand was swollen, and both were completely black!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #752 on: October 01, 2018, 03:39:45 AM »

DC, jaymes- I missed you guys vids earlier, frickin awesome!! I can’t show my boy that vid DC, or he’ll want me to teach him how to force wield his saber. Jaymes, I feel your pain. When I came in earlier my right hand was swollen, and both were completely black!!

Thank you so much Imgumby that's awesome for you to say,lol I know what it is we love to do what we do and don't want to stop. Today my arms and knees started getting bad so for the love of God (myself) please stop 🤣.

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #753 on: October 03, 2018, 01:36:09 AM »

Just a short clip, doing the fishtail with this lit is a lot more difficult than it looks.  I think I'm getting more comfortable with the fire.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9qvWWpve5Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #754 on: October 03, 2018, 03:54:41 AM »

He’ll ya...

AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #755 on: October 03, 2018, 11:21:47 AM »

That is so awesome, have another point Sam!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #756 on: October 03, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »

Just a short clip, doing the fishtail with this lit is a lot more difficult than it looks.  I think I'm getting more comfortable with the fire.
! No longer available

Now I understand the fishtail. Looks awesome!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #757 on: October 03, 2018, 06:47:11 PM »

Now I understand the fishtail. Looks awesome!

This upwards fishtail is basically an upwards figure 8, but the prop is located on the top of the wrist.  It’s a little hard to tell in my low quality video, but the palm of my hand is not on the sword until after I’ve returned to the forward facing position.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #758 on: October 06, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »

Just put my lightsaber staff together, my hands took a beaten worst was the wooden sword lol at end of video I'll show you

Yeah, definitely take it easier on your body, dude🤙🏻. I’ve had periods where i’ve just had to wait for the sore wrist or the sore shoulder to get better. Usually i end up working the offhand or single handed if one wing’s mending😉.
Your front spin( windmill) and barrier flourishes are looking pretty good! Just be sure to take the time when transitioning from front to back to nail the positioning and technique on those spins. I found it took a while to bring my left(offhand) side to a full orbit vs cutting it a little short, or flat.
Getting that smoothed out will make transitioning to movement and strikes much easier(and smoother).  That’s where slowing it down will allow you to also concentrate on the footwork needed to transition from flourish to stance and so on😊🤙🏻

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #759 on: October 06, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »

Yeah, definitely take it easier on your body, dude🤙🏻. I’ve had periods where i’ve just had to wait for the sore wrist or the sore shoulder to get better. Usually i end up working the offhand or single handed if one wing’s mending😉.
Your front spin( windmill) and barrier flourishes are looking pretty good! Just be sure to take the time when transitioning from front to back to nail the positioning and technique on those spins. I found it took a while to bring my left(offhand) side to a full orbit vs cutting it a little short, or flat.
Getting that smoothed out will make transitioning to movement and strikes much easier(and smoother).  That’s where slowing it down will allow you to also concentrate on the footwork needed to transition from flourish to stance and so
   yes I completely agree, its hard I want to do something everyday. I didn't do anything yesterday or today lol I'm healing a lot of muscle. Also agree and understand about slowing my skin down to get the perfect grab and rotate forward. I always appreciate your words of wisdom Master Elwood and will be back in a few days when healed. I'm afraid of the staff I realized my steps went out the window , hopefully next time I put it all together 🤙 thank you brother

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2018, 03:13:50 AM »

Got a good day of sabering in. I've been really focusing on control and speed transition with weapons training over the last few years and it has really made a difference. Even changed the way I spar. I put in an example of this is the beginning. Trying to accent speed on the strikes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQP0f1Y8d8U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

It's no fire sword, but it will have to do. Can't wait to see you spinning the fire sword in one hand, and a saber in the other Sam!

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #761 on: October 08, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »

Got a good day of sabering in. I've been really focusing on control and speed transition with weapons training over the last few years and it has really made a difference. Even changed the way I spar. I put in an example of this is the beginning. Trying to accent speed on the strikes.

It's no fire sword, but it will have to do. Can't wait to see you spinning the fire sword in one hand, and a saber in the other Sam!
An inspiring demo to watch, Master Resolute!🙏🏻😊 your body movements and technique are mesmerizing, methodical, and masterful! Thank you for the share, and the extra nudge to grab my sabers and get training😉

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #762 on: October 08, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »

! No longer available

Awesome!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #763 on: October 08, 2018, 06:49:59 PM »

I’m loving your weak hand work master. I was attempting to to some last week and was really struggling. It’s always beneficial to me to watch your videos for things I need to try to improve my form. Much respect and gratitude.🙏🏼

AS

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #764 on: October 08, 2018, 07:38:23 PM »

I’m loving your weak hand work master. I was attempting to to some last week and was really struggling. It’s always beneficial to me to watch your videos for things I need to try to improve my form. Much respect and gratitude.🙏🏼

What's up Mighty Gum? Aren't we lucky to have such incredible Resident Masters?
I would call my left hand my weak hand, but when Master Resolute uses his, I would call it off hand. It's too developed to call it his weak hand anymore. Probably been that way for years.

So many questions.
Where is the new relic Relic Wars (rhetorical, I just want it NOW!)? When does Obi-Wan Wakanda get a staff? Will Master Elwood Graestar in a show of extreme gratitude to us all post tutorials 2 days after his own wedding (Yes. The answer to that one is yes.)? Will our heroes be able to save the day?  Will Master Venturous bless us with a new spinning video (please? Like, seriously, come on dude). Tune in next week for more: Tales from the Saber Artistry Section!

Shouts out to everyone!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: